Chapter 7

The Lies I Told You

The song was pulled together much easier after Namjoon was finally able to confess. When they got home, Seokjin announced their relationship, conveniently leaving out the truth behind it. This was something that they intended to hide. No one questioned them about what else had happened that night. However, Hoseok and Taehyung were a little mad at him for stealing their thunder and revealed that they were dating to the remaining members too. Jimin and Jungkook took it surprisingly well; both were very accepting of the relationships. Yoongi felt a bit confused. He had been living with Namjoon and Seokjin for a long time now and he never realized that they liked each other like that. It didn’t matter to him though; their ual orientation meant nothing to him.

Things in the dorm went along normally after that, aside from the rise in skinship and that one time Jimin walked in on Hoseok and Taehyung making out on Taehyung’s bed, which had been slightly traumatizing for him. Yoongi scolded them for it; the next time someone had to see that, Yoongi said he would dump ice on them.

Today was scheduled as dance practice again. They walked to the building early in the morning and planned on staying until late in the evening.

“Dancing time,” Jimin jumped in the air and ran into position. He was followed by a few groans and some excited cheering from the other members.

They had been practicing everyday this week for hours on end but everyone except Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin was still full of excitement. Yoongi in particular hated going to practice each day. It seemed that he had been messing up a lot lately. His legs and arms were covered in small bruises from falling so often. He was getting frustrated with himself and every time he stepped into the practice room, an overwhelming feeling of rage struck him.

The music began and they started their routine. It continued on for two hours before another incident. Yoongi fell forward, only managing to move his arm in front of him before hitting the ground. His eye bashed into his knuckles as his elbow crashed onto the floor.

“Yoongi hyung” Jimin stopped what he was doing and ran to his side. Namjoon turned the music off. Everyone turned to stare at Yoongi. He groaned and drew in a sharp breath. Jimin lifted him up to look at him, “are you alright?”

“I’m fine. It just really hurt,” he shut his eyes tightly.

Seokjin kneeled down next to him and examined his arm. His elbow was turning red but aside from that, he wasn’t bleeding or anything too serious. Seokjin sighed, “Well you’re probably going to have a bruise but that’s all. Open your eyes.”

Yoongi did as he was told. His right eye was fine but there a bit of blood forming in the corner of his left eye. Seokjin and Jimin’s eyes widened. Yoongi looked in the mirror.

“You need to go to the hospital,” Seokjin frowned.

“No, I’m fine. It’s fine. I just fell. It’ll be fine.”

“Hyung, please,” Jimin begged.

“No. I said no. I don’t want to. I just want to keep practicing,” the frustration over the past few days had gotten to him. The only thing he wanted to do was get through the rest of the day without making another mistake.

“You could have popped a blood vessel Yoongi,” Seokjin scolded, “you should go. At least make sure the bleeding will let up and you’ll heal alright.”

“Shut up. Namjoon, start the music again.”

“No. He’s right,” Namjoon glared.

“Hyung,” Jimin begged him to listen. His eyes began to water.

“No, I’m fine Jimin,” Yoongi stood up and instantly fell back down. Jimin caught him in his arms.

“Hyung are you alright?” Jimin shook him slightly but he didn’t move, “hyung, get up.”

“What’s wrong with him?” Hoseok asked.

Seokjin looked at Yoongi. He shook his head, “he fainted. Namjoon, go call the manager, we’re taking him to hospital now.”

“Please wake up, Yoongi hyung,” Jimin begged. He shook him lightly.

“Jimin, don’t move him too much,” Seokjin spoke softly. He seemed calm but he was scared out of him mind.

Taehyung stood with his eyes wide; Hoseok came to his side and took his hand. Namjoon was on the phone, his voice shaking a little as he tried to calmly tell the manager what had happened. To anyone who knew him well enough, it was obvious how frantic Namjoon was. Jimin bit his lip. He tried not to move at all. Jungkook rushed to his side and rubbed his arm. Everyone turned to Namjoon when they heard him say “goodbye” on the phone.

“He’s on his way,” Namjoon sighed and walked over to Yoongi. He bent down and put an arm around Seokjin to try to comfort him, “he’ll be fine. It’s Yoongi; he’s strong.”

“He’s right,” Jungkook nodded and looked at Jimin, “he’ll be okay. We’ll get him to the hospital and he’ll get treated. It’s going to be alright.”

“He said he was fine,” Jimin whispered.

The next few minutes were spent in quiet agony. The silence was broken by the sound of Namjoon’s phone going off. A quick “he’s here” caused everyone to stop breathing for a second. Jimin carefully took Yoongi in his arms and carried him to the car. The others followed. He laid Yoongi flat in the back seat, got into the car, and, gently lifting Yoongi, sat down in the back with him. Jimin laid Yoongi’s head down on his lap and his hair softly, “it’ll be okay. I’m right here with you. We’ll get you to the hospital and everything will be fine. I promise.”

“I’ll go with you,” Jungkook stepped forward.

“No, Jungkook,” Seokjin put a hand on Jungkook to stop him. He stepped back and looked at Jimin hopelessly. Seokjin turned to Namjoon, “you should go with him.”

Namjoon took Seokjin’s hand and shook his head, “no. You should go instead. You’ll be better at calming Jimin down right now. He needs you, not me. I’ll stay here and handle everyone else. I’ll bring them to the hospital when we have better news. Get going.”

“Alright,” Seokjin got in the passenger seat and looked into Namjoon’s eyes as he shut the door.

The car sped off towards the hospital. Seokjin called them and explained their situation as best as he could. The woman on the other end of the line scolded him for not calling a professional when Yoongi fainted. When they arrived, a group of nurses got Yoongi on a stretcher and took him in to be examined. Jimin rushed after them. Seokjin got out of the car and glanced at the manager; he looked back at him sympathetically.

“Take care of him. I’ll meet you inside,” Seokjin nodded. The manager left.

Inside, Jimin was begging the receptionist to let him in to see Min Yoongi. She told him to wait; he would only get in the way right now. Jimin continued to beg, his voice breaking. She insisted that there was nothing that he could do. He needed to be placed in a room and they needed to perform a few quick procedures before anything else could be done. If Jimin would give her his name, she would call him up as soon as a doctor was ready for him but he still insisted that he had to see him now. Seokjin saw this, ran to him, and pulled him aside.

“Jimin, you need to calm down. There is absolutely nothing you can do for Yoongi right now except for waiting out here. He needs you to stay out of the doctor’s way, can you do that?” Seokjin placed his hands on Jimin’s shoulders.

“But Seokjin,” Jimin stared at him with pain in his eyes.

“I know you want to help him but the only way to do that is to let the doctors do what they can. They will call us in as soon as he’s doing better. Yoongi really needs us to be patient right now. Can you do this for him?” Seokjin spoke calmly. Jimin looked like he wanted to protest, “Can you do this one thing for Yoongi, Jimin?”

“Yes hyung,” Jimin looked down in defeat.

“I know you feel powerless right now,” Seokjin pulled Jimin into a hug, “I do too. But we have to stay calm. Causing a scene won’t do anything. He’s going to be alright.”

“I know.”

Seokjin walked Jimin back to the counter and gave the receptionist his name. They were forced to sit down and wait. As painful as the wait was, Jimin was relieved that Yoongi was getting treatment. He couldn’t stop replaying the image of Yoongi telling him that he was fine in his mind. It wouldn’t stop. Jimin knew how stubborn Yoongi could be and no matter what was wrong, Yoongi would get through it. Even still, knowing what the problem was would save him a lot of grief. He sat there with his elbows digging into his knees and his face hidden behind trembling hands. Seokjin was on his phone replying to texts from Namjoon. He was curious if they had any information and was disappointed to realize that they still had nothing. This was killing everyone, leaving them all feeling helpless. Namjoon told Seokjin to be strong, to which he replied: “you too”. He was wondering how the others were doing. They had gone home; it was impossible to keep practicing after this. Jungkook was sitting down on the couch trying not cry. Taehyung and Hoseok were sitting at the kitchen table, quietly trying to comfort each other.

“I’m sorry it took a while to find parking,” the manager sat down next to Seokjin. He looked at Jimin with a worried look.

“It’s fine. Nothing has happened yet. We’re still waiting,” Seokjin set his phone down and rubbed Jimin’s back, “it’s going to fine.”

The manager sat back up to get the paperwork. He couldn’t believe what happened. Yoongi was a pain in the but he cared about him too.

They sat there solemnly for a while. No one knew what to say; nothing they said would change anything. The hospital was quiet aside from a few doctors and nurses walking around and a few visitors. The waiting room was almost empty but every person there either looked sick to their stomach or had the same grave expressions. It was like a stamp had been used to create the look on their pitiful faces – pain. Some people were trying to be strong and hold it back but others fell apart, tears streaming down their cheeks shamelessly.

“Kim Seokjin,” the receptionist called. Almost immediately, Jimin jumped to his feet and ran to the counter, followed closely by Seokjin and the manager.

“Can we go to see him?”

“Yes. He’s on floor F in room 93,” Jimin took off for the elevator. Seokjin and their manager thanked her with a small smile and followed Jimin to the elevator.

Jimin was anxious as he pressed the fourth button from the top and waited for the elevator to take him up. When the doors opened, he ran out to try to find the room. Seokjin grabbed his wrist tightly. Jimin turned around with a hurt and confused expression, “where are you going? You don’t even know where the room is at. Just hold on for one second.”

Seokjin stepped out of the elevator calmly and looked at the map on the wall. He scanned it for Yoongi’s room number. He turned to the right and started walking quickly down the hall; Jimin and the manager followed him. Jimin looked at each door that they passed by, anticipation rising in his bones as they got closer to room 93. Seokjin stopped, “here.”

Jimin grabbed the door knob and went in. The doctor was standing over Yoongi with a clipboard. She turned to face them and asked them to follow her to her office. The manager nodded and they left. Seokjin put a hand on Jimin’s back, lightly pushing him out of the room. Jimin’s heart sunk; why did he have to leave Yoongi? They just saw him. He turned his head to steal one last glance at him. His light skin looked even paler and he was hooked up to an IV. Seokjin closed the door behind them and continued to guide Jimin to the office.

“First, I’d like to know what happened,” the doctor spoke calmly. Seokjin explained how they were dancing and Yoongi fell and hit his eye and that, after insisting he was fine, when he stood up, he fainted. The doctor nodded. She found it strange that when he fell, he hurt his eye. Seokjin told her exactly how Yoongi fell, which she found even weirder. Usually a person’s first instinct is to place their hands on the floor. However, considering how tired someone like Yoongi must have been, she dismissed it. The doctor cleared , “I see. Well it appears that he ruptured a vessel. It’s nothing to worry about but since he collapsed we took a few scans and are running some tests just in case.”

“So he’s alright?” Jimin asked with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

“As far as I know,” the doctor nodded, “all his vital signs are fine and his blood level never dropped very low. There is something that troubles me though. A rupture like that shouldn’t have caused him much pain and he didn’t loose much blood. My team and I couldn’t find a logical reason for him collapsing like that. Has he been working a lot and been under considerable amount of stress at work?”

“He hasn’t been doing much more work than usual but he’s been tripping and falling a lot. I think that’s been causing him a bit more stress than usual. Could that be it?” Seokjin responded.

“Perhaps,” she nodded, “well, he should be alright. You can go in to see him if you’d like but don’t crowd him. He should be waking up soon. When he does, give him a few to come to and explain everything to him then. Patients can sometimes have a hazy memory when they first wake up.”

Relieved, Jimin smiled and rushed back into the room. Seokjin couldn’t resist smiling too when he saw Jimin’s face brighten up. The manager informed him that he was leaving; he said would pick up the others when Yoongi was up and asked Seokjin to call him when that happened. Seokjin nodded and walked back to the room slowly. Jimin had left the door wide open.

“Damn it Min Yoongi, you scared the out of me. You can’t even take care of yourself, can you? I promise to take better care of you from now on, so please, don’t ever do this again. I don’t care if you’re just a tough, stubborn, cold, independent, little head. I am staying by your side. I must be insane to love you but I can’t help it,” Seokjin heard Jimin and peeked into the room. Jimin had pulled up a chair and was holding Yoongi’s hand. Not wanting to make Jimin explain what he had just heard, Seokjin turned around and picked up his phone. He dialed Namjoon’s number.

“He’s going to be alright,” Seokjin said. He could hear Namjoon yell his exact words to the other three; he smiled.

“That’s a relief,” Namjoon smiled; Seokjin could hear the happiness in his voice.

“I’ll call the manager when he wakes up to get you guys. He’s not conscious right now but the doctor said to give it a while. You should have seen Jimin,” Seokjin paused for a second, “he’s fine. I was really scared and worried.”

“Everyone was,” Namjoon assured. “Don’t worry, everything is alright now. Call me when he wakes up too. I’m really happy I made you go though. I knew I could trust you. Try to relax. I love you.”

“Thanks. I love you too,” Seokjin bit his lip. He knew he didn’t mean it in the same way but he said it like he did. He felt ashamed, “bye.”

“Goodbye,” Namjoon hung up.

Seokjin walked into the room and sat down in one of the empty chairs. He told Jimin that he called the others. Jimin didn’t turn his head even slightly. There was a long and unsettling quietness in the air; it wasn’t awkward – they were both waiting for the same thing but it didn’t appear to be happening any time soon. Seokjin wasn’t sure where to look anymore. His eyes had been bouncing between Jimin, Yoongi’s eerily still body, and the large window on the opposite wall. The silence was one thing but Jimin was as lifeless as Yoongi and that was troubling; Seokjin had never seen him so still.

“He scared you, didn’t he? I didn’t know someone could get hurt like that,” Seokjin spoke, still facing the window. He wasn’t sure who or what he was speaking to; it felt like he was talking to the room more than to Jimin at this point. He turned to the statue of a person that he was trying to have a poorly thought out conversation with.

“I’m still scared for some reason. It feels like if I let go of his hand that he won’t wake up at all,” Jimin turned to Seokjin for the first time in an hour, “it’s a stupid thought but I can’t help it. He hates when we wake him up but I would face his wrath every day of my life if I could just wake him up right now. I know he’s okay but that isn’t very reassuring. I just want him to wake up.”

Seokjin averted his gaze and smiled at Jimin, “it looks like you may get what you want.”

Jimin quickly turned back to Yoongi who winced and turned his head away from the window before opening his eyes only to find two pairs of eyes staring at him – one pair filled with surprise and delight, the other with relief and slight concern. Yoongi examined them both before everything hit him all at once. He knew where he was, what had happened, and a pretty good idea of how he got there. He sighed and felt the warmth over his hand tighten.

Seokjin stood up and began to dial the manager’s number as he left the room. Jimin had to fight back the urge to jump out of that chair and hug Yoongi. Another sigh left the elder’s lips, “I really messed up. I’m sorry.”

“You’re okay. I’m really happy that you’re alright.”

The words stopped and the only thing they could hear was Seokjin’s call to the manager come to an end and immediately he was on the phone with Namjoon. The words echoed down the hall but almost as soon as it had begun, it was over and Seokjin was back in the room.

It didn’t take long for that quiet hospital room to be filled with sound and life. Everyone was busy scolding Yoongi and telling him how happy they were that he was alright. Taehyung hugged him and told him how glad he was that he didn’t die; he would have had to resurrect him if that happened. They transitioned into talking about trivial and pointless things; it hopped around from one random thing to the next – anything to keep that room lively.

Jimin was the exception; he sat in the corner, staring outside at the bright green leaves on the trees that lined the street below. He didn’t really know what to say when Yoongi could respond to him so he didn’t bother. The longer he stared out that window, the farther he felt from this room. Jungkook noticed his unordinary silence and walked over to him. His presence went unnoticed until he set a firm hand on Jimin’s shoulder. That touch pulled him back. Jimin closed his eyes, attempting to block out everything – this hospital, Yoongi’s injury, his own words – but Jungkook’s hand remained, reminding him that he couldn’t escape reality, not even for a minute. Somehow, in his head, Yoongi was far worse than he knew he was.

“He’s safe now; you know that, don’t you? He’s okay;” the youngest paused for a second, “are you?”

“I think I’m okay now too. Thanks”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m happy that you’re alright.” Jungkook smiled. Warm sunlight was nothing compared to his smile and everyone knew that. It was reassuring and soft and no matter what, when he smiled like this, everything seemed like it would be fine.

 

~A/N: Happy belated V-day~ I hope you guys had a nice day with your computer/self/loved one, whatever makes you happy. I wanted to write a special fic just for that day but I didn't have time ㅠㅠ. I'll make it up to you lovely people on White Day though. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for your support <3