Twenty

Double-minded

I spent the first week of Summer looking for a college. I would've done this much earlier, but I kept on forgetting. Not even my parents reminded me. In the past, they would handle this totally different, but now that they're more lenient, it seems like they're almost neglecting my school related things. I still love them a lot and I'm happy they are the way they are, but they could've at last reminded me. 

I was sitting on my bed with my new laptop in front of me. I was groaning, muttering, grunting, sighing and whining all at the same time. I didn't even know what I wanted to be or what I wanted to study. Why do we have to make such life changing choices at this age? I'm not even mature/responsible enough to pay bills!

I looked at all kinds of different majors and universities. I knew I wanted to do something which involved having some international students coming to our school. I would love that. I loved the idea of having people from all around th world at your school. That way, it would be easier to learn about other cultures or countries. 

I've always had a thing for business. I'd love to start up my own business when I grow up, so I had some thoughts about a business major. I did my research, and marketing and marketing research seemed like a very interesting major. I think I wouldn't mind having a career in marketing and public relations. 

If I wanted to do something that would please my parents, I would choose business school. However, I also wanted to do something I really really like, which is singing. Going to a school for specifically singing only would be impossible, so I would have dance, acting and singing all together, but I wouldn't mind. I liked dancing. I wasn't too much into acting, but I could live with it. It would be a huge risk, because succeeding as a singer is hard, but I wouldn't mind taking this risk. I could go to Brandon's Performing Arts College of Music (BPAC, pronounced as B-PAC), which isn't too far away from here and is pretty popular. I could also look for another school that was slightly less popular. The chances of me getting in would be higher, but it wouldn't look as good as Brandon's Performing Arts College of Music. 

After struggling to make a choice, I closed my laptop, put it away and started groaning, sighing and whining again. I have to sign up for a college in less than 2 days and I still haven't made a choice. I think 80% of me is leaning towards Brandon's Performing Arts College of Music and the other 20% of me is leaning towards business school. You would think my choice here is obvious, but it really isn't. I don't want to disappoint my parents by doing something I like and taking a huge risk of not being able to find a job in the future.

"Uhm.. hi?"

I almost got a huge heartattack. I looked up and saw Jungkook with a surprised expression on his face. He walked over to me and sat on the bed. 

"Why are you here? Who let you in?" I asked, still trying to get myself together. 

"Your mom let me in. I heard you making some weird noises and I was worried, so I came over." He lay down and pulled me down with him. "Why? You don't want me here? I can leave." He slightly got up.

I pushed him down by his chest, "Don't you dare leave. You know very well I don't want you to leave." Jungkook chuckled and pulled me closer. I nuzzled my face in his chest, inhaling his scent. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but his scent is so good. It makes me feel like home in an instant. 

"I know, baby. Now tell me why you were making those strange noises," he said, my hair. I puffed my cheeks and let out a sigh. It drew Jungkook's attention down at my face immediately. "It's college again, isn't it?" I nodded and was quite amazed that he knew the problem. He gave me a kiss on top of my head, "Come on, tell me why you're like this." His words gave me sudden comfort and confidence. I don't know how, it just did. It's probably just the effect he has on me. 

"I don't know if I want to go to business school to somehow still please my parents, or go to Brandon's Performing Arts College to please myself.. I know it sounds weird, but I really don't want to disappoint my parents. Even after they told me they wanted me to do whatever I wanted to.." Saying this out loud made me realize how stupid I sounded. I'm a logical person, so the logical option here would be to do what I wanted. It's my future, my life. As horrible as it may sound, my parents won't be around me my whole life. I will have to start my own family, my own career, my own life. 

"Never mind, I made my decision." I leaned down for my laptop, which was on the floor, and turned it on. 

"That's my girl," Jungkook said, wrapping his arms around my waist while watching the screen. I went to the site of BPAC and signed up right away. I filled in all my personal information.

"All done!" I smiled. It told me I would receive an e-mail for the date of the audition later on. I put my laptop back on the floor and lay down while Jungkook still had his arms wrapped around me. 

"You know.. I'm auditioning for BPAC as well," he suddenly said. I thought I didn't hear it right, so I asked him to repeat it. He did as told with a big grin on his face. I was so surprised and happy at the same time. 

"So there's a chance we're going to the same college? You're not joking, right?" I asked out of disbelief. He nodded and gave me a kiss. 

"You know how much I love singing and dancing. Going to a college like BPAC is like a dream come true. How come you didn't suspect it at all? Do you not know me at all?" He asked, acting as if he was hurt. 

"Shut up, Jungkook," I laughed, "Should I ask you the same question then?" 

"I already knew, babe. Even before you knew," he grinned, "Now, let's make some plans for Summer break, shall we? Any ideas on where to go or what to do?" Only then did it hit me that we had 3 months of nothing to do. I hadn't made any plans for a getaway yet. My parents didn't tell me anything, so I assumed they were busy with their own jobs. They've mentioned before that they wouldn't mind if I went on a vacation with my friends. As long as I was responsible. They would even pay for everything. I mean, my parents aren't poor. We're above average, I think. If I want anything, they would give it to me. The only thing is that I barely want anything. The most things I want aren't materialistic. 

"Where do you want to go?" I asked. 

"I would love to visit Italy or France with you. I don't know how far you want to go," he said, shrugging. Italy and France actually sounded like great places to visit. If we were to go to France, I'd definitely want to go to Paris. If we were to visit Italy, I wasn't so sure. Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan all sounded like lovely places to go to. 

"I'd love that," I smiled, "And what about Asia? Bangkok, Hong Kong and maybe even Seoul. I would also want to visit those places. Oh!! And Dubai." I started imagining going to all these places and suddenly got a rush of excitement. I'd love to go on a world trip, especially with Jungkook. That would be so ideal. 

"Sounds like a plan. Did your parents approve yet? And how many countries do you want to visit?" He chuckled at the amount of countries I mentioned, "We're not millionaires, you know."

"We could get a deal somewhere and my parents said they wouldn't mind if I went on a trip without them." I looked up to see his beautiful face. After a while, he looked back at me and smiled. 

"Let's ask them later then. I want to sleep now," he said. I agreed and pulled the blanket over us. It covered the both of us up to our necks. Jungkook was lying with his hands underneath his head, while I was kind of balled up with my back towards him. Not intentionally, though. We just fell asleep like that. 

It's probably been a while since we fell asleep. I was out of my deep slumber and was half awake when I felt someone's arm wrapped around me tightly. By the smell of it, it had to be Jungkook. His head was on top of mine, with his chin touching the top of my head. I was facing his chest. Still in a daze, I looked up to see his face. His eyes were shut and his mouth was slightly opened. He looked too beautiful to not look at. Not just his facial features, but his whole existence. He's always been so caring and loving towards me. I still can't comprehend how we went from hating each other to lovers. It's such a cheesy story, if I had to be honest, but it's true and I would never be embarrassed about him. 

"Babe, as cheesy as it may sound, stop admiring my beauty," Jungkook suddenly said. His eyes slowly opened and he looked me deeply in the eyes. 

"Don't sleep here then," I retorted. I wasn't going to deny the fact that I was admiring his "beauty", but I still had to somehow defend myself, right? 

"Never mind, admire me as much as you want," he smiled. He tightened his arms around me and showered the top of my head with kisses all over. "I love you, Aria, I love you so much. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met." I unintentionally rolled my eyes at his cheesy statement. I was blushing, yes, but it also made me cringe. Jungkook can make me cringe with everything he says, but he also makes me feel like the most loved person on earth. Both at the same time. 

"I love you more, baby," I replied. I reached up and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He slightly blushed, but not as noticeable as I usually would. 

"Ahh, you should really call me baby more often," Jungkook said. I glared at him and he took his words back. "I mean... don't you agree? Are you gonna call me Jungkook for the rest of our lives? What will our kids think when they hear you calling me Jungkook?"

"What kids? I never said I wanted kids with you," I said, joking of course. Of course I want kids with him. At least two of them. I'd love two little mixes of me and Jungkook running around the house. 

"I know you do. I know you want at least two kids. Who else would you want kids with? Idiot." I was honestly baffled that he knew those things about me, though I didn't show it. 

"I don't know, kids with GD or Seungri would be nice. Imagine how beatiful they would be..." 

"Yah, don't fantasize about them. Although I like them a lot, they're not allowed to come anywhere near my precious baby. You're mine and mine only," he said, pulling me even closer than I thought was possible. I was pushed against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat and feel his chest rising and falling. It was calming, if only I wasn't pushed against him like this. 

"How come you're acting like this is our honeymoon phase? That passed a while ago, you know..." I chuckled. Never has a day passed without him saying something cheesy to me. I've gotten used to it, but I still notice it. 

"Why does there have to be a honeymoon phase? I can be nice to you whenever I want to," he said. I looked up at him and laughed at how proud he looked. It was too adorable. 

"Okay okay." I said, still smiling at his cute face. I reached up and pinched his cheeks. His face turned from smiley, to frowning. He hates it when I pinch his cheeks or touch his cheeks at all. I love to do it, though. 

"Let's go down and ask our parents, shall we?" Jungkook said. I nodded and spread my arms out. He got out of bed first and looked down at me. "You're unbelievable," he said. He picked me up and walked to the stairs, setting me down there. 

"But!! You still love me, so it's alright," I said, using the same words he uses whenever I tell him he's annoying or cheesy. He just smiled and nodded, pecking me on the lips once, before walking downstairs while holding my hand. I happily walked behind him, not having to worry about anything. I had a beautiful boyfriend, I had loving parents and I had great best friends.

"Aria? Jungkook? Are you two finally up?" Mom yelled from the kitchen. Together, we shouted a yes to her as a reply. We walked into the kitchen and saw her cooking dinner. She smiled to see us happy. "I'm almost done, if you two would be nice enough to set up the table, that would be great." Of course Jungkook and I agreed and did as told. 

Once Mom was done, the table was set and Dad came back from some errands, we started eating dinner. Mom and Dad were just talking about work and what not, when I interrupted them. 

"Mom? Dad? I have a question.." I began.

"Go ahead, anything for you," Dad answered. My heart softened at his words. I knew they've always wanted the best for me, but hearing them saying it like that melted my heart. 

"Uhm... Jungkook and I want to go on a trip together," I said. My parents didn't look shocked at all. Of course this was expected. They probably already assumed this. 

"Where to?" Mom asked.

"Well.. that's what we were about to ask... We want to have a world trip. Not really visiting every country, but we'd like to go to France, Italy, Spain, China, Thailand and South-Korea. I know it's a lot to ask for and we'd understand if you wouldn't let us go to all these places, but at least consider it. Only two places would be fine as well. We just wanted your permission.." I said. Still, my parents didn't seem shocked or offended. 

"If you want that, sweetie, we'll make sure it happens," Mom began, "We'll discuss this with Jungkook's parents and then get back to you, okay? Just have some patience."

My eyes widened, "Really? You would really do that? Oh my god!! Thank you so much, thank you thank you thank you!" I got so excited, I almost sqeezed Jungkook's hand to death. He was also excited, but not as excited as me. I think I sort of overreacted, but I just felt so thankful in that moment. I still can't believe my parents would do such a thing for me. I mean, six countries.. that's a lot of money and a long time away. 

"Thank you so much, I'll talk to my parents as well," Jungkook said, smiling to my parents. 

"No need to thank us. You've never asked for anything from us, so we'd love to give this as a present for graduating and for your birthday. We're very proud of you." My dad gave me a proud smile and it hit me so hard. I was so happy my parents worded out how proud they were. 

We finished dinner on a good note. Jungkook and I went upstairs to look at the countries we wanted to go to. We were laughing and smiling so much, it started to hurt. We even looked up some skydiving or bungeejumping places. I'm afraid of heights, but I'd love to try one of these out. It would be a great experience, especially with Jungkook by my side. 

We got rid of my laptop for a while. I was sitting on Jungkook's lap and we were just staring at each other, not saying a word. We often do this without a reason. It's just something very comforting and nice. It makes me feel like we have a whole life ahead of us. I just drown in his eyes without noticing. I could look at him for hours on straight. He could never, ever, make me feel unloved. I always feel so loved whenever I'm with him. Without even saying a word, it's like love is pouring out of him. 

We leaned into each other and we locked lips. Everything I was feeling, and everything he was feeling, was poured into that kiss. I honestly felt too much at home. I felt so comfortable with him. More comfortable than I would ever feel with anyone else. I could feel his love, I could feel my own love. I could even feel his happiness. Happiness is all I want for him.