ill never hurt you

promise

Hoseok wakes up next to Taehyung, who's sleeping soundly and cuddled up next to him, shirtless.

"Taehyung ah. What happened? Wake up." Hoseok shakes Taehyung up. 

"Nothing happened.. look!" Taehyung smiles and lifts up his share of the blanket. His pants are on.

Hoseok heaves a sigh of relief, and leans back into bed. "I must have been really drunk. I can't remember anything."

"Huh? Oh.. yeah. Of course you don't. There's nothing to remember." Taehyung laughs nervously.

Taehyung lies back down, turning away from Hoseok. "Of course he can't remember anything.. he didn't want anything to happen." Taehyung tears up, thinking of the night before, when he woke up at 3AM just to put on some pants on both Hoseok and himself. He knows that Hoseok will not remember because he was dead drunk, but he was hoping for any sort of recognition because he thought Hoseok liked him back at least a little.

Hoseok hears Taehyung sniffle, and pretends to fall asleep, puzzled. Taehyung gets up and limps his way out, getting ready to prepare breakfast for Hoseok. Hoseok frowns at the sight of Taehyung limping, since both of them were perfectly fine during Taehyung's 20th birthday party. The 5 boys from their high school group had gone over to celebrate, and were sleeping in Hoseok's house, where the party was held.

After awhile, Hoseok's headache dissipates and he slowly starts to remember bits of what happened. "Taehyung, tell me you love me. I promise i won't hurt you." Taehyung holds Hoseok's shoulder tighter, and their bodies press together. "I love you. I really do. It's okay if you hurt me, i will understand. I love you more than you can imagine, Hoseok hyung" Hoseok smiles and lets go of Taehyung, kissing his lips once more. "I love you too." Taehyung smiles softly, drifting to sleep.

"Then how come our pants are still on? Didn't we sleep together?" Hoseok rubs his forehead in wonder. "Dont tell me... Taehyung woke up just to put on my pants and lie to me that nothing happened?" Hoseok looks down at his pants, knowing that he wouldn't have taken off his shirt in the middle of the night. "He's such a fool."

Hoseok walks out of the room, walking to where Taehyung lays out the morning's breakfast. Taehyung smiles as he sets the utensils for Hoseok to start eating. He makes his way to Hoseok, and gently pushes him to his seat. "Here, hyung. You should drink some soup for your hangover. I hope these lightly salted scrambled eggs help you feel better." Taehyung is about to turn away when Hoseok grabs his wrist.

"Taehyung ah. I know what happened last night, and i regret it so much." Taehyung feels tears well up in his eyes, and his heart starts to hurt. He looks at the floor so that Hoseok doesn't have to see him cry. "Look at me. You told me you love me, and i told you i love you. My words weren't meant for that." Taehyung cannot control his tears any longer, and starts to shake while sobbing. Hoseok holds Taehyung's waist and brings him into his embrace. "Can you please forget that we did such a thing last night? I beg you." Taehyung cries even louder. "W-why do you have to hurt me like this, hyung? Can't you just let me believe you loved me back for just last night?" Taehyung wipes his eyes furiously and tries to pull away from Hoseok.

Hoseok places his chin on Taehyung's head. He kisses Taehyung's forehead gently, and rubs soothing circles around his back. "I regret it because i was supposed to tell you that when we were sober. I wanted to make love to you without the influence of alcohol. I regret it because i hurt you, by making you think that i didnt want any of it when i did, and i do, forever. I want you, and i love you. I'm so sorry that you thought i wouldnt want anything to do with you last night. I meant everything i said, but i didnt want our first time to be like this. Will you be my boyfriend? I love you." Taehyung squats on the floor and cries. "You're such a jerk! You hurt me so badly and now you want me to be your boyfriend?" Taehyung punches Hoseok in the leg and Hoseok holds Taehyung, smiling.

"I really regret it. I didnt want this to happen while i was drunk. Now i can only remember a little of what happened, but i want to remember everything and i want to love you as properly as i can. I promise, i will never say such hurtful words and make you cry again." Hoseok wipes Taehyung's tears away and kisses him softly.

"Be my boyfriend. I love you." Taehyung nods into Hoseok's chest and Hoseok brings him back to the table, while getting a glass of water.

"I'm sorry that your hurts this badly, baby." Hoseok places another kiss on Taehyung's lips and walks off to get a box. "Where are you going, hyung?" Taehyung sniffles softly. "Happy birthday. I wanted to give you this promise ring last night, but i couldnt because i drank so much." Hoseok takes out two promise rings and slips one onto Taehyung's finger.

"The next time i'm slipping a ring into your finger, it's the day we will get married." Hoseok smiles and Taehyung hugs him tightly. "I love you so much, hyung. I mean it. Thank you!" Taehyung smiles into Hoseok's shoulder, breathing in his scent. Hoseok grins and places his arms around Taehyung's waist. "I love you too. This time, remember it. I wont let you forget those three words because i'll be saying it to you all the time. I love you." Taehyung leans in and kisses Hoseok.

"I will never regret anything with Taehyung. I will never hurt him. He's all i want, and all i have. I love him."