Chapter 4

"Hi"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: New School Year

"Jieun-nah!" I heard a familiar voice somewhere among the crowd of students looking for their new room assignments for this year. I looked for the source of that voice, tip toeing since I'm not that tall. That's when I saw Suji waving her arms and smiling at me. I waved back and immediately walked to her without a second thought.

However I did not notice that someone was also walking towards me and we bumped into each other. The person was bigger than I was therefore I fell back. My really hurts. And I think I scraped my palms too. Urgh. First day of school and this is what happens? Great, just great. 

"Are you, okay miss? I'm very sorry. I was not looking." Judging from the voice its a guy that bumped me. He lent me his hand. I was about to refuse and was gonna give him a piece of my mind but when I looked up, I saw him. Kim Jongin. The first time we met was at my Oppa's birthday. I haven't really talked to him since then given that we belonged to different classes. But often times when we see each other at the corridor, he would smile at me and sometimes wave. I'd smile back in reply and I'd feel warmth spread inside me.

"Oh? Jieun! I didn't know it was you. Sorry." Jongin helped me stand and is now looking all over to see if I have injuries.

"I'm fine." I was finally able to get out of my daze. "Thank you, Jongin." I smiled at him.

"Next time, please be careful, okay?" He looked into my eyes this time and I can't seem to move. It's like I'm trapped in them. It's like he's looking through my eyes and sees my soul. "Jieun?"

I snapped out and just nodded my head, not trusting my voice and still looking at his eyes.

"Okay. See you in our class room." I barely registered him walking away. I'm still captured by those eyes. There was a glint of happiness yet there is also something deeper in them that I can't point my finger to.

"Earth to Jieun? Hello Jieun-nah?" Someone is now shaking my arm. I looked and saw that it was Suji. Bae Suji, my best friend.

"What was that about?" Suji asked. 

"What are you talking about, Suji-yah?" Did she see? Did anybody else see? Oh my God.

"Don't worry, with all the commotion here no one saw. Except me." She smiled. "So come on spill!" 

"What were you so excited about before?" I tried to change the subject because I did not like where this conversation was heading. And it years to be working because my friend is now jumping up and down.

"Jieun-nah! We're classmates again." She took my arm and walked. I'm guessing to our assigned room. I just let her lead me. I'm happy as well that we'll be classmates again. "For the past two years we had been in the same class. And now on our third year, we're in one class again! I can conclude that we really are destined for each other. We are really fated to be best friends! Nothing can set us apart!" 

We are laughing as we enter a room I could only presume as our class room. There were already a few students inside but there were still a lot of vacant chairs. We chose the seats nearest the window, third row from the front. Suji was near the window and I took the seat beside the aisle.

We are talking, busy catching up with our respective vacations. She tells me about her stay in her grandmother's house for a week when her mother was in the UK, attending a medical confere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter