006

Luhan, My Manager

SHIN MI YEON

“We’re here,” Luhan says, breaking the silence in the van. I gather my stuffs and get out of the vehicle.

“Thanks, you can go home now. I’ll take a cab later on.”

“I can stay here and wait,” He offers. I shake my head. Just then, my grandma walks out of the gate. She embraces me before looking at Luhan.

“Is this your boyfriend?” She asks while smiling kindly at him. She doesn’t really remember him because she only met him once when I first signed my contract with the agency and that was four years back. Luhan quickly bows and greets her. I shake my head, correcting the boyfriend to manager. She walks over to him. “You must be tired. Come on in and rest here.”

I shake my head, trying to get him to say no and he does just that but my grandma refuses his decline and forces him to turn off the engine before dragging him in with us, leaving me to groan to myself.

Just as I step into the house, Se Yeon runs out and hugs me. I kneel down to give her a proper hug before kissing her forehead.

“Wah Unnie, you’re here again!” She beams at me. I decide that since I have no schedule after the CF filming, I’ll come here three days in a row. I want to spend more time with my family anyway.

“Yes I am. Aren’t you happy?” I ask her. She nods happily before turning to Luhan.

“Who are you? Unnie’s boyfriend?”

I roll my eyes. “Manager, Se Yeon. He is my manager. Say hi.”

Se Yeon bows and greets him politely, causing my heart to swell with pride. She’s very well-mannered for a five year old. Luhan smiles back before squatting down to wave to her. Being the outgoing girl she is, Se Yeon immediately shows her toys to Luhan and start talking to him like they are long-time friends. It’s adorable, seeing a five year old talking like an adult to an actual adult. Just then, my grandma calls me to help her prepare dinner.

I catch Se Yeon’s attention and she turns to look at me. “Be good alright? I’ll be back soon.”

After a nod from her, I walk into the kitchen to help my grandma and she makes me do the simple stuffs because I’m not very good at cooking. I shall ask Luhan to teach me how to cook soon so I can cook for my grandma and Se Yeon in the future. Halfway into preparing my grandma breaks the silence.

“He seems like a nice guy. And handsome too,” She tells me. I nod, smiling amusingly while continuing to cut the vegetables up.

“He is.”

“Are you two close?”

I look up. “Of course, he’s my manager and he knows almost everything about me.”

“Then… Will you date him?”

“Halmoni! It’s impossible okay? He’s my manager.”

“How is it impossible?” She asks, frowning at me. “I like him and I think if you are with him, he will definitely accept you as you are. He seems very understanding.”

I set the knife down, feeling somewhat upset for God knows what reason. “Halmoni, he won't need to accept me for who I am because he doesn't need to know anything. He won't know anything. We won’t get together anyway so stop saying all these.”

“Alright, alright. Don’t be mad, I only want what’s best for you.”

I sigh, walking over to hug her. “I know, thank you Halmoni but you know I can’t let anyone know no matter how close we are.”

She nods her head in defeat before smiling at me sadly. “I don’t want you to suffer alone. You always keep everything to yourself.”

“I’m okay, don’t worry about me.”

I transfer all the vegetables I cut into the pot of water to let it stew before leaving the kitchen. Luhan and Se Yeon are having so much fun together. Luhan is really good with kids, which surprises me a little. I can’t deny that Luhan looks really cute with Se Yeon.

“Se Yeon-ah, have you been good?” I ask her, grabbing onto her. She giggles and nods her head.

“Luhan ahjussi teach me how to sing,” She grins.

“You mean taught,” I correct her before turning to Luhan. I look at him with widen eyes. “You can sing?”

He looks a little embarrassed with his blushing cheeks that are very visible due to his fair skin. He pinches his index finger and his thumb slightly. “A little.”

I nod in approval. To be honest I want to ask him to sing something for me to hear but I don’t want to sound demanding so I drop the idea. I scoop Se Yeon up in my arms and sit down on the couch, placing her on my lap. She slides down my lap and runs to Luhan again, leaving me to frown.

“You don’t want me anymore right?” I ask Se Yeon with narrowed eyes. “Fine, next time Luhan ahjussi can come in my place.”

Se Yeon shrieks and runs back to me, shaking her head wildly. She gives me a huge grin before climbing up to the couch to plop her little onto my lap. I ruffle her soft brown hair, making her look up at me.

“Unnie, are you staying here for the whole day?” She asks me. I nod my head and she wraps her little arms around my waist, her head leaning on my chest. I quickly peck her head before looking up. Luhan looks away but I manage to catch the look he was sending. I can’t explain how it’s like but it isn’t bad. A short while later, I hear deep breathing and look down at the little angel who is fast asleep.

“Guess someone needs an afternoon nap,” I giggle lightly before scooping her up in my arms to put her in bed.

“Do you need help?” Luhan asks while standing up and coming forward. I nod, transferring Se Yeon over into Luhan’s arms. She has certainly grown heavier. It’s not a lot but it’s still quite a feat to carry her because I’m so thin. I run to open the door for him.

“Thanks,” I smile after he put her in bed. I pull the duvet up to Se Yeon’s chin and peck her forehead before leaving the room. “What do we do now?”

Luhan thinks for a while before replying. “Do you have any games here?”

