Round 2: Mood Swings

Female Struggles vs Junhoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm back!" Junhoe announced his presence as he entered the house. His girlfriend was laying on the couch, sipping hot tea. She sat up and turned to face Junhoe, who was awkwardly standing with a small black plastic bag wrapped tightly around his wrist.

Junhoe walked over and gave her the plastic bag as he changed the TV channel casually. He sat down and rested his arm on the backboard of the couch behind the girl. His eyes stayed glued to the soccer players on the television and did not even look down to see his girlfriend's reaction. It was obvious he was trying to look as relaxed and not nervous as possible. 

The girl scanned the items like she did previously - thoroughly and intensely.  She was prepared to criticize the other for yet another horrible job, but he ended up doing a pretty good job.

"Thanks," she muttered as she opened a package to examine closely. The girl rarely complimented Junhoe because of his arrogance and, of course, sass. However, she felt that this was a sweet thing for him to do, especially for a guy like Junhoe.

"What did you say?" Junhoe teased as he leaned closer to her and grinned foolishly.  "The ahjumma at the supermarket said that whoever these were for is surely a lucky girl to have such a handsome, kind, cute, and thoughtful boyfriend." Junhoe winked and leaned closer to the point where the girl was practically laying on the couch. After a moment of silence and extreme heart-beating for both parties, Junhoe pecked her nose and lifted his weight off the girl. 

"Juuust thought I'd let you know how much I care," Junhoe whispered as he stared at the television as if nothing happened. Damn, he was so good at that.

The girl, still a bit flustered and trying to calm her heartbeat down, sat up and cleared . "C-can you refill this for me, then? Just heat up the tea kettle on the stove and wait about five minutes." She shoved the empty mug toward the other, but did not make eye contact.

'Look who's the boss now, Missy,' Junhoe thought. He smirked and walked over to the kitchen to obey the new order given to him. As he the stove, Junhoe paced around, strategically planning his next attack. To him, she was the cutest and quietest when she was flustered. He chuckled and replayed the incident as he waited for the tea to heat up.

Until...

"JUNE!"

The sudden shriek of his girlfriend woke him up from his thoughts. Confused, he gave her a 'what's the problemo?' look as he shrugged. As the response, the girl simply crossed her arm across her chest and shook her head.

Junhoe turned around and looked at the stove. An empty pot was heating up with the bottom burning black. Meanwhile, the tea kettle showed no signs of heat. Turned out egoistic Mr. Junhoe turned the stove on for an empty pot rather tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter