Chapter One

REIGN

I smiled to others who stood by the shadows as I walked through one of the corridors of the magnificent castle, my heels clicking against the spotless marble floor. A gown of coal black hugging my body in a tight grip, a grey headpiece encrusted with fine diamonds pinned into my hair which flowed freely around my back and shoulders. 

 

Your probably wondering who I am and what purpose I have in such a castle as this, am I right? Well, I am the future Queen and Guardian of this world and as well as the eleven other realms that revolve around this one. Pretty strange, huh?

 

I never was in line for the throne, but it’s previous King, King Michael, had chosen his successor (since his wife could not be with child) to be me, Aria. 

 

Before I was chosen as the Queen, I was a Keyblader along side my dear brother Sora, and my two best friends Kairi and Riku, protecting the worlds and the realms between from the darkness that was trying to destroy the Kingdom.

 

The one who possessed such power to control the darkness and the creatures within it, was a man called Xehanort, the seeker darkness who was out have the throne as his own. 

 

But he was destroyed by the King with the help of the rest of the Keybladers, including myself and my companions.

I never believed I was in line for the throne until I was summoned by the King himself who had been bedridden to his deathbed, his mortal body succumbing to the wounds he had gained during the great battle that had been hastily won. 

 

His last words to me were:

I’ve watched you and your companions ever since you obtained the Keyblade Aria. 

And I’ve never seen a spirit much like yourself, 

one that has a brave and roaring heart that is waiting for adventure, 

yet as gentle, beautiful and kind as the young lady you are. 

Aria, I pronounce you as my successor, the next heir to my throne. 

The Queen who will reign in my legacy ….”

 

And with his final breath and a smile, his soul left the worlds behind and into the arms of the heavens above. A grand funeral was held for one of the greatest Kings who was laid to rest beside his once beautiful and beloved Queen. 

 

Now, here I am preparing for my coronation, sounds like a mouthful for one girl right?

 

I continue to walk down the corridors, finally entering the throne room, where three figures standing amidst the room turning out to be Sora, Kairi and Riku. I smiled widely before scurrying over to them quickly, at the sound of my echoing footsteps they turned to me and bowed deeply, as they spoke together, ‘Your Highness.’

 

I quickly pulled them to their feet immediately, ‘Please my dear brother and friends! How many times have I asked you to call me by the name you’ve always called me by! Anyway what brings you all the way back from the Hollow of Remembrance?’

‘We have urgent news from the council, that they will be arriving with an urgent matter to discuss about…’

 

I sat bolt upright in my throne at the news, my eyes bulging, ‘What?! I thought they said that they won’t be coming until next week!’

‘Unfortunately they’ve pushed it to today, but I’m unsure of what news they are bringing .,..’ Riku said as he took his place beside me with the other two, I just sighed heavily. ‘Your Majesty?’

 

I looked up to find Bryn, the royal pronouncer before me, ‘The council have arrived.’

‘Thank you Bryn, you may let them enter,’ He bowed quickly and walked towards the large doors before they opened to reveal the twelve council members. 

 

They all bowed before the head of council, Suho, spoke, ‘Your Majesty, we apologise for this unexpected visit.’

‘I accept your apology Suho, but with that aside, what is it that you would like to stress to me that is so urgent?’

 

‘Well your Highness, many other Kingdoms have been speaking about this and we felt that you should know. The past King and Queens that have ruled have actually been married before being coronated as their rightful name of King or Queen with their beloved beside them supporting them. Do you have someone like this in your life at the moment your Majesty?’

 

I looked away before muttering, ‘No I have not.’

‘I’m sorry to hear that your Majesty. But we must assure you that with a husband by your side, that you will have many followers and lots of support as a Queen.’

 

I nodded listening to the words Jonghyun spoke of, ‘But who shall I wed in this kind of situation? There is on one that I have ever been in love with …’

‘May I speak your Highness?’

 

I turned my attention away from the rest of the council members to see a young man at the end of the eleven others. He was tall and slim with thick black hair and squinty eyes that seemed to be filled with nervousness from the attention I was giving him. 

 

I smiled, ‘Of course you may speak, what is your name sir?’

‘My name is Woohyun, your Highness. If I may ask, if your highness would be agreeable to an arranged marriage of some sort perhaps? In the realm of Earth there is Prince that is seeking to wed. If you would like I could perhaps organise a meeting between the both of you?’

 

‘What is this Prince’s name Woohyun?’

‘His name is Prince Hoya, your Highness.’ I nodded before waving a hand to the rest of the council, ‘That will be all gentlemen, a table has been set for you to have a meal before each of you return to your realms.’

 

They bowed with their thanks before turning and exiting the throne room, their voices becoming almost silent behind the great doors. I looked towards Woohyun who smiled nervously at me, ‘So Woohyun, what is your Prince Hoya like?

 

‘Well he is bery kind, honest, family orientated. But to be honest your Highness, I’ve only been at the castle for about a month and a half and only just recently joined the council. I haven’t been able to get to know him well-’

‘I understand. If you could please make arrangements for me to meet your Prince, I’m holding a ball in about two weeks time so we can meet there. I would like to see and meet him in person before I agree to this arranged marriage.’

 

‘Of course your Highness. I’ll get to it immediately.’

 

‘Thank you Woohyun. You may go.’ He bowed deeply before leaving the room, the doors yet again shutting with the slightest sound, silence filling my ears as I sat there frozen.

‘Are you okay Aria?’ I looked up to see my brother and two friends, I smiled brightly before speaking again, ‘I’m fine.’

 

‘Aren’t you not happy to have the final option as an arranged marriage?’ Kairi asked as she and the boys hurriedly followed me out of the throne room and out to the corridors where a valley of people began to bow towards me as I passed, ‘No I’m not.’

 

I said quickly as we made our way to the rooftops of the castle revealing the beautiful gardens and just the past the castle wall was the village and mountains.

 

‘But why? I mean you might be marrying someone that you probably will only know for a few weeks and if your lucky, maybe even a month or two,’ Sora said as he tried to get my attention as I looked over my Kingdom. 

 

‘Now that I’m going to be Queen I can’t just think about myself anymore, I need to think about you and the people now. If my being a Queen on my own puts my Kingdom and the rest of the realms in danger, I have to do whats best. Even marrying someone who I’ll only know for a few weeks. I want the best for my Kingdom, and I must put my needs aside to protect it.’

 

‘The Kingdoms are going to start to get very worried.’ I looked away from the scenery to look back at Riku who now was looking at the scenery, ‘What do you mean?’

 

He turned to me with a large smirk, ‘The way you're talking makes you look like you’ve been in the royal business for years. You’ll be a great Queen, Aria, and the Kingdoms will definitely follow you, with or without a husband by your side.’

 

I smiled before turning back to the scenery, thinking that this marriage might just work out after all

 

_

 

 

Prince Hoya paced the Throne room, having been called several times by his Mother, the Queen and Council member Woohyun, having said it was urgent business.

 

Finally, he heard footsteps tap against the marble tiles, he turned to see his Mother, Queen Lynn enter. ‘What is it Mother? What has happened?’ His Mother smiled gently before taking his hands gently in her own, ‘My dear son, I think Woohyun has found you a to wed my dear!’

 

Hoya sighed, smiling gently down at his Mother. He wanted to marry, really he did. He just never found the right woman or girl. ‘Oh really Mother?’

‘Yes, Woohyun said that she has agreed to meet in a couple of weeks at a ball she is holding in her realm. Please consider to meet this fine young lady.’

 

Hoya raised his eyebrow with a smirk, ‘May I ask who this woman is? You seem very happy and your not usually with the women I meet with …’

 

She nodded before handing him a thin, cream envelop, ‘You’ll see.’

 

The Queen smiled before leaving him without another word. He turned his attention back to the envelope which he slid open gently, pulling out the picture of the young lady who might be his wife. 

His eyes widened slowly as he took in the beauty and kind looking face of this girl, her hair falling over her shoulders as a headpiece placed gently on her forehead. He looked to the back of the picture which read, ‘Aria, Queen to-be, 20 years of age.’               

 

Hoya smiled gently, holding the picture close to him. He actually thought that he actually had found his wife.