Prologue

"Hi"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Lee Jieun POV)

It was autumn, when the leaves are dried up and are falling to the ground. My favorite season. I remember when I was a child, I used to play with the fallen leaves at our backyard. Yeah, and how could I forget, it was also during this season that I got to know him. I remember we were still in high school back then. A bittersweet smile surfaced my lips.

As I was about to cross the street, my eyes fell on a figure I vowed to never see again. Kim Jongin. My smile back then was quickly replaced with shock. I quickly averted my eyes down, hoping that he did not see me, and continued walking, faster this time. 

Of all those times I'd purposefully decline invitations from our schoolmates, whether it be birthday celebrations, weddings, or just plain get-togethers, saying that I'm busy and making up appointments that didn't exist until they called to invite me. Ending up with me promising that next time, I'd really be there. 

I'm sure all of them knew the reason for all my declines. I can see it clearly from their faces and can hear it from when their voices change. I knew it and I can bet he does too. Two weeks after I came back from the US, which was just a year ago, one of my friends saw me and I knew that it will just be a matter of time that everyone who knew Lee Jieun will have known that I was back. It's even a miracle that I was able to avoid him this long.

When I walked past him, I sighed but felt sad. I wanted so bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter