The Neighbors of Apartment Complexity (Intro)

Tell Me Something of Love

     Minseok laid on his couch wearing his Doraemon boxers and a tanktop, while eating potato chips and watching Boys Over Flowers from his Netflix. He was the new tenant in his apartment complex and he didn't expect anything interesting to happen considering he paid his rent in advance and he doesn't start work until next month. "Gun Jun Pyo needs to back off" he mumbled, crumpling up the chips bag and throwing it towards the trashcan. It bounced off the edge and landed next to the coffee table. He groaned and peeled himself off the couch, picking up the trash and throwing it away. There was a knock at his door and he groaned again.

     Minseok yawned and staggered towards the front door, ruffling his bed bed hair. He was usually active and worked out daily but lately there hasn't been any motivation. No one to impress and so much cheap junk food. He unlocked his door and opened it, yawning again and rubbing his eyes. "Hiya neighbor! I'm Kim Jongdae from next door!" the man smiled brightly. Minseok snapped awake and smiled nervously. He bowed and scratched the back of his head. "Oh, Hi! I'm Kim Minseok, I just moved in..." he laughed dryly.

     "Jongdae! You , I thought we were all gonna go together!" a taller male ran up to them and slapped the smaller man in the back of the head. Minseok bowed at the newcomer and looked over frantically to Jongdae. He just gritted his teeth and glared towards the other. "Hi! My name is Huang Zitao!" the taller man smiled. Minseok did a sigh of relief and introduced himself. "I'm from the apartment above of yours! And this is Wu Yifan from below!" Zitao grinned and pointed to an even taller man with blonde hair who Minseok didn't even notice until just now.

     "H-Hello... I'm Minseok" he stuttered, nervously looking up at Yifan. The said man smiled sweetly and held his hand out. Minseok swore it was the sweetest smile he has ever seen. He shook his hand and bowed. "Would you guys like to come in?" Minseok stepped aside and they all walked inside of the small apartment.

     "Oh! Are you watching Boys Over Flowers? Can we watch too?" Zitao asked already sitting on the couch. "Not his again, Tao! You've watched it at least 4 times already!" Jongdae rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "I did not!" he protested, frowning. "It's only been 2 times." Yifan put up two fingers to show Jongdae but the other could care less.

     "You guys can watch" Minseok came out of the kitchen carrying four iced teas. Yifan walked over and grabbed two drinks to Minseok's relief. "So Minnie, what do you do for work?" Jongdae asked. Minseok looked up in surprise at the sudden nickname but was glad that he asked. "I'm an artist! I paint pictures and portraits on client demands" he anwsered.

     "How much was the apartment?" Zitao wondered, staring at the screen and sipping his tea. "Well actually the landlord asked me to paint him a picture for the apartment." he smiled while everyone looked at him. "That's so difficult! I only had to make him laugh" Jongdae sighed, crunching on his ice.

     "He told me to watch a horror movie with him!"

     "I had to go on a date with him."

     Minseok's eyebrow twitched and he looked at all of them. What a strange landlord... he thought. "So Minseok, why are you still in your pjs? It's 4 in the afternoon." Jongdae giggled, eyeing at the baozi's boxers. Minseok blushed and frowned. "I'll go change" he sighed, running to his bedroom.

     He knelt infront of his dresser and started looking for his slip on shorts. "I should've organized better... Where are my damn shorts?" he muttered looking into a different drawer.

     "They're in the very bottom drawer to the right"

     "Thanks" he looked into the drawer and pulled them out. "Ah, finally!" Minseok smiled, quickly putting them on and running out to the living room. He stopped when he reached the coffee table. "What's wrong?" Zitao asked, looking over to the owner of the apartment. "Uh. Where any of you in my room just now?" he asked expressionless. "No" Yifan replied, swishing his drink in the cup. "Why?" Jongdae asked.

     Minseok slowly walked back to his room and peered in. No one was in view so he opened the door and crept in. He looked in his closet, behind the curtain, and then he crawled under his bed. He didn't find anyone, so he breathed a sigh of relief and thought it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

     "Wow, aren't you rude. Not even greeting me"

     Minseok slowly raised his head from the bottom of the bed and saw a blonde male lounging on his bed, staring at him.

     "Hello~" the man smiled.

*

     "Wah, that Minseok is nice for letting us barge into his home like this, isn't he?" Zitao nudged Yifan who nodded. "It's like he's already a part of our group" Jongdae winked at Zitao who threw a pillow at him. Suddenly, they all flinched at a high pitched scream coming from Minseok's room.

     Minseok ran out, tripping over the coffee table and landing on his face. He turned around and started scooting away on his , pointing to his room. The three ran over to him. "What's wrong, Minseok?" Zitao asked, looking for injuries on his friend's body. "I-I-INTRUDER!" He screeched. "THERE'S SOMEONE IN MY ROOM!" Zitao screamed and hid behind Yifan. "He's going to kill us!" the panda yelled, squeezing the tall blonde's arm. "Tao, that hurts..."

