003

Plan B

"Aish...this guy..."Suhyun grumbled as the guy dragged her through the schoolyard.

But Suhyun couldn't help but blush everytime he looked over at her,checking to see that she was okay. She could see the sharp,defined line of his jawline and his long neck and his sharply-angled eyes and the way sweat was trickling down his face...his good looks were driving Suhyun crazy.

The two finally arrived at the Parking Lot, in front of a black SUV. The boy let go of her hand before opening the door. A blast of artificial pinecone scent hit her nose and she coughed from the smell.

The guy raised his eyebrows before gesturing her to get in to the car. 

Suhyun raised her eyebrows back at him, in disbelief. This kid wasn't serious,right?

"Are you kidding? I'm not getting into a car with you! I don't even know you!" Suhyun exclaimed, folding her arms across her chest. This guy fell on her, made her late for school, got wild men to chase her and now this? There was no way she was getting into this mess...or into his car.

The boy groaned, running his hand through his hair. The strands stook up in odd little places, making him look even more attractive...if that was even possible.

"I'm Kim Jiwon, nice to meet you. Now can you please get into the car? I need to explain everything to you before those men gain consciousness and whether you like it or not, you're a part of the situation now." Jiwon said,tensely his husky voice, low. 

"Why should I? For all I know,you'll kill me!" Suhyun argued, set in a frown. What did she do to get herself into this mess?

"This is for your safety." Jiwon replied, his voice with an edge of frustration to it. "Look, I didn't want you to get caught up into my business but since the men now recognize you...you're a target. They'll come after you and try to kidnap you again. I didn't want it to come to this but they leave me no choice. So could you please get into the car so I can explain everything?"

This time, Jiwon's voice was softer, pleading, begging for her to get into the car. His puppy eyes almost melted Suhyun's heart.

Almost.

"This is really unsafe for me. I don't trust you, especially after what happened this morning."

"It's less safe to stand here and wait for the men to take you."

"Why the hell would you think I would trust you? You're the last person on this planet I would trust!"

"You're making this really difficult for me!" Jiwon exclaimed, ripping his hair out (or at least the motions of it). 

"You must be really stupid if you think kidnapping someone was easy, Jiwon-sshi." Suhyun replied, leaning closer to him and inspecting him. "If that's even your real name."

"IT'S MY REAL NAME! NOW GET INTO THE CAR!" 

"NEVER!"

"Do you hear that? I think they are still around here!"

"We'll get them now!"

Distant angry and loud voices of men echoed throughout the schoolyard, loud and eager.

Jiwon and Suhyun looked at each other in alarm, their eyes both spazstically wide. 

"Get. In." Jiwon mouthed, not even waiting for Suhyun to get in. Quickly, he grabbed Suhyun by her waist and shoved her into the car, before slamming the car door shut and getting into the passenger seat.

Before Suhyun could even get a chance to escape, the car backed up. The smell of burning rubber filled the air as the car made a sharp U-turn before speeding out of the parking lot.

The road was long and bumpy due to nearby construction, causing for Suhyun to bang her head on the seat in front of her. She was having trouble gaining control of her movements, due to the constant jostling of the car. Suhyun struggled to clip in her seatbelt to contain the bumping.

"I didn't expect you to bring the kid with us, Jiwon."

"We had to. If we didn't, the loan sharks would have kidnapped her and inquired her about me. They were about to when I arrived."

"So is she part of this now?"

"I'm afraid so."

As soon as she heard the second male voice, Suhyun's head darted up in alarm. If Jiwon was in the passenger's seat...who was driving?

As if on cue, the car stopped at a red light and the driver turned around to face Suhyun. She nearly screamed when she saw his face.

He wasn't ugly...far from ugly actually. He was quite good-looking with his milky-white skin, dark,round eyes, fluffy black hair tucked into a backwards snapback and wide mouth that probably looked nice when he smiled.

His expression was  solid and cold, his dark eyes piercing her like burning cold black ice, his mouth set into a grim line. Suhyun had never seen such a harsh look on someone's face.

"H...h...i." Suhyun stuttered, bowing. " I'm Lee Suhyun and I'm...um... acquainted with Jiwon-sshi." She gulped nervously and awkwardly smiled, hoping the guy would stop staring her down.

The driver narrowed his eyes before turning to Jiwon. 

"Look at her! She's scared! Look at what you've dragged her into!"

"It's cause you're scaring her HanBin! She was fine before!"

"Cause I'm sure the fact she's covered in scars and she was just mobbed by men means she's fine. God, Jiwon, you have to be more careful. For other people's sake at least."

Jiwon sighed, heavily but nodded agreeing to HanBin's statement. "I agree...I wish it didn't have to be like this."

The light turned from red to green, and as HanBin sped through the streets of Seoul, Suhyun clutched onto her seatbelt like a lifeboat. She could feel all of the contents in her stomach start to flip flop like heavy pancakes. Where the hell were they going? What kind of mess was she involved in? Loan sharks? What the hell was that even supposed to mean?

Finally, they arrived in front of an apartment complex in a unrecognizable place. It seemed to be one of the more secluded areas of Seoul...the ones that Chanhyuk warned her not to visit under any circumstance.

Suhyun unclipped her seatbelt as soon as HanBin parked the car. Jiwon climbed out, opening Suhyun's door, like a gentleman. Taking her hand, he helped her out of the car.

Suhyun couldn't help how...firm and strong Jiwon's grip felt as he grasped on her hand, tightly pulling her out of the car. With his free hand, he slammed the door shut, before following Hanbin into the apartment building, taking Suhyun with him.

Suhyun didn't know what to do. She could try and run away, but what use would that be? She had no idea where she was and she was in the sketchier part of Seoul. Hoodlums could kidnap her and she would recieve a worse fate.

She could run away and hide and call her parents. Of course, then she would have to dodge a long inquiry of "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING THERE LEE SUHYUN?!", not to mention who knows if those men would try to kidnap her again? They knew where her school was. Maybe these two unknown guys could provide protection?

 Look, I didn't want you to get caught up into my business but since the men now recognize you...you're a target. They'll come after you and try to kidnap you again. I didn't want it to come to this but they leave me no choice. So could you please get into the car so I can explain everything?

That was what Jiwon had said, but who was Jiwon anyway? He was being chased by men and lived in a sketchy apartment complex. Why should she trust him?

Suhyun's head was beginning to hurt and not from the intoxicating fumes that entered her nose as soon as they entered the building. Just from thinking; about what had just happened, what was happening now and what will happen.  Just yesterday she was living her normal and boring life and now she was tangled in the middle of a...conspiracy case.

Suhyun was so consumed in her thoughts that she didn't notice that her, Jiwon and Hanbin finally arrived at their destination. It was a small, fairly clean room that smelled of lemon air refreshner. The only messy part was a desk in the corner covered in sheets of paper. Otherwise, it looked sorta...warm and cozy. There was a balcony and window though the blinds were partially closed so not much light shown through. The kitchen was tiny and so was the living room but that shouldn't have been a problem with only two people living there.

"Before we start erm...explaining, do you want anything to drink, Suhyun?" Hanbin asked, kindly turning to her. His mouth was smiling, but his eyes were concerned and a little stressed out.

Suhyun shook her head quickly. "No thank you. But thank you very much, Hanbin-sshi."

Hanbin nodded, shutting the door behind them while Jiwon led her to the kitchen table, still holding her hand. He only let go once they sat down and Suhyun waved it around,airing out her sweaty hand.

Hanbin finally joined them, sitting across from Suhyun while Jiwon was beside her. Suhyun's head was still ringing with paranoia even though the two hadn't done anything to harm her yet. If she needed a quick escape, she decided she would jump off the balcony. It wasn't too far of a drop...she hoped.

"Lee Suhyun." Jiwon finally started, turning to her. Suhyun turned to face him, tearing her vision away from the balcony, only for her eyes to land on Jiwon's very sharp jawline.

She had never seen a jawline so firm on someone before. It made a perfectly straight line from the top of his long neck down to his chin and everytime he talked, Suhyun could see the strong definition of it, bobbing up and down.

Suhyun gulped, realizing that she spent a little too much time staring at his jaw and not answering his question. "Um...yes?"She asked meekly, tearing her eyes away from his attractive jawline.

