Chapter One

Distance

 “LOUIS!!!!”

“huh? Umma? Why are you shouting?”

“Did you feed Minguk already?”

“neh.”

“Then why is he crying?”

“Umma!” Minguk calling for his mom.

“Maybe he wants to pee?”

Mom looked at Minguk “Minguk-ah?”

“Umma! Umma!”

“Do you want to pee?” Minguk went quiet.

“I told you mom.”

“ah! Minguk-ah why didn’t you tell me?” carried Minguk.

“I’ll help him mom.”

“No. I’ll do it.”

“Okay. As you say so.” crossed arms.

“oh poor Minguk-ah. Stop crying now okay? Saranghe.” Mom said as she went to the bathroom wiping Minguk’s tears.

 You let out a sigh. “Oh mom.”

“Excuse me Miss Lou.” Your personal maid interrupted.

“waeyo?”

“You have a call from Sarah.” Handled you the phone.

“HELLO BESTIE!!!!!!!!”

“ah! Sarah you don’t have to shout. The phone is so close to my ear so I can hear you loud and clear.”

“Sorey okay sorey.”

“Why did you call?”

“Are you free today? Cause I’m free! I want to watch a movie today. It’s been awhile since I’ve watched a movie.”

“Sarah, you just watched a movie last week at the cinema.”

“It’s last week Louis.”

“and you’re with someone. You didn’t share it to me about that someone.”

‘ohh! *laugh* you stalked me?”

“no. My mom saw you. So who’s that someone? Boyfie?”

“ *laughs so hard* hahahahhahahhahhahah”

“why are you laughing? I’m asking you.”

“It’s my step brother. Note that. My step brother.”

“Since when?”

“I don’t know. Since he was born?”

“Looks like you jive with each other.”

“Oh please Louis don’t say that.”

“Huh? Why?”

“IT’S TOTALLY OPPOSITE. We always argue like every day. We just had a game and I lose so I’m gonna have to treat him for a movie. That’s it.”

“I see. I’m not free today, Sarah.”

“again!?”

“I have to stay here and take care of Minguk. My parents are so busy with the company.”

“Why don’t you get a babysitter for your 4 year old baby brother?”

“My mom wants us to take care of him for his safety. She doesn’t have trust with babysitters. She believe that today’s generation is not safe.”

“hmmm.”

“I’m sorry Sarah. Aside from that, I have to prepare with my OJT this week.”

“Okay. I understand but next time I’ll ask you, make sure you’re free.”

“Arasso. *chuckle*”

“I have to go. Bye, Bestie. Love you.”

~Call Ended~

After a phone convo with Sarah, you went to the kitchen to prepare Minguk’s snack. While preparing, your dad entered the kitchen to make some coffee.

“Oh hi honey.”

“Hi dad.”

“Preparing for Minguk’s snack?”

“yeah. I’m sure he will look for this.”

“so let’s talk about  your OJT.”

“you seems so excited.”

“How’s your preparation?

“Doing well dad. Actually, I’m excited. I’m going to meet new people.”

“Isn’t that great?”

“yeah dad.”

“are you ready?”

“I’m always ready dad.”

“You should. Your OJT is this week.”

“MINGUK-AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” your mom suddenly shouted.

“why is your mom shouting?”

“maybe Minguk ran away from her again.” You both chuckled.

~Next 48 hours~

Today  is your OJT at your own family business, Lee Aviation Airlines. You’re excited because you’re one step away from your dream, to become a stewardess and travel the world.

*At waiting room*

Your observer is giving you an introduction and instruction before you start the OJT.

“Good morning trainees. Here we start your journey. I’m going to be your observer or in other words, your teacher during your OJT. You will be paired so it will be easy. This OJT will take 6 – 7 months or a year. We will train you in a very excellent way so don’t you all worry. We will take you to different places and teach you the things you never taught. “

As the observer continues to instruct you, Mr. Lee entered.

“Good morning Mr. Lee.” You all greeted.

“Good morning. I want to say good luck to all of you. I promise that we will give our best to train you.”

“As you all know, Lee Louis *pointed at you* is Mr. Lee’s daughter.” Said the observer while smiling widely at everyone.

Everyone looked at you but you just act normally.

“But it doesn’t mean that we will give her a special treatment. She will also go through the process you’re going. She will be with you.”

“you heard Mr. Lee.”

After that awkward moment for you, Mr. Lee finally left.

“Okay let’s have a pairing.”

The total trainees are 15. Everyone got their partner except you.

“Ms. Louis. You don’t have a partner. So I guess you will work on your own. Can you do that?”

“Yes. It’s okay with me.”

“Oh, I like your spirit. OKAY EVERYONE. I’ll tour you around. Follow me.”

And the OJT started.

~After 11 hours~

“FINALLY!!! I MISS MY BED BED BED BED!” squeezing your pillow.

“Minguk-ah!” He pokily looked at you. “Come here. Give me a kiss.” He ignored you and rides on his toy car. “hmm Minguk-ah” you pouted.

“Ms. Lou.”

“hmm?”

“your mom is on the phone.”

“Kamsahmida. Mom?”

“Louis, we will be late. We have an emergency meeting. Make sure Minguk will sleep at exactly 9 PM and please Louis, take a rest. Arasso?”

“Arasso.”

“Don’t forget to feed Minguk okay? “

“neh.”

“okay. I have to go.”

~CALL ENDED~

“Ms. Lou.”

“neh?”

“you have another phone call. It’s Sarah.”

‘Okay.”

“Louis, how’s your OJT?”

“IM TIRED.”

“aww. Louis fighting!! You can do it.”

“Thank you.”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! KM JINHWAN!!!!!!!!”

“Sarah?  Are you okay? What happened?”

“My step bother puts an icing on my pretty face. I have to go Louis. IM GOING TO KILL HIM!!!”

“okay. *chuckles*”

~CALL ENDED~

“Sarah is just Sarah.” You thought and chuckled. “Oh I have to prepare Minguk’s dinner. Minguk-ah! Let’s eat. Come on.” Minguk jumped due to excitement. “Aigoo Minguk-ah.”