     "An intruder, huh?" Jongdae wondered, walking towards the bedroom. "Jongdae, don't!" Zitao whispered, motioning him to come back. Minseok's hands were trembling and he was deeply afraid that they were all going to be murdered. Jongdae walked into the room and around the corner so you couldn't see him. A few seconds went by and not a sound was heard.

     "Jongdae...?" Zitao called out, hoping his friend wasn't dead. Jongdae screamed causing Tao, Yifan, and Minseok to too. The troll waltzed out, his screaming turning into laughter. The three silenced and stared at him with large eyes. Jongdae held his stomache, still laughing, and fell to the floor.

     "OH MAN, I REALLY GOT YOU!" he screeched with laughter, hitting the floor and pointing to them. Yifan stood up and went over to him, picking him up by his legs so he was upside down. "So there isn't anyone...?" Minseok asked, standing up. "Nope." he smiled. Zitao stood up and grabbed a pillow. "I'm going to muffle your trolling " he threatened, making Jongdae quiet and fear for his life. "Before you kill me, let me have my final words!" he pleaded, cupping his hands together.

     "Fine."

     "It was totally worth it!" he snickered, crossing his arms. Yifan dropped him to the ground causing him to roll in pain from the hardwood floor.

*

     After finishing a few more episodes of their drama, everyone left leaving Minseok to take off his pants and lay on his couch again. "Well, today was eventful" he sighed, closing his eyes. The image of the guy on his bed was fresh in his mind. He looked really cocky and happy. He opened his eyes again to a small bang. A plastic cup fell to the ground. He sighed and got up. He closed the kitchen window and then put the cup back on the counter. Minseok walked back to the couch, yawning. He saw that another cup was in front of the couch, so he picked that up too.

     When he raised his head his eyes were met with another pair. "Hey, Mr. Rude!"

     Minseok fell back with wide eyes. "Y-You!" he stuttered, pointing at the blonde man on his couch. "Yeah, me. And don't point, pointing is rude." the man grinned, sitting up. Minseok put his hand down and reached for the phone on the coffee table. "Aye now, you aren't going to call the cops on me are you? They'll think you're crazy when they won't be able to find anything."

     "W-What do you mean" Minseok gulped, still not processing through his head that there was an unknown person in his home. "Considering i'm not of the mortal world, they'll probably lock you up in a mental asylum."

     "Mortal world? Are you a d-demon!" the baozi gasped, scooting back further.

     "Psh, oh yeah, you got me there! Welp, little 'ol me is gonna have to take your eyeballs and leave now!" he laughed, leaning back on the couch. Suddenly his face got serious and he stared at the scared other. "Demons don't exist, dumb !"

     Minseok flinched at the yelling. "T-Then I know what you are..." he whispered. The blonde looked at him and sat up. "Then what am I?" he asked, crossing his arms. "A VAMPIRE" Minseok screamed, throwing the cup at him. The cup passed through the man and hit the back sofa. He scoffed and looked at Minseok. "Are you really that dumb?" he asked, grabbing the cup and dropping it on the ground.

     Minseok shook his head and looked at the ground. "What are you?"

     "I'm a ghost! A ghost! Not a demon or vampire!" he puffed out his cheeks and glowered at the baozi. "But... Ghosts don't exist" he furrowed his eyebrows.

     "Eh? Then what does that make me, a floating potato?"

     "You're a figment of my imagination! I'm dreaming right now! I must've seen you on the street or something and now i'm dreaming!" Minseok was shaking his head, refusing to believe that something like a ghost was in his apartment. Because, according to Minseok, ghost don't exist. When people die, they go to heaven. Demons are from Hell. Vampires are undead people.

     The man stood up and walked over to Minseok. "So i'm a dream, huh?" he asked, squinting his eyes. "Yes!" Minseok nodded, not being able to back up any further. "Ok, fine, if you want to believe that." he sighed, crouching down next to Minseok.

     "Put your hand out" the man ordered. Minseok did as he was told, realizing that a dream couldn't hurt him. The blonde stranger but his hand out and and brought it up to Minseok's passing right through him and touching his face. "I'm Xiao Luhan. If you don't believe that i'm a ghost, that's your problem. But, if you want to get rid of me, then help me figure out how I died."

     "O-Okay..." he stuttered.

"Good" Luhan smiled.


This is the intro to my new Ghost!Luhan fic. I really wanted to write a Xiuhan, so here it is. (It was short cuz it was an introduction to the characters and plot I guess. Comment and whatnot and check out my Baekyeol fic, Unrequited Hours.)