Chapter Seven

Distance

(Hey guys. I decided to change the format of the dialogues so that the flow of the chapter will be understood. I did this to my other stories. Thank you for supporting!)

~The next day~

Sarah: Oh my head. *rubbing her head* Did I really drink too much yesterday?

Jinwan: Yes you did. Junhoe saw you. Well. I'm going to inform dad about this. I'm sure you didn't ask permission from him. Right?

Sarah: *smirked* Or you will not get that girl's name.

Jinhwan: You lose. I knew already her name.

Sarah: *wide eyes* then what's her name?

Jinhwan: Louie. *he confidently said*

Sarah suddenly burst out laughing.

Jinhwan: What? Isn't it her name?

Sarah: who told you?

Jinhwan: Junhoe.

Sarah: It's not her name. *still laughing*

Jinhwan: I know you're just kidding around.

Sarah: I'm serious.

Jinhwan throws a pillow into Sarah's face.

Sarah: Ow! Why you little...

Jinhwan: *walks away and shouted* I'm going to take my breakfast now!!

Sarah: *chuckled* he's still my slave. Louie? *laughed again*

~Meanwhile at Lee Aviation Airlines~

Observer: Good morning everyone. Is everybody ready cause we're going to start the training.

Everyone: Yes ma'am!

Observer: Very good. But before that I will check your attendance.

The observer started checking the attendance and Kim Hanbin has not yet arrived which makes you really mad.

Observer: Lee Louis?

You: Present!

Observer: Okay. Kim Hanbin?

Silence...

Observer: *looked at you* Where is your partner?

You: I don't know.

BI: Present! *panting*

Observer: hmm. You are 15 minutes late. what shall I do?

"Punish him." You murmured.

BI: I'm sorry. I promise I won't be late again. *smiled*

Observer: Okay. Forgiven. *continues to check attendance*

BI: *elbowed you* hey buddy.

You: uh! Don't you dare put your skin on mine again!

Observer: Is there any problem Lee Louis?

You: Ma'am? Nothing. I'm okay. My partner is just teasing me.

Observer: well this is not a play time for all of us so be serious.

You: I'm sorry.

Hanbin whistled with crossed arms.

"I really hate you." You whispered.

BI: really? 100%?

You: 200%!!

BI: wew.

~Meanwhile~

Trainer: Welcome trainees. Today, let's try how strong your trust is to your partner. But wait, do you trust your partner?

Some said yes and some didn't answer.

Trainer: Very well. You can answer my question after this activity. Are you ready trainees?!

Everyone: Yes!!!!!!!

Trainer: then let's start!

*At the Gymnasium*

Trainer: Here's the mechanics. You will wrap a handkerchief around your partner's head that will cover her/his eyes. You, the partner that has no handkerchief covered, will tell the direction where your partner will go or turn. Your objective is to pass through the maze I've set outside this gym successfully. Inorder to do that, listen carefully and trust your partner. The first one to finish it will be the winner. Remember, guide your partner through words only. Okay? Let's start!

You: I will be the guide.

BI: NO! I will be the one.

You: I don't trust you.

BI: I don't trust you either.

You: No. I'm the first one who said it. I will be the guide.

BI: You're being unfair. Let's have a rock paper scissor.

You: Fine. The winner...

BI: will be the guide.

You and BI: ROCK PAPER SCISSOR!!

You: *paper*

BI: *scissor*

BI: Like you said, the winner will be the guide. *confidently looking at his nails.*

You irritately, loudly stamped your feet and it's like everyone heard it.

Trainer: okay everyone! You may now cover your partner's eyes.

BI took the handkerchief.

BI: Come here. I'll cover your eyes now.

You: You come here. *crossed arms*

BI: I'll cover your eyes now. But before that, may I ask you a question.

You just gave a mad, blank expression.

BI: Louis, do you trust me?

You looked at him eye to eye.

You: Definitely no!

You almost shouted.

BI: That will do.

"I don't know if we can win this or atleast finish this game." he murmured while covering your eyes.

You: I heard you!

BI: Then congratulations! Your hearing is good.

You: Shut up.

BI rolled his eyes.

BI: Can you see anything now?

You: Duh! How can I see anything if my eyes are covered very tight? Do you even have your common sense?

BI: I have. But I rarely use it.

You: that explains your attitude.

BI: I'm just making sure you can't see anything so we play fair.

You: I'm not a cheater.

BI: I know. You're a smart cheater.

You: Whatever.

~30 MINUTES PREPARATION~

Trainer: We're going to start the game. Remember, only words will be used as a direction. Are you ready?

Everyone: Yes!

"I hate this." you said to yourself.

Trainer: Ready... set... go!!!

As expected, Hanbin instructed you which way to go. Go left. Right. then left again.

BI: Left. No no no no no! I mean right!

You: *bump on the wall* Aw! Can you please make clear of your instructions!? Idiot!

BI: Who did you call an idiot?

You: Obviously, you!

Trainer: Anne and Alex are now leading!

"I told you I should be the one to be the guide! Now their leading!" you almost shouted, mad voice with a mad eyebrows.

BI: We can be in 2nd or 3rd place.

You: I don't like that places! I never been to that ranks!

BI: so you mean you always-

You: Win the game, yes!

BI: well, let me tell you this. You have to be sometimes, you know, in 2nd or 3rd place when it comes to a game. But, a game is not always about winning, it's about enjoying. Like what we're doing right now.

You: Do you think I'm enjoying this game? With you?

BI: well, obviously not but what I mean is-

You: Stop these s and let's get movin'! We're left behind now!

BI: Your eyes are closed. How did you know?

You: uh! You idiot! Lead me the way now!

As the game goes on, almost the same situation occurs between all partners. Blaming each other, fighting, laughing, enjoying, arguing who's wrong. It's a healthy attitude to all partners in any kind of relationships. But if these things don't occur between you and your partner, then it's unhealthy. Unhealthy means there are no benefits from that particular relationship. Arguing is good but it sometimes turns into a problem with your partner, even becomes a worst problem. Well, I hope you and Hanbin will not come to this point but I guess I'm wrong.

Trainer: *WHISTLE* We have a winner!!!

Well, who could it be? Maybe its you and Hanbin but if not, sorry for you. It's your first time to lose the first place you've been holding for such a long time.

Trainer: Congratulations Alex and Anna!!!! Your trust to one another is really strong! Good job trainees!

Yep. Its Alex and Anna who won. Hanbin was so happy with the results. He never felt bad because for him it was just a game and a game should be enjoyed by anyone who's involve but not for you. A game is about winning and being above all. A great opposite beliefs.

Everyone was cheering, jumping because finally the tired game is over. In the middle of the happiness felt by everyone inside the gym, you suddenly walked away, swinging your hands disappointedly. Nobody notices that "walk away" scene of yours except for your partner who followed you and was trying to stop you.

BI: Hey Louis. *grabbed your hand^

You threw his hands away.

BI: Are you mad?

You: *stopped walking* If you just let me be the guide, this will not happen!

BI: It's still the same Louis. I don't trust you. We will not win.

You: NO! I'm smart! I know how to win! You? You only know things that are stupid! Now I'm a loser because of you!

The observer noticed you both fighting. " Louis!"

BI: This is just a game. This is not the end so stop acting like you're in a big competition and you lose.

You: This is just a game?

BI: Yes. You just have to enjoy it.

You: I'm not kidding.

BI: I'm not kidding also.

Then you suddenly shouted really really loud.

'I HATE YOU!!!'

Everyone was shocked and paused. Hanbin was also shocked that he can't say a word.

You: I will never stop hating you! *walked away*

Observer: Louis! *followed you*

Hanbin didn't move.  He watched you disappeared.

All of the trainees went to Hanbin.

Alex: Are you okay?

Anna: Of course he's not.

To be continued…