One - Watch out for your

You Will Think Of Me

 

 

 

 

Do you have a song? Well, I don’t mean your favorite song. I mean a song that is written for you.

 

And I am proud to say, I have. Also, I finally manage to reunite with that person who wrote a song for me after all those years too.

 

 

 

Then you must be wondering…… Are we officially together yet?

 

Sad to say, no, not yet. 

 

 

I have some feelings for her since we met at my final year in college. But I was too blind to see and too scared to face it. I guess the same thing happened to her. So we ended up playing hide and seek for some time.

 

She had recorded her story with me in a song. I didn’t get to hear it until 2 years after it was written. And we didn't get to meet again until some weeks ago.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“What brings you here, Son Seungwan-xi?” I ask as she barges into my office without any warning, not even from my dearest secretary. 

 

And it is no one other than the person who wrote me a song.

 

 

She has her wavy burgundy hair loosely falling down her shoulder, and down to my desk as she bends down to look at me, “I miss you, Bae Joohyun-xi.”

 

I try my hardest to keep my poker face on while subtly checking her out for a bit. She is wearing a black shirt embracing her well-trained body, with a pink short skirt showing her milky thighs. I guess she still works out on a regular basis even though she isn’t a singer anymore. But then I frown a little ‘cause there is also a long black coat covering most of that nice view. 

 

 

“Do you know there’s something called phone? Telephone? Mobile phone?” I fiddle with my pen adverting my hungry gaze back to the papers. 

 

“I can’t see your face with that.” She answers in such a raspy tone but her expression says otherwise - how could a person both be so hot and cute at the same time?!

 

“Lame.” Brushing her off with a cold shoulder, I go back to the documents while she lingers around my office.

 

 

About a couple second later, a cup of coffee appears within my sight. Her smiling face greets me as I look up. Always about coffee, ain’t it? Always that charming bright smile, ain’t it? Well played, Wendy. Very well played.

 

By the way, where does the coffee come from? Did she just hide it in her coat?

 

 

“Anyway, I wanna ask you something important.” She nonchalantly sits on the small couch across my table, eyes casted on the outside.

 

“Go ahead.” I quickly take a sip of the coffee. Not too bitter, just the right amount of milk. 

 

“Don’t you wanna see me too? Just a little bit?”

 

“No.” 

 

 

She immediately pouts, “You'll be dead if you ever lie to me.”

 

“I did, but I am still perfectly fine here.” I shortly reply but is soon taken aback with her cute face closing in on me. I feel her warm hands cupping my face and most importantly, lips on mine.

 

“Damn you Bae Joohyun.” She pulls away first but keeps our forehands touched. “You have me in the palm of your hand.”

 

“As I know, my secretary is just outside.” I look away for a bit, hoping the heat in my body doesn't show on my cheeks. “How did you get in?”

 

 

Wendy chuckles softly and stands straight back up, “I have my charms.”

 

“You what?” I almost choke on my own spit.

 

“I told her I am one very important client of Miss Bae and I even promised her a job if you got mad for letting me in.”  Jealousy is my biggest weakness and here I got caught again. Here she goes, leaning in again, whispering by my ear, “Don’t worry, Joohyun-xi. All I care about is you.”

 

I fidget a little on my chair as her breaths tickle, “Well, you can leave now. I bet you have your business to attend to.” 

 

 

“Okay.” She pouts again just when she is about to stand up. “Are you free tonight?” 

 

“Sorry, I am not.” I have to bury my head in the piles of papers just to not be distracted by this evil creature.

 

“You got a date?” Her lively furry eyebrows nearly touch. Suddenly I have an urge to brush my fingertips on them.

 

“Sort of.” I reply as I do an epic hair flip with one hand. Can't let her get her way after all the teasing.

 

“Alright….. Have fun.” She shrugs and walks towards the door in her stilettos. Oh, she is so fun to tease.

 

 

Her voice is still clear since she has left the door slightly ajar, “Hi Hyejeong. Yes, I am about to leave. Don’t worry. You see, Miss Bae is perfectly fine with that. But that afternoon tea still counts. No, it’s me thanking you. See you!” 

 

Well, I am not perfectly fine with this.

 

Son Seungwan I'm coming for you.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The next day it’s my turn to pay her a visit.

 

I think I can walk straight into her face since the security doesn't even bother to check my identity.

 

 

“Oh hi, Irene-xi.” Seohyun is the first one who greets me as I get out from the elevator.

 

“Hi, Seohyun-xi.” 

 

“Are you coming to find Wendy? She’s having a meeting.” She gently smiles walking side by side with me.

 

“Never mind. I can wait.”

 

 

“You can wait at my office then.”

 

“Can I wait at her office?” I don’t even bother to hide. 

 

Seohyun seems startled for a second but she managers to recompose quickly, “I don’t think she will mind actually. And my office is this way, so see you later.”

 

“See you.”

 

 

Frankly I quite enjoy the questionable curious gazes thrown from all corners of this grand-looking office. Yes, I am your boss’s love interest and yes, I am one of the hottest PR consultants in town, in the flesh.

 

As I am reaching the office with a name tag “Wendy Son - Assistant Creative Director” on the door, I spot another hottie sitting just outside. I am not saying my own secretary Hyejeong isn’t hot, but this one triggers my alarm.

 

 

“Hi there.” Putting on my friendliest smile, I go up to her desk and she immediately senses my presence.

 

“Hi. What can I help you?” She does her greeting without looking away from the computer screen. Seems busy, huh?

 

 

“This is Irene Bae from RV Enterprise and I wish to see Miss Son.”

 

She gasps a little in return, “You’re Miss Bae! She’s holding a meeting now. You can wait inside first.”

 

“Thanks……” I let it trailed off since I don’t get to know her name.

 

“My name is Seolhyun,” She pronounces it so clearly. “You know, not to get mixed up with Miss Seo here. Maybe that’s why I am Miss Son’s secretary instead of Miss Seo's.” 

 

 

She looks very beautiful when she smiles.

 

“Thanks, Seolhyun-xi.” I nod as I try not to be jealous so easily. “So….. Is Wendy a good boss? Does she treat you well?”

 

What I am trying to imply is, does she always flirt with you? Did she particularly ask you to wear that mini-skirt to work?  Or put on that red lipstick? Did she ever offer to drive you home after work? 

 

 

Seolhyun quickly interrupts my inner monolgue, “She’s really good. I was just joking back there. I’m not saying Miss Seo isn’t a good boss. But Wen- Miss Son is more like a friend to us. I guess it’s because she is in charge of creating rather than administrating, that’s why......” 

 

Did she just try to call her Wendy there? Did she? Why? I must interrogate the out of her. “I see… I-”

 

 

“Miss Bae.” Wendy looks at us bewilderedly. “You are here….. I think you’ve met Seolhyun. I’m sorry I was having a meeting. Why don’t we get inside first?”

 

I gladly accept the offer and give Seolhyun a nice smile before I step in. But Wendy whispers something to her dear secretary before following suit. I don’t like it.

 

 

“So, what brings you here, Bae Joohyun-xi?” She loosens the ponytail and takes off her trench coat.

 

“You paid me a visit yesterday. So here I am today.” I plant myself on the chair across her desk in the most elegant way I can think of.

 

“Yeah, talking about hospitality.” Wendy slightly chuckles but I am not in the mood for that.

 

“What I have to say is that - you got a hot secretary.” I raise my eyebrow to show her that this is indeed a question instead of a plain statement.

 

 

“Well, I didn’t hire her for her look. And to begin with, it’s not me who hired her. The company assigned her for me to deal with the paperworks.” She runs her fingers through her hair as she tries to find her pen from that massive amout of paperwork on her desk.

 

She only does that when she is bothered. Yes, I have her in the palm of my hand.

 

 

“Had a rough meeting back there?” I try.

 

“Picky customers.” She hums, making her way to her side of the desk.

 

“Then what do you need to ease down a bit?” I am thinking maybe a coffee date like the old times? I could tell some of her thirsty colleagues to back off if I go out with her right then and there. 

 

I caught her staring before she goes on muttering, “Joohyun, can I kiss you?”

 

 

“No.” I don’t why but I blush a little. Perhaps in my innocent head, making out in an office sounds like something really .  Oh, she was just asking for a kiss. What is happening to me really?

 

“Oh……..Never mind then.” She massages her left temple walking back to her chair but gets her head knocked by a plastic plant out of the blue. “. What did I just say a minute ago?”

 

 

“That, can you kiss me.” I slur while peeping if she’s alright. 

 

“Sure,” She laughs and pecks my lips in a swift move. “Yep. That’s better.”

 

“You sneaky bastard.” Maybe I don’t have her in the palm of my hand yet. 

 

 

“Did you just say something?” She chirps. "Anyway how's your date?"

 

So she remembers. Does it mean I am not the only one who gets jealous?

 

 

“Not until you told me your date with Hyejeong. Or your relationship with Seolhyun.” I shoot her a glare.

 

“What’s up with the secretaries?” forms an O-shape so naturally. “I didn’t date yours. And I have maintained a very good working relationship with mine.”

 

“If so, what did you mean whatever afternoon tea?”

 

“You heard?” Her round puppy eyes grow even bigger.

 

 

“You didn’t even close the door properly. So say.”

 

“It’s about her, but not with me though.” She cracks a small smile.

 

“Then why mentioned it? You must be bringing her to a date for letting your in yesterday. And why is Seolhyun’s dress so short? Are you flirting with all those girls out there?” 

 

“Shh… Calm down, Miss Bae.” She laughs as her eyes crinkle. “Didn’t I say I only care about you yesterday too?”

 

 

“Then how do you explain?” I can’t back down until having a decent explanation.

 

She hesitates at first but she eventually opens , “Look, I can’t explain why Seolhyun’s dress is so short but I guess it’s because she is tall or has long legs like Seulgi and Joy. And….. And I've promised Hyejeong to set up a date with Seolhyun in exchange for letting me in.” 

 

 

“How did you know?” I control my urge of grabbing her collar and shaking the answers out from her chest. Why didn't I notice anything?

 

She seems to sense that and holds my hands in hers, “I asked Hyejong a few questions yesterday and I can tell her she’s like us. And I know Seolhyun is cool with that as I told her I am trying to court Irene Bae the hottest PR consultant in town.” 

 

, she’s so good with words. And she knows exactly what I have been thinking.

 

 

“Why didn't you just tell me?” 

 

“I don’t wanna ruin the fun and spoil it too soon. If you agreed to have dinner with me yesterday, I would have told you by then.”

 

“You made me feel so stupid.” I withdraw my hands from hers, looking away. 

 

“So how about tonight, Miss Bae?” She carefully asks.

 

 

“What?” 

 

“Dinner? A date?” Her tone softens and I nearly can’t take it.

 

“I have things to do tonight.” I just have to shut her down again.

 

She looks at me once again with her sad puppy eyes, “Okay then. Thanks for dropping by.”

 

 

“Bye.” I bite my lips and leave her alone with her work.

 

I flash a meaningful smirk towards Seolhyun when I walk past her table. “Seolhyun-xi, see you around. Have fun at the weekend!”

 

“You too, Miss Bae.” She bows her head a little.

 

“Just Irene is fine.” 

 

 

Yes, just Irene is fine.

 

We are going to be one big happy family so soon.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

I have so much fun teasing our poor Hyejeong when I get back to my office.

 

“I grant you the privilege to leave early today. Both of us.”

 

 

“Stop that. Irene.” Hyejeong buries her face in the file she’s holding.

 

“No, I really mean it. You have to shop for some nice clothes for your date. And so do I!”

 

“Wait. Who’re you dating?” Hyejeong’s face emerges from the file immediately.

 

 

I’d never spilled a word about my love life since I like to be mysterious. “You didn’t tell me you’re ogling over Wendy’s secretary too.” I cross my arms.

 

“Wendy?” Hyejeong is smart, I almost forgot that. “Did you just called her Wendy?”

 

“Alright,” I throw my hands in the air in defeat. “Yes, it’s her.”

 

“So you two are dating? That explains why she was here yesterday and you were at her office today.” Hyejeong nods at her own conclusion.

 

 

 

“How did you know I was at her office earlier?” I am quick on my feet too. “Oh...... Seolhyun told you !!!!”

 

“She just told me my boss was there all the sudden and asked if I knew why.” She smiles meekly.

 

“You know why now. And I am not taking an early leave to go on a date with her.”

 

“You’re seeing someone else too?”

 

 

I smack her head lightly but hard enough to mess up her hair. “I have a surprise for her tonight.”

 

“Wow, so romantic.” Hyejeong fiddles with her fingers, probably what to do for her date later.

 

“Yeah, that’s why I need the time…. So off you go now.” I gesture her to leave.

 

“Thanks, Irene! You are the nicest boss ever!”