"How old are you?" He asked, as Hanbin got up, grabbing papers from the cluttered desk. For a few moments, all that was heard was the rustling of paper as Suhyun contemplated if she should tell the truth.

Would it be safe? They haven't tried anything on you yet... but who knows what they'll do later? But obviously they would know if you're lying...

"15 years old." Suhyun replied. Jiwon nodded, as if considering this as an important factor. He exchanged looks with Hanbin who also nodded.

"Alright Suhyun, you're old enough to be let in on what's going on. Well...not that we have much of a choice seeing as you do have the right to know and you're already way too deep in the situation to not know."

Too deep into the situation?! What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"It's a long story so you may be here for awhile. Feel free to text or call your parents you'll be coming home late."

"Excuse me? What do you mean by late? Like nighttime? You're crazy if you want to keep me here at night."

Suhyun folded her arms across her chest, frowning at him. At this, Hanbin and Jiwon chuckled.

"I mean later than you usually get home. Go on, call them. Say you're at your friend's house."

"You are not my friend." Suhyun muttered, punching in the number. For a split second, she considered calling the police. After all, here she was with a source of escape right at her fingertips.

But there was something about Jiwon and Hanbin that seemed...safe. They both seemed to know what she was going through and what happened to her that day. They were going to explain to her what the hell was going on. She should at least give them a chance to explain.

Still, after Suhyun assured her parents she was at the library studying and that she would get a ride from a friend, she put the police on speed dial, just in case Hanbin and Jiwon suddenly went crazy on her.

By this time, Jiwon and Hanbin had taken out a large sheet of paper and were drawing and scribbling unknown letters and drawings. On the top it read "Plan A".

"Alright Lee Suhyun," Hanbin started as Jiwon tacked the paper onto the wall. It was covered in indeciperable words and stickmen and Suhyun resisted the urge to laugh.

"Hello my name is Kim Hanbin and this is Kim Jiwon. And today we are presenting, "Plan A"."Hanbin started off, as if commencing a formal presentation. He nodded at Jiwon who started speaking.

"I came from a pretty average-class family." Jiwon said, pointing at the drawing of stick figures. "Not rich but not too poor...but we were struggling. My dad was a lawyer, though not recieving much clients and my mother was a stay-at-home mom. My brother and I weren't old enough to get jobs."

"We used to live in America." He continued, pointing at the American flag. "However, one day my father recieved a mysterious call. It was from an accountant stating that a benefactor had given us a large fortune. A nice house,"He listed off, pointing at the drawing of a house, "A car, a prestigious education, good job openings basically all the essentials needed for a successful life, here in Seoul. It was all paid for for the length of four years, and when the four years were up, we were to pay for it ourselves."

"How could my father refuse such an offer? Of course he failed to logically think it through. A mysterious benefactor seemed sketchy however, he merely shrugged it off. We weren't living in the best economic situation and a financial miracle appeared right in front of him. So obviously, he jumped at the opportunity."

"We packed our bags and moved here to Seoul, South Korea. I met Hanbin through our fathers who had been friends for a long time, although Hanbin didn't live with his father. Around that time, Hanbin's father was also arrested for embezzlement but that's a whole other story." 

Suhyun looked over at Hanbin, who's face was stone cold at this statement. These two must have gone through quite a bit to end up in a small apartment by themselves. How old were they anyway? They didn't look much older than her, probably around Chanhyuk and Hayi's age.

"Life was good. My father became a successful lawyer, my mother was able to get herself a job as restaurant manager, my brother and I attended one of the best schools in Seoul. It was your school, Suhyun believe it or not. We had a nice car, a nice house went on vacations; basically the dream life. Then that all crashed down 2 months ago."

By this time, Jiwon had run out of drawings to point at. He kept his head down and fists clenched, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Suhyun came to realize how painful his past must have been for him...and how painful talking about it was.

"People came knocking at our door. Loan sharks...they busted in yelling at us, telling us our four years were up and that we owed them millions and millions of won. "

Jiwon's voice was shaking and Suhyun could tell he was fighting hard to keep together. She wanted to tell him it was okay to cry, but the words were stuck in . This was Jiwon's time to explain everything and she wasn't going to interrupt it.

