Not My Style

A Summer Song Long

Love U Like U - L and Kim Yerim


Everyone's eyes followed the screen as the two digit numbers increased to 3 digits. At the sight of 100 a round of applause was given.

"Such stable pitch and a magnificent tone colour.From Trot to DBSK,"

"Wow Miyeong your daughters have really grown up well,"

Myungsoo came in holding a tray of a green jug with matching cups stacked over each other. He always looks emo.

My mum glanced up at Myungsoo to"Myungsoo grew up well, he has quite the face.You may even be an idol,"
Idol? Mum are you kidding me? He looks alright but not idol worthy.

Myungsoo made a small smile and bowed"thank you,"

Eunah nodded enthusiastically and passed the mic to Myungsoo"Go on!"
Yeah to become an idol you need a voice not just a face.

"No thank you, singing is not really my style," he said before walking out.
Because your voice is mediocre and plain as, I can tell by his voice already. I
slouched back down into the seat with my hands in my pocket even though I was disappointed I couldn't hear him sing whether good or bad.

"Haneul come here, can you bring these to Myungsoo outside,"Haneul's dad called. I went to my dad and was given a container of bulgogi(marinated beef) , samgyeopsal (thinly sliced pork belly) and squid.

"Are you alright with that?"
Haneul nodded with a firm smile"Of course who wouldn't want bulgogi for dinner,"

Haneul made her way outside and in the distance she saw a figure on a log besides a camp fire. She took the time to mildly admire the place around her. It was actually so beautiful. You could hardly believe this was the place earlier. It was refreshing and calming. Maybe this is why my parents wanted to come here. It offered much more than city lights and skycrapers.

As I was in the midst of scenic admiration I heard a continuous riff coming from the campfire. My lips separated as the hunched figure began to sing.Why did he decline singing if he had a voice like this?Singing is not his style, huh?

"I love you, I love you the words that I can’t bear anymore my trembling heart
the words that I kept hiding in my heart" he sang.He sang so beautifully it wasn't the best with the high falsetto or anything but it was unique.Before he got to the next part I placed the containers on the table and clapped startling him. He turned around with enlarged eyes"What are you doing here?"

"Why did you stop?"

He stood up"What are you doing here?" His tone and eyes were now much darker.