I nod. “We have a Wii here. Want to play?”

“Yes. Shall we compete in sports?” He asks, wiggling his brows, thinking that he will definitely win me because I’m a girl. I nod and put on the tennis game.

 

Panting, the both of us plop down onto the couch, breathing heavily to take in more oxygen. We are both thoroughly exhausted from playing Wii and I have proven to him that girls are not weaker than guys. I smirk at him.

“I forgot you are way sportier than me,” Luhan groans. He sulks but somehow he still manages to look pretty while sulking.

“And you are way prettier than me,” I sigh. He shoots me a glare.

“Excuse you, I’m not pretty. I’m manly,” He refutes, crossing his arm and acting like a child. I laugh at his reaction.

“Goodness, you act like Se Yeon when she doesn’t gets her way,” I mock him. His frown deepens before his look of confusion surfaces.

He turns his body to face me. “Where are your parents though? Why don’t they want to take care of Se Yeon themselves since she’s such a young child? Aren’t they afraid that she will not be attached to them?”

I look at him, startled by his sudden question. “Erm, I-I don’t know. It’s none of your business though.”

“Fine, I was just curious but forget it,” He says quietly, probably taking offense in how I answered him but I don’t care, at least I try not to. It’s better if he’s not interested in my private affairs. He's just my manager anyway. He doesn't need to know everything about me, just the more important ones. Looking at the time, it’s almost six. I have no idea that we played the Wii for so long. My grandma exits the kitchen, smiling at us, telling us it’s almost time for dinner. She goes and wake Se Yeon up. A sudden cry startles both Luhan and I.

I rush in to Se Yeon’s room.

“Did she go? Did she go?” Se Yeon’s frantic voice wails. I quickly walk over to her bed, telling my grandma to leave us for a while. It breaks my heart to see Se Yeon like this but it breaks my heart even more seeing the look on my grandma’s face. I can tell this happens often enough for her to not be surprised at all.

“I didn’t,” I whisper while hugging her. She looks up at me with her glossy puppy eyes before hugging me back tightly.

“I thought you left again,” She sniffs. I pat her back while shaking my head.

“I wouldn’t leave without telling you,” I say. “I promise.”

She nods, happy to know that. I quickly wipe her tears away before taking her hand to bring her out so we can have dinner. We settle down on the floor as Luhan helps grandma with the dishes. I can see how satisfied my grandma is with him and it kind of annoys me because I know she won’t stop trying to get me to see how great of a match we are. She doesn’t seem to understand that I want to stay single forever. I don't need anyone, only her and Se Yeon. I don't even need my parents.

“Are you hungry?” My grandma asks Se Yeon who is looking at the food expectantly.

“So hungry my stomach is going to flatten!” She exclaims dramatically while grabbing onto her spoon tightly, making us laugh.

“There’s no doubt she takes after you,” My grandma chuckles before her eyes widen at what she said. It is so quiet that I can hear the sounds of our breathing. I curse in my head, sending my grandma a glare before sneaking a glance at Luhan. His face is unreadable.

“You’re right Halmoni. There’s no way she can take after Eomma and Appa when they are not even here,” I sigh, caressing Se Yeon’s little face as her eyes dart around at the sudden silence that falls upon us. I send her a gentle smile. “Come on! Let’s eat.”

 


 

It’s a typical lonely night in my apartment as I down shots after shots of vodka. It hurts my throat but it won’t hurt as much as my heart. After the fifth shot, I start feeling increasingly hot so I strip down to my bra and .

I must have continued drinking for quite a while because when I wake up in the morning, my head hurts like someone's living in it and is using a hammer to break it down. I realise I passed out on the floor. The apartment door suddenly opens and I squint at it in shock. Luhan walks in and immediately turns to face the door after seeing the state I’m in. I look down at my body and am so surprised to find myself only in my . It doesn’t help that it’s a G-string.

“Aish! Sorry,” I croak out softly before rushing as fast as I can into my room to put on a huge pullover. My head throbs painfully at my hurried movements. Exiting the room, I find some painkillers and down them with a glass of water. Luhan pulls out the pot to make some hangover soup. I make myself comfortable by sitting at the dining table to watch him with my eyes half-closed.

My handphone suddenly rings, causing me to flinch from the throbbing headache.

“Hello?” I whisper into the phone.

“Mi Yeon-ah, are you free today?” My grandma asks. I look at Luhan and mouth him the question. He nods.

“Yes I am. Why?”

“Can I leave Se Yeon with you and collect her tomorrow? I have to go visit my friend in Busan. I’ll be back tomorrow in the afternoon,” She explains.

“Sure,” I smile slightly. “See you in a bit, halmoni.”

We hang up and Luhan looks at me questioningly. I explain to him what the phone call was about and he nods in understanding.

“You’re very free today so it’s fine but tomorrow you have an interview in the morning. It’s about the new drama you took up with Suho-ssi.”

“Ah. We’ll bring Se Yeon along. She’ll behave herself, I promise.”

“Sure, fine by me.”

 

HIIII. So it's been awhile, and I finally ended my tests yesterday so I decided to update today. I think it's longer than my previous chapters hehehe I tried making it longer and will continue to try doing that ^ - ^ and thank you to those who subscribed and commented <33333 it is very much appreciated (: