150109 Jumping Jacks

Park Jinyoung's Journal
Please log in to read the full chapter

Date: January 9, 2015

Time: 11:30pm

Mood: Jumpin’ jumpin’

I went to Disney Sea Tokyo today. Ha! Take that, Mark Hyung and Yugyeommie! But of course, it’s not the Disneyland that they went to. It’s still awesome though!

Hello again, Journal, it’s been awhile. I went back to my hometown and I was busy for a few days and neglected you. I realized that I forgot to make a New Year’s Post and I think I should make one, just for the heck of it. It’s a few days late but that basically encapsulates me. As 1Q84’s Ushikawa puts it, “I have to do things my way, at my own pace.”

But don’t worry; I won’t post anything boring like New Year’s Resolutions or Bucket Lists. That’s so mainstream. I’ll be writing a Memory Lane entry to honour the years that have gone by, instead. Or maybe my love life, that would be more interesting.

Here goes my obligatory New Years Post.

————————————————-

2014 just passed by us like that.

It had been a tiring year for me. Got7 had numerous Korean comebacks, we had a Japanese single and tour, a lot of radio and TV appearances. On top of that, I was also enrolled in a university. It was a busy year but I like what happened this year. I like how the boys and I strengthened our bond as brothers. We all had our ups and downs, sometimes we fight, and had misunderstandings but at the end of the day, we know that we are in this together.

Everyone went home, yes, everyone – even AmeriThaiKong. I kind of miss the chaos that is called GOT dorm these days. Mark hyung went back to the States, taking Yugyeommie with him. Jackson made friend roll calls in Hong Kong (but I heard that he’s back in Korea now), and BamBam is probably still doing fan service even in his vacation in Thailand. I’m happy for Yugyeommie. The kid really wants to see Disneyland, and from what I saw in their tweets…. dammit, they ate lots and lots of meat!

While me, well, I arrived home a few days ago. Ah, I’ve missed home – the fresh sea smelling air, the beautiful landscape. It’s been awhile since I got to visit home and I missed everything. I was also looking forward to reunite with my good ol’ hobby, fishing!

Ahh, fishing! It’s one of my favourite hobbies. Fishing, for me, is like yoga to some people. It makes me relaxed, and it calms my soul.

I was fixing my fishing stuff when my sister suddenly barged through our house’s front door.  She pinched my cheeks and told me she missed me. Sometimes my sisters don’t get that I’m a man now. They still treat me as their little brother. But, their favorite brother.

She brought coffee from a café and asked me if I wanted Americano or Caramel Macchiato, and of course, I picked the latter. Caramel Macchiato! Ahhhh, come to papa!

I picked up the coffee and told her that I’d go fishing.
Ah, Caramel Macchiato. It would always bring back many memories. Let me tell you about the day Ms. Caramel Macchiato herself and I became friends – the time when we were but scrawny, ambitious and hopeful trainees.

“Caramel Macchiato for Suji”

I had been watching her. She’s about my age, a 94er, and was part of my trainee class. But I have never approached her on a friendly basis before. She seemed friendly but she also seemed withdrawn at the same time.

She sipped her Coffee. That same old drink again. I have come to associate Caramel Macchiato to her already. It’s her favorite. Never have I seen her order anything other than that.

“Hello Park Jinyoung!” Her sweet voice sounded like rare music my ears. She has never spoken to me in class. Sure, we say normal greetings to each other but we don’t really talk to each other.
It’s weird.
I’m nervous.
I think I’m sweating.

“Hi, Bae Suji.” I smiled at her.

“There are no seats left, I hope you don’t mind sharing seats with me.” She bit her lip. You could tell that she’s nervous – I almost wanted to laugh, I nodded instead and smiled at her.

“Sure, I’m on my break and it seemed like everyone just wants to practice. I’m tired though and I just want some rest. You can call me Jinyoung, by the way.” I was blabbering. I couldn’t help it. In front of me is Bae Suji, the prettiest trainee in our class. I knew 3 or 4 guys in our trainee class who likes her. I mean, seriously, what’s not to like?

“Oh, same! Jisoo wants to perfect that dance but I need coffee first.” She pouted. She looks so cute I wanna pinch her cheeks.  She settled in and made herself more comfortable.
“Why do you always order Caramel Macchiato?”
Oh god.

Did I just blurt that out?

Did I just make myself sound like a stalker that I am?

This is so embarrassing.

Please swallow me, Earth.

My face cannot be shown to this angel before me.
She stared at me, and then she slowly laughed.
‘I just like it a lot.”

Please log in to read the full chapter