I'm Yours

Tangled Redstrings of Fate

"You know, let go if you want to let go. You might regret if you won’t start to sort your feeling now. Let yourself be happy. Stay where your heart's truly happy. Don't waste this chance, other people don't have any choice at all.” Like me, there's nothing I can do. “

“Time won’t stop for you Baekhyun, and when time passes I’m afraid that no one can go rewind. ‘You’ll never go until you let go’"

 

I stared at Mr. Kim. He kept on swinging his glass in circular motion frowning, looking at nothing.

His words left me agape. I’ve never thought that behind his easy-go-lucky behavior he have this side of him. But… Should I follow his words? I know, if I followed his words I’ll also follow my heart.

“Mr. Park… Park Chanyeol, I spend moths tangled up in knots and in five minutes you straighten me out. “ I said to myself.

I continued to drink all night. Drown all the feelings I want to fade, and ignite the feelings I want to grow.

 

 

I walked through the counter holding the rag to clean the marks of the precipitated glass from the costumers. I’m about to finish but someone is sleeping in the counter. His head lying on his folded arms. Mouth agape, puffing warm air, mumbling something from time to time.

I leaned on his face to hear what he’s saying, or perhaps… to know who is he calling?

“Chan… Cha-chanyeol…”

Is he crying? Oh my, he’s crying in his sleep. Poor boy. Why does everyone’s love affairs be that complicated, and why do I have to witness all of them moping for their love ones that they can’t have? It feels like I’m watching a melodrama live. It’s cool, yeah… but it somehow feels like I’m carrying a burden.

The bar is now closing, I need Baekhyun to go home. I grabbed his cellphone lying beside his head..

“Hello?”

“It’s Minseok. Baekhyun’s at my bar, and it’s closing, hope you fetch him and send him to his house, because as I can see, he can’t even lift a finger. He’s dead sleep… Yeah, yeah… Thanks Chanyeol.

I dialed the number of the person I think he needs. I hope I did the right thing.

“I really want to help you all so I just followed my guts.” I told him as he continued to sleep.

 

I’m in my office in my penthouse reading some papers. My head is somehow heavy because of too much drinking last night. And I catch a cold, I don’t know why. Is it because of the cold weather? Or is it because of fatigue?

I’m into reading when my ringtone goes off.

“Baekhyun” says the caller ID.

 

Why is he calling this time? It’s late at night.

“Hello?”

“Hello.” This is not Baekhyun’s voice, I’m certain of that.

“Who’s this?” I frowned. I’m now worried for Baekhyun. It’s in the middle of late night and some guy has his phone.

“It’s Minseok. Baekhyun’s at my bar, and it’s closing, hope you fetch him and send him to his house, because as I can see, he can’t even lift a finger. He’s dead sleep.”

“Oh…” I was blank when I heard what Minseok said.

“Okay okay, I’ll be there in a minute, wait for me.”

“Yeah, yeah… Thanks Chanyeol.”

I picked up my coat and my wallet, I even pushed the cup of writing materials in the process, pencils and pens scattered on my working table and on the floor. I didn’t even bother to fix them, I should get Baekhyun first.

I dashed through my garage and drove to Minseok’s bar. I ran inside and looked for Baekhyun. I saw him slumped on the bar counter. As I approach him, I nearly tripped because of too much worrying.

“Oh you’re here..” Said Minseok.

“How long has he been like this?” I inquired as I check is face and body for any injuries or something.

“Less than an hour.”

I carried him bridal style so we can arrive at my car faster, and it’s more comfortable for me.

I’m near the door when I turned my head to Minseok’s direction.

“Thanks.”

He smiled, and gave a nod.

I can’t bring him in my penthouse because the maid might see him and she’ll tell to my sister. I know Angela noona will bug me forever if she knows Baekhyun went into my house dead sleep. So I decided to go to his apartment. When we arrived he’s still asleep, so I searched his keys on his bag and unlocked the door. I went back to my car to get him. I carried him and placed him on his bed. I removed his coat with his socks and tucked him in his blanket. I stared at him, he looks so peaceful like this, like an angel, so fragile. In his state, I want to hug him, afraid someone might hurt him while he’s asleep. Snuggle him give him warmth. He’ll look so small in my arms. I brushed his hair away from his eyes, and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

“Sleep tight, my love.”

 

I left him on his room and went to his kitchen to find some aspirin and water for tomorrow morning. I placed the medicine and a glass of water on his bedside table so he’ll be able to reach it without walking.

I decided to stay the night on his place so I can take care of him until tomorrow morning, and cook some hangover soup. I lied down on his long couch and used my coat as a blanket. Now the pain in my head is back, and I can feel my cold is getting worse. So I decided to sleep it off.

 

 

I woke up and stirred on my duvet. I peek through my lashes and looked at my clock. It displays 5:18AM. It’s really good to be invulnerable from hangovers. As I look back at my nightstand where my clock is placed, I saw an aspirin and a glass of water. Then it now perked me up how did I get home and who put the medicine and water on my nightstand. I looked at my body and let out a sigh as I see I’m still on my clothes.

I rushed outside my bedroom to search for some things that may pinpoint who brought me back to my house. And I think my question was answered when I saw that familiar face. He’s lying on my couch coat as a blanket.

I walked to him slowly and leaned on his face. He’s frowning, and… sweating? The weather is cold and he’s sweating? I touched his skin and he’s burning. I panicked. He’s having a fever.

I went to my room and get some blanket and a pillow. Because of his big built I can’t carry him in my room so I just made a makeshift of bed on my couch. I removed his coat, set the pillow on his head, and put him some blanket. I ran back to my room and change into comfortable clothes so I can move faster.

I grab the basin and filled it with water. While filling it with water, I get some fresh towels so I can give him a sponge bath.

Now that I’m in front of him, I realized that, to be able to give him a sponge bath I need to remove his shirt.

“I don’t have a choice. Oh my gosh…” I lift up his shirt and gave him a sponge bath. His well sculpted body is tempting me.

“Baekhyun stop! I’m getting crazy.” I immediately finished giving him sponge bath and fixed his shirt again, and brought the basin back to the bathroom.

I went back to Chanyeol to check his temperature, and fortunately it goes down a little. I sat on the floor beside the couch, staring at him. He’s so hardworking, pushing himself even if he’s not feeling well. I feel sad that he’s like this, so weak.

“Why are you pushing yourself too much? If you’re tired then have a rest.”

“ Are you sleeping deeply? Should I sing you a song?”

You touch these tired eyes of mine

And map my face out line by line

And somehow growing old feels fine

I listen close for I'm not smart

You wrap your thoughts in works of art

And they're hanging on the walls of my heart

 

I brushed his hair and traced his face. His forehead, his eyebrows, his eyes, his nose…

 

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours

 

…his cheeks, his jaw, and finally his lips.

 

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours

 

I can feel my eyes stinging, and a tear fell.  I claimed his lips.

I remembered Mr. Kim’s words… “Time won’t stop for you Baekhyun, and when time passes I’m afraid that no one can go rewind. ‘You’ll never go until you let go’"

 

I stood up and walked back to my room to clean my face and to get ready to cook for breakfast.

 

 


 

Song used in this chapter is I'm Yours by The Script

Chapter made by yours truly

Thankyou for all the subs and comments. :))) I love yah! Baekyun's trying to sort his feelings now. Owemji!!!!