"My mom and dad were in the kitchen with me at the time. They both yelled at me to run away, that they would handle it. I refused to, until my father took one last look at me and said to me, "You're the only one Jiwon. If something goes wrong, you'll be the only one to clear our name." He looked so serious and grave that in that moment I knew I only had one choice. To run."

"And I did. I took the back door out and ran. The loan sharks didn't see me; no one did. I ran to Hanbin's house and as soon as he opened the door, explained everything. All in one breath. There was so much adrenaline in my veins yet I had no idea what had just happened."

"After I calmed down, Hanbin and I try to pick apart what had just happened. At the time I didn't know they were loan sharks, just angry guys in suits. It wasn't until my Aunt called me later that night that I discovered my parents' fate. They had been arrested for not paying the loans of the house after 4 years."

"Of course, this didn't add up. We didn't pay for the house because it was all paid for. Or so we thought..."

"Hanbin and I thought about it, brainstorming about it all through the night. It was 2:30 in the morning when it suddenly hit me. This was a set-up. Someone had set us up, promised loan sharks that we would pay back the money they spent to buy us the house and maintain it for four years. I had no idea why but the first thing that I though of was revenge. But who would take revenge on us?"

"The next morning, Hanbin and I were walking to the bus stop to get to out university when men arrived out of nowhere yelling my name. They had found me and were trying to arrest me too. Luckily, we both got away."

"I couldn't return to my home. It was ransacked; they tried to take everything we had because we were "in debt" to them. Hanbin and I decided to move into an apartment with the money we had. Truth be told it wasn't particularly lavish but it was all we had."

"I dropped out of university because I couldn't afford to pay for tuition fees. Hanbin still goes and I go to work. Ever since this happened, we've been trying to figure out who would take revenge on us, by looking through some of my father's documents. We sometimes go on raids to steal stuff from my old house, looking for information. We have some leads...but not very strong ones."

Jiwon finally looked up, not at Suhyun or at Hanbin, but rather up at the sky.

"I have to clear my family's name. I have to or else my parents will stay in jail. The loan will keep on building on, interest rates will grow higher. I'm the only one. My brother moved out a year ago and doesn't know anything about this. I've been trying to hide it from him, but I can tell he's becoming suspicious. It's been difficult but this is all we have. Plan A."

He turned to Suhyun, who was speechless. Who would do something so horrible to Jiwon's family? It made her sick to her stomach, thinking about the fate Jiwon's family would face if he didn't clear their name...and the slim chances of clearing their name.

"I went to go check up on you today to see if you were okay. I recognized your school's uniform. But then those men...they came out of nowhere. Now they know where your school is. I have no idea how but Suhyun-ah don't get caught up into this. I'm only telling you this as a warning for those men. Whenever you're out, walk around lots of people, especially at school. Never walk alone. I'll try to get them off your case but for now be extremely cautious, okay?"

Suhyun absentmindedly nodded, but gears were turning in her brain. Jiwon and Hanbin were trying to catch the bad guy by looking through his father's documents...though perhaps they were searching in the wrong place...

Suhyun thought about this all through the car ride from the apartment to her house ("Suhyun, who's your new friend?" "No one.") ,through dinnertime ("Suhyun, you are awfully quiet."), through homework, though more like procrastinating because all she could think of Jiwon's situation.

And how she could help.

It was 11:56 p.m at night when Suhyun had finished scribbling on the large sheet of paper outstretched in front of her.

On the top it read "Plan B".

 

 

I'm aware that this story is going kinda fast-paced and I'll try my best to slow it down but I'm one of those jump-right-into-the-action kinda people you know?

Sorry for taking so long to update...I finally got inspired from a book i just finished reading called "The Walled City". My ship didn't happen so i'm kinda mad.

How are all y'all? I watched Big Hero 6 last night...and cried. Tadashi is my life <3.

And didja guys hear the rumors about Jinhwannie? Dis boy...I thought he would end up dating Kimbap, June or Hanbin.

And Hanbin and Jiwon might seem kinda cool in this story but look up at that gif up there and be aware that they are in fact, the complete opposite.

Hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! And thank you so much for your support! :3

-Smileyfacex