002

Plan B

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

It was the first sentence to tumble out of Suhyun's mouth, however it fell upon deaf ears, for the figure continued running. It was dragging her so forcefully that Suhyun was convinced her arm would pop out of its socket.

Their surroundings passed by them in blurry and bright colours, and Suhyun was unable to identify where she was. All she felt was her clammy hand, held tightly in a large one, stinging on her legs and hands, dried blood on her forehead, soreness in her legs from running, wind in her face and hair and total and utter confusion.

She couldn't even focus on the person in front of her, pulling her as if she were a wagon full of heavy bricks, running at the fastest speed possible. Suhyun's felt her lungs start to burn from lack of oxygen and clammy sweat all over her face and body. Her feet were starting to ache, as they slapped the pavement repeatedly.

"GET BACK HERE YOU PUNK!"

Voices. Old,loud grainy man voices from behind them, quickly gaining speed on them. Suhyun whipped around her head quickly to see six old men, all dressed in grey suits,chasing them, running as if their lives depended on it. 

They may have been old but the expressions on their faces were menacing and angry. Suhyun swore that she could see the handle of a gun tucked into one of the men's pants. She could feel pricks of fear in her brain,as she gulped, her body starting to tremble

At the sound of this, the person gripped onto her hand tighter, before quickly making a sharp turn, a turn so sharp, Suhyun nearly fell over. Her and the person ran down a dark and narrow alleyway before making yet another sharp turn, arriving on a road that went downhill. To Suhyun's misfortune, the person led her downhill, gravity causing their legs to run faster.

Suhyun's heart was pumping at 1000 beats per min., she was sure of it, Her airways were starting to close and her body was losing strength and energy

Finally, the person made one last sharp turn into a very narrow alleyway, so narrow, the two couldn't stand side by side. The person let go of her hand and quickly pressed her against the wall, before pressing themself against the other wall, directly in front her.

Suhyun wasn't even able to bend over and catch her breath due to the lack of space. Her body collapsed against the other person's, her head drooping, landing on the person's chest. She could feel their heart thump against her forehead and the rise and fall of their chest from their heavy breathing and its firmness. This person had a really firm chest.

Normally, she would be embarassed to do this sort of thing, but at the moment, she didn't care. She was tired,sweaty, bleeding and injured and needed rest.

The two stayed like that,Suhyun attempting to regain her breath, her head resting against the person's chest. She did not dare to look up; she knew she would turn as red as a tomato if she did.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes, in complete silence, just the two of them trying to regain breath, pressed up against one another. As the minutes ticked by, Suhyun couldn't help but observe this person.

They were tall, well taller than her.They smelled nice; like minty,musky,refreshing cologne and they felt warm. Like the sun on a spring's day. And their breathing pattern was sort of rhythmic and relaxing, if that made any sense.

Every so often, she would feel tiny puffs of breath ruffle the top of her head; reminding her that this total stranger was fully aware that she was leaning against him.

When Suhyun's breath was fully regained, she turned her head to inspect the time on her watch. 8:05 a.m; she was already late for her first class.

Aish...Chanhyuk will kill me if he finds this out. Suhyun thought, lifting her head up to face the mysterious person that led her to this awkward situation.

As soon as her eyes laid on their face, her breath caught in . She was speechless.

The person was a he. And he was...gorgeous.

Pale, milky-white,flawless complexion. Perfectly-shaped,rosy lips. Sharply-shaped slanted chocolate brown eyes, the angles sharp and precise. A long,sloping nose. Dazzling, white teeth, not necessarily straight but overlapping one another which looked adorable. A long, oval shaped face with the sharpest,firmest jawline she had ever seen (she swore she could slice her finger open sliding it across it) His long,tousled black bangs covered his forehead, some of it falling into his eyes. He stared down at Suhyun quizically, as if not comprehending why she was in awe.

Suhyun opened , but no words came out. She wasn't even sure what to say, even though a million thoughts were running through her mind.

He leaned down, his face coming closer to hers. Closer and closer...until their noses were almost touching, their lips barely an inch away. Suhyun gulped, not used to this close proximity.

The boy stared at her straight in the eyes before whispering it.

"Pretend this never happened."

Wait...what?

"Don't come close to me." He said, straightening up. "I'm in a dangerous situation and I don't want you to get tangled into this. I'm sorry I kidnapped you, but if you got caught...I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." His voice was low and husky and it gave Suhyun the chills.

"What-"

"Shhh..."The boy interrupted, placing his finger against her lips. "You've experienced too much." He lifted his fingers to where the cut on her forehead was, lightly brushing it as if trying to remove the pain.

Meanwhile, Suhyun was freaked out.She froze as soon as she felt the finger to forehead contact. Who did this boy think he was? And what the hell was going on? Who were those men in the suits?

"I have to go now. Be safe, okay?"

The boy charmingly winked at her before turning and running down the narrow alley. He left a trail of cologne behind him and as soon as the smell faded away, he had disappeared.

Suhyun was covered in scrapes and bruises, yet she didn't feel much pain. She was too confused by the situation to even realize what had just occured.

Suhyun walked down the dark alleyway before following the light at the end of it and stumbling onto a sidewalk. She had no idea where she was; how was she going to get to school?

There was no one around except for a young man in a grey suit. He didn't look like the ones chasing them earlier; he looked kinder, friendlier and definitely younger. 

"Excuse me? Do you know how to get to Joongdong High School?" Suhyun asked the man,neglecting the fact that she looked like she had just fought Godzilla.

The man smiled at her,not at all surprised at her appearance, before pointing left.

"Just keep going straight, turn right at the cherry blossom tree and you'll see it." He advised her.

Suhyun thanked the man,before following his directions, wondering about what had just happened the whole journey there.

+++

"YAH LEE SUHYUN! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

Suhyun recognized her friend, Jung Chanwoo's loud voice, the moment she entered the school. Her good-looking friend ran towards her crazily but Suhyun was too tired to laugh.

"It's been a long morning, Chanwoo oppa." She replied,tiredly emptying her contents into her locker.

"Suhyun-ah we have to get you to the infirmary! You're covered in injuries! What have you been doing? Has Straight-A, good-girl Lee Suhyun gone bad?" Chanwoo teased, as Suhyun got her books and shut her locker.

"I'm fine, Chanwoo oppa really. To be quite honest,I'm not sure of what happened to me. Besides, it doesn't hurt anymore." Suhyun assured him but Chanwoo refused to believe her.

"NUH-UH SUHYUN-AH. TO THE INFIRMARY!"

Suhyun rolled her eyes, but followed Chanwoo to the infirmary anyway. He was a year older than her, so it was understandable that he was so concerned. However, this was the last thing she needed. A claustrophobic,mind-numbing room. She needed fresh air and time to think.

"Lee Suhyun? What are you doing here?" Nurse Jin asked surprised,when they arrived."And what happened to you?"

Normally, Suhyun would cheerfuly reply but this day wasn't normal at all. She shrugged, before sitting down on the bed, the strong smell of antiseptic and medicine filling her nostrils and allowing Nurse Jin to fix her up.

Throughout the rest of the day, Suhyun was practically a living zombie. Everyone was questioning her strange behaviour, and the fact that she had bandages on her face and legs. They were all used to the shy but cheerful Lee Suhyun who aced all of their classes, paid attention at all times and helped anyone when needed. But Suhyun was practically brain-dead.

Last Period was Study Hall, which someone like Suhyun didn't need, seeing as she absorbed information quite easily. Going against her usually obedient nature, she opted to go outside instead. She just couldn't focus in school and needed fresh air, warm sun and silence.

Suhyun found a nice,shady spot under the giant oak tree. Uncapping her purple pen, she started scribbling all she knew about the earlier situation on a lined piece of paper.

Tall, really hot, guy running away from men.

Age: ? Maybe around Chanhyuk's age?

Six old men, all dressed in grey suits. (Government? Police? Gang?)

Guy assumed that he could never forgive himself if I was caught. How dangerous are these men and what lengths would they go to catch him?

Why are they chasing him? Is he a criminal?

Suhyun stared down at the information,before sighing heavily. This wasn't enough to figure out what exactly happened and that bothered her,immensely. This was probably the most interesting,mysterious and strange event in her life so far and she just couldn't figure it out. It would haunt her until the day she died.

At this point, she wasn't even sure if what happened was real. She replayed it in her head so many times, the memories were starting to fog. All she had to remember it were the scars on her body and the Winnie-The-Pooh band-aid stuck on her forehead.

Soon enough, the bell rang and Thank God for that. Suhyun packed up and left the school without saying "Good-Bye" to anyone. She was eager to get home and look up information on this mysterious boy.

Suhyun took the back door out, a door hardly anyone used, to avoid having to talk to anyone. She had previously called Chanhyuk to not pick her up. A nice walk home would probably clear her mind.

Pushing open the heavy glass doors,she was greeted by warm air and bright skies, and green trees and grey suits-

Wait a minute.

Suhyun's eyes widened in alarm as men in grey suits came from every direction, surrounding her so that she was trapped. There was more than 6; at least 10 and they were all closing in her on her. One of them was the one that gave her directions.

Her heartbeat quickened and fear flooded her brain as suddenly,  two of the men forcefully grabbed her arms, their strong grips grasping onto her tightly. 

The man in front of her slammed her into the brick wall, and pinned her shoulders to it with his meaty hands. Suhyun's body banged against it hard, so hard that Suhyun was convinced her bones were cracked.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT PUNK AND WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!" The man demanded, his stinky breath hitting her full in the nostrils. Suhyun almost passed out from the smell.

Normally, Suhyun was a very passive person. She was the type to succumb to anyone's orders to make them happy. She hated creating conflict and drama and fights and just the mere idea of someone even disliking her. She tried to be nice to everyone to avoid this kind of situation.

But now, with the hot sun beating down on her, two men cutting off the circulation in her arms, another threatening to crack both of her shoulders, his pungent breath in her space, she couldn't stand it. Anger was starting to boil and bubble up inside of her and suddenly, all she saw was red.

"LET GO OF ME YOU DIRTY OLD GEEZERS!" Suhyun yelled, struggling against their strong grips.She started thrashing around,however the men just held on tighter.

"Hyun Joong here saw you two disappear into an alleyway together before going your seperate ways. YOU MUST KNOW HIM YOU LIAR!" The man shouted, shaking her.

Suhyun glared at "Hyun Joong", the man she had encountered earlier, who just sheepishly grinned like the coward he was.

"I DON'T, YOU STUPID OLD MAN. NOW LET ME GO!"

"If you don't tell us, we'll kill you, you know. And we're dead serious." The man, reached into his pocket, pulling out a shiny black gun.

"Tell us where the kid is and we'll spare your life."

"I DON'T KNOW HIM!" Suhyun screamed frustratedly. "AND MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T SO OLD AND ROTTEN YOU WOULD REALIZE THAT BY NOW!"

Before the man could process what she had just said, she spat in his face.Immeadiately the man let go of her, blinded by spit.

Turning towards one arm, Suhyun leaned over and forcefully bit the hand holding up her left arm before kicking the other man in the "family jewels" hard. One man started waving his hand around, his hand dripping with blood while the other fell to the ground, holding his crotch area.

From then, it was all a blur of punches and kicks. Suhyun began throwing punches at all of the men, not caring where and who she hit. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins and although she had acquired new injuries, she refused to be defeated.

"DIE BASTARD DIE!"

Suhyun was too busy beating up the men, she had not noticed that someone else had showed up.

With a baseball bat.

Ten swings and all of the men lay unconscious on the ground. 

The smell of musky,minty cologne filled the air. That could only mean one person-

"Did you miss me?"

Suhyun turned. The boy, all 6 feet of him, looking perfect as he was that morning stood there, a baseball bat in his hand. However, instead of his charming grin, he was frowning at her state of condition.

He looked around at all of the bodies on the ground, grimly before looking at her.

"C'mon. I have a lot of explaining to do." He said, dropping the baseball bat. It landed with a loud "thud" that echoed throughout the schoolyard.

And for the second time that day, the boy took her hand leading her to God-knows-where, once again.

 

 

 

{Author's Note}

I think I'm gonna make the chapters short and detailed, like these two because that's what my writing capability could do. (Unfortunately)

I read some of your comments and they really made my day! Thank you for reading this and subscribing.

I'm not used to writing action quite yet, so it might not sound as descriptive as it should. I'm working hard to improve that.

Overall, I'm quite happy at the moment because I'm so inspired and I woke up around 11:00 a.m so that was nice.

How was everyone's day? IT'S SO COLD! My parents are in Thailand right now, so I've been deprived of Asian Food for a few days. AIGOO IT KILLS.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And DAMN Bobby's jawline is sharp.