JJ Project

JB mpreg series

“I want a divorce.” Jaebum says flatly when Jinyoung enters the kitchen. Jinyoung stares confused at his husband. He just came home, the clock is 11.57 p.m.
“Honey, shouldn’t you sleep?” he asks carefully, nervously glancing at the elder.
“I should. But I wanted to tell you that I want a divorce and I want you out of the house.” Jaebum stands up and raises his voice.
“But-”
“NOW. Jinyoung.” he says and Jinyoung can’t help but just stand still and stare. He and Jaebum had a perfect life. They had a big apartment, they loved each other and they had a baby boy on the way. Jaebum snorts and throws a bag at Jinyoung. Jinyoung catches it and the content of the bag is soft, it’s probably clothes.
“Jaebum-”
“Jinyoung!” Jaebum snaps and Jinyoung flinches.
“Get. Out.” he hisses and a sudden expression of pain passes his strong features. Jinyoung hurries up to Jaebum’s side when the taller places a hand on his swollen stomach and groans.
“DON’T TOUCH ME JINYOUNG!” he slaps Jinyoung’s hand away and backs away.
“What did I-”
“GET OUT OF HERE!” Jinyoung flinches and he can feel his heart drop. He has no idea on why Jaebum acts like this. Just a few days ago, they were cuddled up in the couch together.
“I’ll go then.” he says defeated and turns around. Jaebum doesn’t say anything, not even when Jinyoung looks over his shoulder at him.
“I love you Jaebum.” Jinyoung says before he heads out the door.

When Jinyoung is walking back to his office, he sends a text to his boss and tells her that he’s going to be at the office tonight, that she doesn’t need to worry when the alarm is shut off.
She just tells him to take care of himself.
On his way back, he buys chicken and brings it to his office.

 

Said office is quiet and dark. He doesn’t really fancy being alone, but he doesn’t have a choice at the moment. He can’t wrap his head around why Jaebum threw him out.
He sighs and takes up his phone.
He stares at Jaebum’s number for a good few minutes before sending a text.
/Are you ok?/
He gets the reply just one minute later.
/ off/

 

***

 

Jinyoung literally lives at the office for three days before his colleagues asks about it. Jackson, who he works together with for a project, is the first one to ask.
“Are everything alright Jinyoung?” he asks as they are sketching. That catches Jinyoung off guard and he just smiles awkwardly.
“Yeah.” he says and tries to assure him with a smile. But, Jackson is a bright man. Not easy to fool him.
“Did Jaebum throw you out?” he asks and he stares. How the hell did he know? Jackson just stares back at him and at last, he nods defeated.
“He did.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know…”
“Shouldn’t you ask about it?” he asks and Jinyoung shrugs.
“I came home, he told me he wanted a divorce and then he threw me out.” he says and his shoulders slumps a little. Jackson reaches out to softly pet him on his shoulder.

 

When everyone have gone home, Jinyoung tries to fall asleep on the couch in his office. The small desk light is on and glowing faintly.
Suddenly, the screen on his phone lightens up and his ringtone starts playing softly. Quickly he grabs his phone and stares at the caller.
/Wifey<3/
“Jaebum?” he breathes out. There are a sob on the other side of the line and Jinyoung can feel his stomach twist. Something is wrong.
“Jaebum?” he tries again.
“Jin-Jinyoung.” Jaebum answers after a moment and sniffles.
“What’s wrong, Jaebum?”
“I was stupid. I’m so sorry. I was stupid and jealous and I am so sorry Jinyoung. Just please-” Jaebum’s speech comes to an end and he hisses on the other side of the line.
“Jaebum, what’s going on?” Jinyoung stands up and starts pacing around the room.
“I’m scared Jinyoung. I am really scared.”
“For what?”
“I’m in labour Jinyoung.”
“WHAT?!” Jinyoung literally screams into the phone and he can hear Jaebum cry on the other side.
“Jaebum, stay at the apartment. I’m coming there and we’ll go to the hospital, okay?” he says and Jaebum agrees.

 

Jinyoung rushes out from his office, setting the alarm and locking with great speed. He then runs out on the street, still in his pajamas and hails a taxi. The taxi driver looks shocked when Jinyoung almost shouts the address to him.
“What’s the hurry?” the taxi driver asks as they are stuck in a red light and Jinyoung are impatiently tapping the window.
“My husband is in labour. So I am going to ask you to stay outside our apartment and then drive us to the hospital.” Jinyoung says and breathes out when the light turns green.
“Alright, I can do that.” the driver says and shoots Jinyoung a smile.
“What’s your name? So I know if you’re running away from paying.” he says and Jinyoung laughs dryly.
“I’m Park Jinyoung.” he says and the driver nods.
“Well, Mark Tuan at your service. Here we are, better hurry to get your husband.” The driver, Mark, says and stops right outside Jinyoung and Jaebum’s apartment.
“I’ll be right back!” Jinyoung slams the car door and runs upstairs.

 

When he opens the door, Jaebum is right there with tears in his eyes. Jinyoung quickly leads Jaebum out of the apartment and they lock the door behind them before they starts climbing down the stairs.
“I’m so sorry Jinyoung.” Jaebum sobs as Jinyoung helps him into the taxi. Mark looks back at them as Jinyoung sits down in the back of the taxi beside Jaebum.
“So, the hospital?” he asks and Jinyoung nods. Mark just smiles a little and starts driving towards the hospital.
“I’m so sorry Jinyoung, I was a jerk.” Jaebum whisper and then whimpers in pain.
“It’s okay, calm down. We’ll talk about this later?” he coos and Jaebum nods a little.
“Does it hurt?” he then asks and Mark snorts. Jaebum just stares at him through all tears.
“Of course it hurts! I’m having contractions Jinyoung!” Jaebum wails and Jinyoung panics.
“Calm down, calm down Jaebum. We’re at the hospital soon okay? I’m sorry!” he says and Jaebum sniffles.

 


At last they reaches the hospital. Jinyoung thanks Mark, throws the money at him and tells him to keep the tip.
Well inside the hospital, Jaebum’s water breaks and he’s taken to a room.
“It’s not quite time yet. We will come back in ten minutes and check again.” the midwife tells them and leaves the room. Jaebum is lying on the bed and Jinyoung sits beside him. They hold each other’s hand tightly and Jinyoung is rubbing his thumb over Jaebum’s knuckles.
“Now, do you want to talk meanwhile we wait?” Jinyoung asks and Jaebum exhales.
“I was jealous, I was overthinking and I was just simply stupid.” he says quietly and tears builds up in his eyes.
“Why were you jealous? You know I love you.” the younger lifts their hands to press a kiss on Jaebum’s hand.
“I know I just… You’ve been spending so much time at the office and all your colleagues are pretty, thin girls. I just- I thought that maybe you would, or already had cheated on me… I mean, I’m fat and I won't get much thinner after this...” Jaebum finally admits and Jinyoung sighs.
“I’m just working with them. Sure they are pretty, but they’re not my type. You’re my type. I love you and that’s why I married you. You, Jaebum, are the prettiest person in my eyes. You will forever be that.” he says and fresh tears starts falling down Jaebum’s cheeks.
“I’m so sorry Jinyoung. I’m sorry that I shouted at you. I love you.” he sobs and Jinyoung raises a hand to dry his tears.
“I love you too.” He smiles.

 

“Alright then, you seem to be ready to give birth.” the midwife says as she examines Jaebum for the second time. He’s quickly wheeled to the birthing room and suddenly, they’re just telling him to start pushing.
So he starts pushing.
He grips Jinyoung’s hand tightly and Jinyoung just encourage him to continue.
“You can do this Jaebum.” Jinyoung coos and stokes a stand of hair away from Jaebum’s forehead.
“It hurts so much Jinyoung.” he says and looks at his husband through teary eyes.
“You can do it. Do it for me and Youngjae.” Youngjae, the name they picked out three months ago when they got the news about their baby being a boy.
“I need one more push Jaebum, then we’re done.” the midwife encourages and Jaebum gathers all the remaining strength to push one last time.
The most wonderful sound erupts and Jaebum breathes out. There is a baby crying. Loud and clear. Jinyoung smiles and looks down at Jaebum.
“You did it.” he says and leans down to kiss Jaebum’s sweaty forehead.
“Thank you Jinyoung.” Jaebum whispers, still short of breath.


“Here he is.” The midwife comes back with a light blue bundle and gently gives it to Jaebum.
“I’ll leave you alone now, call us if something happens.” She says as she closes the door. Both Jaebum and Jinyoung looks down at the bundle and Jaebum gently pushes the fleece away from their baby’s face.
His whole body is relaxed, but he’s frowning. Forehead scrunched together and his tiny lips are pressed together.
“he got your frown.” Jinyoung comments as he looks at him and Jaebum laughs a little. They continue to look at her until he starts squirming and whimpering.
“Looks like someone is hungry.” Jaebum says and gently lifts the boy up to his . Blindly he searches until he finds it and starts .
Jinyoung gently her head and Jaebum sighs in content.
“Welcome to the world, Youngjae.”