FIRST

One Last Wave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

27th December, 2014. FNC Entertainment will hold their last stop of FNC Family Kingdom Concert in Osaka. The artists are currently in the agency for a short meeting with the CEO before leaving Korea. At the CNBLUE practice room, the members are having their own time. Jonghyun is tuning his guitars that he will use in the concert. Jungshin is enjoying his time showing their staff members all of Simba’s videos. And Minhyuk is beside his Yonghwa Hyung sitting on the sofa. “Hyung?” Minhyuk called getting Yonghwa’s attention. He responded with “Hmmnn?” Minhyuk who is quite hesitant to ask their leader since he doesn’t want to ruin the Hyung’s mood answered, “Nothing. New Year is about to come. We’ll be okay, right?” The two other members suddenly stopped with what they are doing at Minhyuk’s statement. They all looked at Yonghwa, their eyes looking for a response. Yonghwa felt that their eyes are questioning. “I need to reassure them, of course.” He said to himself. “Oh, it’s time. I think all our luggages are okay now. Kaja!” Yonghwa said while looking at his watch. Everyone shook their heads including their Manager Hyung who unconsciously seems unease at all. “Hyung…” Jungshin took the initiative to speak before the leader goes outside the room. Yonghwa turned to them with a beautiful smile on his face. “Dongsaengs, you know we worked hard to build these dreams. I’m still holding to those dreams. To the top of the world, right? I’m not letting go. Everything is all set. I’ll never let you down. Now, kaja! This is our last live for this year. Let’s make this count!” Upon hearing those words from their Hyung, smiles flashed upon their faces. And with that, CNBLUE went their way to the airport.

*

31st of December, 2014. SNSD are preparing at their backstage room for MBC Gayo Daejaejun rehearsal that morning. “Maknae, have you seen?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun who is staring at her mobile phone. “Maknae, the news. How could it be?” Sunny also asked Seohyun. “And the rehearsal last KBS Gayo Fest. It’s an off cam, Maknae.” She added. “It’s okay Unnie. Nothing serious happened, right?”She replied and smiled to her unnies who are looking very worried to how their Maknae is feeling right now. “She’s smiling though. I don’t know what I can do to lighten up her mood.” Yoona whispered to Tiffany. “She’s faking it again. Aish, this kid.” Tiffany answered back. “She’ll be okay, you know her. We all know her. Just trust our Maknae.” Yuri said as if she’s also convincing herself with what she just said. Hyoyeon who noticed the tension stood up from the dressing table and went closer to other members, “Hey girls, year is ending! Let’s end this with a bang!” Sooyoung nodded and they went for a group hug. Taeyeon who is in the corner doing her make-up nodded to all of them as if saying that they’re all in this together. But in her mind, she said, “Yes, Hyo. With a bang.”

*

It was a great day to start for the fans who are busy spazzing their idols on the internet. It was also a sunny day that Twitter is in chaos. One person tweeted, “Dispatch will reveal another SNSD member dating. Heads up! #01012015” This tweet was like re-tweeted thousands of times already. SONES are bit worried. They don’t know what will happen next. Numerous replied to that tweet asking, or rather confirming if their presumptions are true. This issue did not spare the fans of one SNSD member. They are a little bit worried. Some tweeted, “Will she be okay?” While others are, “I’m betting on my life that they are finally admitting it! They’re real!” Some chose to be silent.

It was noon. Few hours left before MBC Gayo Daejaejun starts. After that morning controversial tweet which is still unconfirmed, another tweeted a GIF. “Kyaaa! I’m crying! They’re real, for real!!!” There had been a fan cam of KBS Gayo special during rehearsal wherein two idols are caught teasing each other, enjoying their moment together, laughing and talking. An off cam video of the two idols along with other artists who have been linked to each other for so many years is circulating. Their fans are very happy. Again, this made the Twitter fans and other fans in chaos. There are countless tweets to their respective Twitter accounts, here and there. But to protect these idols, their fans decided to rapidly shut down the videos, photos and gifs that circulated. They can’t let other people bash their favorite couple. Oblivious to the fans, the idols involved had their heartbeat racing when they saw the tweets mentioned and tagged to them.

*

“What will we do?” the message read from his mobile phone.

“I did not expect this to happen. Sorry.” he replied back.

“That was a rehearsal. I thought no fans are allowed? How can this be?” she replied.

“That’s what I thought too. Why this has to happen after that?”  He messaged back.

*

Few hours passed in Korea and they welcomed 2015 already. MBC Gayo Daejaejun ended. CNBLUE returned to their agency before going back to their personal schedules since CEO Han Sungho called in for the meeting. “Yonghwa, are you sure of this? Years passed already. We went through everything just to keep this from all the fans. You remained silent and it is a good thing. So are we. As your CEO, I want to know if this is your final decision. Doing this? I don’t know if you’ll have the issue subsides. Your members are also waiting.” CEO Han Sungho calmly said. Before answering him, Yonghwa took out his mobile phone and dialed a very familiar number. One ring and the other line answered. “So this is it?” He asked. After few seconds of him nodding and smiling, he said “Arasso. You know that too, right? I’ll tell the CEO and everyone. Stop worrying.” And he ended the call. He looked at s who are all looking back at him. No questions or talking needed. They are like real brothers. Maybe not blood related, but all their hearts and souls are intertwined. Seven years of living together, they already know when they need each other. The dongsaengs nodded at their Hyung. Jonghyun came first to him and patted his shoulder before picking up his personal belongings, getting ready to leave. Minhyuk smiled at his Hyung and made double thumbs up. Jungshin also came and hugged him. He whispered between sobs, “You’ll be fine, Hyung, right? You were the one who helped us reached our dreams. You’ve made us where we are right now. I haven’t told you this, but I’m a proud Maknae.” Yonghwa laughed and pushed him away. He shouted at them, “Yaa! I’m not dying! Aish! These people!” He stood up from the sofa and went to his CEO’s table who is watching them earnestly. CEO spoke to his self, “I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter