Chapter 3

Distance

*At Sarah’s room*

“Why are you busy there with your clothes?” Sarah’s mom asked curiously.

“Oh I’m going to visit Louis.”

“It’s too early honey. It’s still 7:30 am.”

“I know mom. I’m going to wait at the entrance. I want to encourage her.”

“Oh that’s so sweet honey.”

“It should be. Going to dress up now.”

“Okay.”

Sarah’s mom went to Jinhwan’s room to check what he’s doing. As she opened the door, she saw him playing a game with his PS4.

“Jinhwan, it’s so early. Why are you playing PS4 already? Why don’t you go outside and explore?”

Jinhwan didn’t answer.

“Did you take your breakfast already son?”

“Don’t call me son. You’re not my mom.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Where’s dad?”

“He’s downstairs.”

Jinhwan quickly turned off his PS4 and went down stairs without even looking at his mom. His step mom looked down and decided to clean Jinhwan’s room. After Sarah dressing up, she was about to go down stairs when she noticed her mom cleaning up her step brother’s room.

“Mom. Why are you cleaning up his room? He should be the one doing this.”

“no it’s okay Sarah. I can do it.”

“uh! Where is he?”

“He’s downstairs.”

Sarah immediately went downstairs.

“Sarah!” trying to stop her daughter.

As Sarah went down, she saw Jinhwan taking his breakfast with his dad.

“Jinhwan.”

Looked at Sarah blankly “bo?”

“why are you letting mom to clean up your room?”

“I didn’t ask her to do that.”

“Then at least stop her. She has so many things to do. Can’t you even say mom I’ll do it. Leave it there.”

“What is it to you anyway?”

“She’s  our mom.”

“Your mom, Sarah.”

“No. Your step mom. If you don’t want to respect her as your step mom then respect her as your dad’s wife, my mom and as a human.”

“Stop!” her dad shouted. “There’s no day you didn’t argue. Can you please give me one day where both of you will not argue. I’m so done with you both.” her dad stood up and went outside to go to his office.

“Look what you’ve done.”

“You started it.” Jinhwan stood up and went to the garden.

“Say sorry to mom Jinhwan!” she shouted but he ignored.

“That boy does not have any good manners.” she murmured.

Sarah’s mom heard everything. “Enough Sarah.”

‘But mom.”

“Let’s just give patience to him. Please understand him. You’re older than him.” her mom pleased her.

“arasso.”

“Kamsahmida. *smiled* Take your breakfast now.”

“No it’s okay mom. I’ll just take my breakfast with Louis.”

“you sure?” Sarah nodded. “Okay.”

“I have to go mom.”

“Okay. Take care.”

*At your company*

Sarah was waiting for you at the entrance. You usually arrived at exactly 8:30 am. While waiting, she let out a stupid thought about her step brother.

“If only someone will change that boy. When will she come? If that someone arrives at Jinhwan’s life then it would be great. Please make it fast God! I need that someone to change him. He’s such a brat, a stupid little brat. I do understand him anyways. He saw his mom died in front of him so I can’t blame him if he’s acting like that but please don’t make it too much Jinhwan. I only knew he loves his mom a lot so I wouldn’t be surprised if he will not accept my mom as his mom.”

After having a stupid thought, you saw Louis’s car coming.

“There she is!” She excitedly shouted.

Right after you went out of the car, Sarah hugged you.

“Louis!”

“*chuckled* Sarah. I can’t breathe.”

“opps! *covered * sorry.”

“Why you’re here?”

“Nothing. I just want to see you cause I miss you. You didn’t call me this past 2 days.”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I‘m just busy. I hope you understand.”

“I understand.”

“Don’t worry. If I’ll have a free time, I’ll hang out with you.”

“Promise?”

“Promise!” you both chuckled.

“Is it your OJT time already?”

“Nope. Not yet. It’s 9:00.”

“huh? Then why did you come here early?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like coming early. And there you are waiting for me.”

“Best friends blood!!!” Sarah shouted and you both laughed.

“uhm Louis.”

“Hmm?”

“can you join me? I didn’t take my breakfast.”

“What? Why are you skipping your breakfast? It’s a bad habit. Don’t you know that?”

“I know that. I started my morning good but someone ruined it so I didn’t take my breakfast at home.”

“tell me who ruined your morning?”

“I’ll tell you later. Please join me?”

“Okay.”

‘Yes! Kamsahmida!”

So you and Sarah went to a fast food chain and Sarah took her breakfast there as she told you everything happened to her this morning.

“So your brother ruined your morning?” You said while your left eyebrow raised.

Sarah nodded.

“He’s such a spoiled brat.”

“It’s because he has a bad memories since he was a kid.”

“What do you mean?”

“Before mom and dad decided to live at one roof together with me and Jinhwan, he’s mother died in front of him when he was 10 years old.”

“That’s awful.”

“I know right? They were robbed by those unknown men. Her mother fought back at them while Jinhwan hid at the cabinet. He saw a man with a gun slapping her mother but her mother is really strong. Because of that braveness, the man with a gun pointed his gun into her head and then bang! She died.”

“I’m sure he’s blaming his self for what happened.”

“Yes. You’re absolutely right. He loves his mom so much so I can’t blame him if he will not accept my mom that fast.”

“Now I understand why he’s like that, why he’s a spoiled brat.”

“I hope you’ll meet him.”

“Poor little brat.”

“Hey! I heard something from your mom.”

“What?”

“you didn’t tell me who’s Kim Hanbin.”

“ come on Sarah. It will be a waste of time if we will talk about him.”

“Wow? You’ve got new enemy?”

“No. it’s not like that. I just don’t like his attitude. He’s kind of like your brother’s manners.”

“I smell something fishy. So what happened when you first saw him?”

“Well, he shows no interest. And guess what, he will be part of OJT. He’s not even interested.”

“and then?”

“That’s it.”

“That’s it? What do you mean by that’s it? Why didn’t you ask for his number?”

“why would i?”

“so we can joke at him.”

“Just for fun?”

“Yes. So we can revenge at him if he will do something funny to you.”

“Such a bad girl.” You both laughed.

“Oh no. it’s almost time for my OJT. Are you done?”

“Yup. Let’s go.”

While walking back to Lee Aviation Airlines, there was couple of boys skateboarding. They also took the way you’re taking. Some of them were wearing headphones. You got irritated.

“What’s up with these young teenagers?” Sarah said madly.

Until someone accidentally hit your foot with a skateboard.

“aw!!!!” you shouted as you kneeled down.

“Louis!” Sarah also kneeled down.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you.”

Sarah faced him so mad and was so shocked…

”Jinhwan?!”

“Sarah?”

“what are you doing here? Look what have you done with my friend.”

“I’m so sorry. I can bring her to the hospital if it really hurts”

“No need.” you said and stood up and face him.

“So you’re Kim Jinhwan. My best friend’s step brother.”

Jinhwan just paused. He was looking at you like he’s viewing something beautiful.

“I-I’am s-so sorry.” He was stammering.

Jinhwan’s friends noticed what’s happening so they went to Jinhwan.

“Jinhwan-ah!” his friend shouted.

“Next time be more careful.”

Jinhwan didn’t respond instead he was looking at you deeply. Jinhwan’s friends knew what’s happening.

“Mianhe *bowed*” they all said.

“Jinhwan, I’ll talk to you later.” Sarah said and left with you.

Jinhwan and his friends watched you walk away.

“She’s so damn beautiful.” Jinhwan said looking straight forward at you walking away.

“Yes, she is but you’re dead with your sissy.” They all chuckled except Jinhwan.

“Oh no. Our Jinhwan is in love!!!!” They all cheered.

Finally you arrive at Lee Aviation Airlines.

‘I’m sorry about that awhile ago.”

“It’s okay Sarah.”

“Is it hurts?”

“hmm a little but I’m totally okay.. *smiled* I have to get goin’”

“okay. Fighting bestie!!!”

“Fighting!!!”

Sarah watched you entered and she went home after that.

~OJT TRAINING~

You started your training alone but it was easy for you until the observer approached you.

“Louis.”

“neh?”

“May I interrupt you?”

“What is it mam?”

“Your dad, Mr. Lee told me that you will have a partner for the OJT starting tomorrow.”

“partner?”

“He said it’s Mr. Kim’s son. You have met him right?”

“Kim Hanbin?”

“Yes. That’s the name.”

“My dad told me that he’s going to be my partner?”

“Yes. He’s not here today because something came up but he will start his OJT tomorrow with you as his partner.”

You gave a disappointed look at the observer.

“is there something wrong?”

“Oh none.”

“okay. I’ll leave you now.”

“What the heck. He will be my partner?! Oh no! I gotta talk dad about this.” You thought.

“There’s no way.” You said.

On the other hand… To be continued.