Chapter 1

Phone Calls

“I’m home,” Junhoe took off his shoes and walked towards the kitchen.

“How was school, honey?” his mother was preparing dinner and leaned in for a kiss as her son entered the kitchen. “Boring. As always,” he said after pecking his mom’s cheek. Without looking up at him, she continued cooking and hummed a cheery tune. “Why don’t you start on your homework, dear? Dinner’s gonna a take a while,” Junhoe then walked upstairs to his room.

He plopped down on his bed, exhausted and bored. Before he can even slip into a deep slumber, his phone rang and he smiled ever so slightly. Yiruma’s River Flows in You was playing; it was her favorite piano piece. He remembered how excited she sounded when he asked her why she liked it so much – since she mentioned she wasn’t one for classical music. Cute, he chuckled to himself. He purposely delayed answering the phone; he liked to – a hobby he was beginning to love. He then pushed the answer button.

“How much longer were you going to wait before answering my call, huh?” came her sweet voice, there was an evident tick in it though.

“Why, hello to you too~” he cooed back, smirking.

Flashback

It was slightly drizzling outside. The pit-a-pat of the water droplets on the glass was calming. Except for Koo Junhoe. The rain’s such a downer.  He rested his head on the desk staring outside the window, watching the rain. A loud yawn escaped his lips. Before the teacher could scold him, the bell rang for lunch. Everyone left filing towards the cafeteria.

Junhoe lazily sat upright and stretched his long arms. “You could at least try to look like you’re listening in class,” Donghyuk said as he adjusted his glasses. “Whatever. I could just borrow your notes later,” Donghyuk could only sigh at his friend’s sassy behavior.

As they walked side by side towards the cafeteria, they were joined by Jung Chanwoo. “Hyung, did you receive Bobby-hyung’s text? It seemed urgent,” he worriedly said.

“Ah, yeah. I bet it’s probably nothing,” Donghyuk assured the younger. “Probably one of his stupid ideas,” Junhoe added. “Aish, don’t talk about your seniors like that,” Donghyuk scolded Junhoe.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they could see Bobby crazily flailing his hands in the air at their usual table. “Yep, it’s probably just one of his stupid ideas,” that earned Junhoe a slap at the back of the head.

When the trio sat down and joined their hyungs, Bobby stood up and cleared his throat. “Gentlemen, I have an important announcement to make,” Hanbin looked at his hyung trying to suppress his laugh, everyone else seemed disinterested, and Junhoe just rolled his eyes at his hyung.

“As you are all well aware, I am a single man, and so are a lot of us in this circle—“ Bobby started.

“I don’t see where you’re getting at here, I—“ Jinhwan started, but was silenced by Bobby.

“As I was saying… All of us are single and I strongly believe that we should change that!” Bobby exclaimed.

Junhoe POV

Bobby-hyung’s so loud today. I continued to stuff a sandwich in my mouth and completely ignored their conversation, or rather hyung’s dramatic monologue. I was down to my third and last sandwich when Bobby-hyung placed his arms over my shoulder.

“What do you say, kid? Are you ready to be ‘not single’?” he wiggled his eyebrows weirdly at me and had that creepy smile on his face.

“Yah, get off me, hyung!” He can be so annoying sometimes. “So, what do you say? You with me?” he stretched out his right hand for me to shake. I just looked at him blankly for a second and swatted his hand away from me.

“Fine, fine. Whatever. Just leave me and my sandwiches alone,” hyung then started dancing a really weird dance, everyone was eyeing our table now. Just stop it with the embarrassment, hyung.

Normal POV

When Junhoe got home, he checked his e-mail and was flooded by numerous messages from Bobby. Aish, what is this about now? His phone rang beside him, it was Bobby. Just great. “Hyung, what the hell?!”

“Calm down, Koo Junhoe. You agreed to this. Now, fill out the form I sent you and everything’ll be just fine,” Bobby calmly said over the phone. “Fine. You owe me lunch,” Junhoe dropped the phone. He sighed and fixed his hair. His hyungs can be a real pain.

He looked at the form Bobby sent him. “On the Line… Match-making… Find your soulmate…” he skimmed through the form, not really understanding what he read. It seems harmless. He shrugged and filled out the form, then clicked send. Glad, that’s over.

The next few days were uneventful, just Bobby being extra giddy and jumpy. Wonder why, Junhoe thought.

Junhoe was sitting in front of his computer a few days after, just surfing the net, when his phone rang. The caller ID was not registered but he picked it up anyway.

“Hello? Is this Junhoe?” a girl’s shy voice said.

“Yes?” Junhoe was confused. This must be one of his hyungs’ pranks.

“Hi, I’m Mirae!” her voice came out cheery now, seemingly more confident.

That was their first phone call.

This is my first story so go easy on me, please~
*can't wait for iKon's debut* FIGHTING!
Happy New Year, everyone!