Chapter Five

Distance

~Morning~

Sarah’s mom was about to check Jinhwan and as she enters his room…

“What in the world is happening here?”

“Good morning mom.” Sarah greeted.

“Sarah.”

“Hmm?”

“What did Jinhwan eat to make his room so clean?”

“Oh. Are you surprised? He didn’t eat something. He’s working for something.”

“What’s that something he’s working for?”

“A girl’s name.”

Her mom looked at her so curious.

“A girl’s name?”

“Yep.”

Jinhwan noticed Sarah and his mom standing at his door.

“So how’s my room sissy?”

“Well done. You’ll do that for one month okay?”

“Can’t we make it for 2 weeks only?”

“Na-a. We’ve already talked about this.” Jinhwan disappointedly looked down.

“Jinhwan, let’s take our breakfast first.” His mom offered,

“Yes. *5 sec silence* Mom.”

Jinhwan’s mom smiled widely after hearing Jinhwan said mom.

Sarah secretly gave a slow clap to Jinhwan. Jinhwan just rolled his eyes.

~Meanwhile at Hanbin’s house~

“Hanbin! Get off your bed now! It’s your first day on OJT!” His mom shouted.

“Uh!” Hanbin covered his ears with a pillow.

“Hanbin!” His mom once again shouted.

“Alright alright.” He slowly jumped out of his bed and proceeded downstairs to take his breakfast without wearing his pants just a boxer, without brushing his teeth and without combing his hair. He just immediately sat down and bites a piece of bacon.

He’s mom madly watched at him. “Hanbin, did you even take a look of yourself at the mirror before going here?”

Hanbin paused and looked at his body. “Why? Something wrong?”

“Something wrong?! Look at yourself! You look like you’re not my son! You didn’t wear your pants.”

“What’s wrong with wearing a boxer?”

“You didn’t even comb your hair.”

“I’ll take a bath anyway.”

“Did you even brush your teeth?”

“No.”

“uh! Kim Hanbin! Why do you always give me a headache?! You’re not a kid anymore. You’re a man now. Be formal! Watch your hygiene! What do you think people will say huh?”

“I don’t give a on them.”

His mom gasped.

“Hanbin. Where did you learn to talk to your mom using that rude words?” His father scolded him.

Hanbin stopped eating.

“Is it coming from your friends?”

Hanbin didn’t answer.

“You’re grounded for whole week.”

“What?”

“I make decisions and there’s nothing you can do about it. Now, go to your room and get dress.”

He stood up and went upstairs with loud big steps.

“Ms. Park.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Go check on him.”

Ms. Park immediately followed Hanbin.

~At Hanbin’s room~

“Hanbin.” Ms. Park started.

“Why are they always like that? They always force me to do things I don’t really like. They always scold at me for just little things. It’s like I didn’t do anything right for their entire life!”

“You’re still young. You’ll understand them if you will become a parent too.”

“I will not raise my child just like the way they raised me.”

“Oh come on Hanbin. It’s your first day in OJT. Don’t let your bad vibes ruin your day. Cheer up!” Ms. Park started singing and dancing.

Hanbin slowly smiled.

“woah. That was tiring.”

Hanbin smirked.

“Come on man! Get yourself dressed!”

*AT LEE AVIATION AIRLINES*

The observer gathered you all at the waiting room to introduce your new OJT partner starting today. Some of the girls were so excited about the introduction while you were so disappointed because that will make your work go slow. It’s better to be alone than to have a partner,

“Good morning trainees.” The observer started.

“Today, we have a new trainee that will be part of your journey here at Lee Aviation Airlines. He’s the son of this company’s business partner, Mr. Kim and he will be Louis partner during his OJT.”

You heard your co-trainees whispering to one another.

“What? She’s so lucky.”

“She’s his partner because she’s the daughter of this company.”

 “Are you saying anything?” You gave a fierce look at them. They immediately shut their mouth.

“Let’s give a warm welcome to Kim Hanbin.”

Everyone clapped as Hanbin coldly entered. He just gave a blank face to all people.

“Hanbin.” The observer approached him.

“Lee Louis will be your partner.”

Hanbin looked at you blankly and you rolled your eyes.

“Okay everyone. Let’s start the training! Hanbin, your partner will tour you around.”

“This is totally a big waste of time.” You murmured.

So you started touring Kim Hanbin around the company.

“This is where we’re going to do our research papers and reports.” You started.

“I see.” He said while looking around.

“And regarding our reports, you’re going to give a contribution to our report to be pass every week.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m just reminding you because you look like you’re a lazy person. You know what, I can do all the reports alone but we’re partners and you need a grade so I’m making it up to you.”

“Didn’t the observer instruct you to tour me around and not to give your conditions on such things?”

“It’s better to make things clear because I don’t want any trouble since you’re my partner.”

“Are you saying I’m a trouble to you?”

“As long as you’re my partner, yes.”

“How sure are you I will give you a trouble huh?”

“I have heard enough about your attitude especially when you’re around your friends.”

“I didn’t know you’re stalking me.”

“I’m not.”

“So how do you know about my attitude?”

“Your mom told my mom everything about you. *chuckled*”

“And so what?”

“You’re such a kiddo’ Credits from your mom. *chuckled*”

“Why do you feel like you’re so good at everything since the first night I met you?”

“I’ am good at everything and I’ll give you a sample. Just wait and see. Watch and learn.”

Hanbin smirked. “I don’t like this girl.”

“Next stop, the training house. This is where we’re going to do most of our activity trainings.”

“Woah! It’s so big.”

“I know right.”

“If you think you can beat me with paper works, I think I can beat you with physicality.”

“Oh really? Do it. Don’t impress me with your words Mr. Kim Hanbin.”

“You too.”

“I can do it.”

“Then show me, don’t impress me with your words Ms. Lee Louis.” Walked away to explore the training house.

You bit your lips because of irritation.

~After 1 hour and 35 minutes~

“And there ends the tour. Let’s start the training.” You said with crossed arms.

“Oh you forgot something.”

“What?”

“You didn’t tour me at the canteen.”

You raise your left eyebrow instead of replying.

“I’m serious. Tour me at the canteen.”

“Go tour yourself.” You turned back and walked away.

“Is that the manners of a girl who is good at everything? Leaving her partner behind?”

You turned back at him.

Hanbin happily smirked. You rolled your eyes.

Back at the waiting room, the observer asked you both how’s the tour going on.

“It’s. Great.” You replied.

“She gave me her conditions as my partner during the tour.”

“Conditions?” The observer curiously asked.

Your eyes turned wide. “Conditions! Yes like if he falls, I fall. Whatever happens, we’ll remain as a partner.”

“Really?” Hanbin looked at you deeply.

“Yes. *held Hanbin’s hand* Partners right?” As you smiled at him widely.

Hanbin just stared at your hand holding his hand.

“Good. That’s good.” The observer replied.

Hanbin suddenly took off his hand away.

“Ew. Germs held my hand. Louis, can you please give me the alcohol beside you?”

You deadly looked at him and handled the alcohol. You watched him rubbing his hand.

“Okay. Take a break first and we’ll start the training.” said the observer.

“I’m a germ that will be close to you and will slowly kill you.” You said and rubbed your hand with an alcohol.

“The way you answer our observer is not a girl that is good at everything as far as I know.” He said in a teasingly voice.

“Kiddo!” you almost shouted and went out the waiting room. Some of the trainees stared at Hanbin after you went out. “I didn’t do anything.” He replied their curious stares.

To be continued…