Untitled 1 [Yoon2seok, fluff]

some drabbles

for the prompt "mythological creatures + bangtan's hyung line"


He’d heard of dragons hoarding everything from dull iron pots and pans to flags torn from ships, so of course they wouldn’t all adhere to the whole “stealing princesses” thing right?

 

This was still kidnapping royalty, of course, and Yoongi is wondering why he’s surprised a dragon would snatch a prince of all people.  Just like him, to ponder his own shock rather than maybe show concern for having no idea where he now stands.

 

His hair is matted from the moisture of the flight through the clouds as he runs his hands through it in an attempt to revive it.  Standing right at the mouth of the cave, the ledge drops off about fifteen feet in front of him and at twenty on either side, jagged edge giving way to the ring of mountains which rise up into the clouds.  Looking out, being on the face of one of these mountains effectively creates a wall between him and the world outside.

 

The dragon turns and disappears into the cave and Yoongi barely flinches out of the way as its tail flicks through the air.  He takes one last deep breath of fresh air and follows into the stuffy atmosphere of the cave.  It’s not hard to follow the massive creature, considering that it is a massive ing creature and all.  However, he stops in his tracks at the sound of different foot steps approaching from deeper within the cave.  The Massive ing Creature makes a sound that one might interpret as affectionate or excited but Yoongi misses that because one tends not to be as observant when their heart is at a solid presto (maybe 176 Yoongi thinks but that’s not important).  Just then he notices the hand placed gently on the dragon’s nose, crooked fingers (Yoongi thinks it’s a little charming?) and following up the arm, an equally gentle smile.  His clothes look rich, deep reds and purples and bright golds sew together expertly, contrasting the way his hair is tamed only by the bun it is pulled into.  He’s handsome in a way that makes Yoongi feel… good.

 

He looks up towards Yoongi and starts.

 

His hello sounds tentative and Yoongi’s voice is a little hoarse when he returns it.  The other squints at him as he looks Yoongi up and down.

 

“He,” He gestures toward the dragon with his head, “brought you here?  And you’re really real? I’m not finally imagining things after the,” he looks back and the dragon, “Year? Year and a half?” His eyes are back on Yoongi, “I’ve been here now?”

 

Yoongi nods slowly.

 

The man makes a noise that might be a combination of disbelief and joy but it mostly sounds like he’s choking a little bit.  He surges forward and nearly closes the distance between himself and Yoongi in a few steps, looking as if he intends to hug the other, but stops himself and holds out his hand instead, suddenly gaining a composure that fits his face much more than the frantic excitement.

 

“Seokjin.”

 

Yoongi takes his hand and Seokjin’s grip is strong.

 

“Yoongi.”

 

“I’m glad you’re here,” Seokjin smiles.  

 

Yoongi tries to return it but is glancing over Seokjin’s shoulder at the dragon looking on curiously.

 

“Don’t mind him, he’s nice.”

 

Yoongi nods slowly.

 

“Anyways, come in,” Seokjin takes his hand and pulls him into the cave.

 

It gets darker and darker to the point where Yoongi is glad Seokjin is holding on to him because he couldn’t see his own hand in front of his face if he wanted.  However, a flicker of light makes itself evident around a corner and as they round it, the fire comes into view.  

 

“His hoard is further that way,” Seokjin points back to the direction they were originally headed.

 

“What does he hoard?”

 

“Silks.  Expensive fabrics in general but mostly silks.”

 

Seokjin’s clothing suddenly makes more sense for having been here over a year.

 

“Are you some kind of expert tailor?”

 

“Of sorts,” Seokjin grins to himself.

 

The cave opens into a cavern, lit by the fire in the center of the round room.  Around it are several logs, some split down the middle to create a flat surface.  One such is pushed against the wall, covered with what seems like piles of fabrics.  Across the space, mismatched boxes are filled to the tops with curious looking lumps wrapped in similar fabric.  Seokjin walks up to one such and picks up one of these lumps, peeling away the fabric to reveal a loaf of bread.  He hands it to Yoongi.

 

“He brings back plenty of food and I’m a decent cook, even with such limited resources, so don’t worry about that okay?”

 

Yoongi bites off a mouthful of the stale bread in response.  Seokjin smiles at him again.  That smile makes him feel safe.

 

“I’m glad you’re here; there’s not much to do but I’m glad it’s not just me anymore.”

 

Yoongi manages some kind of smile as he chews.



 

---



 

It happens about a month later.

 

“It’s just been so long since I saw another person, much less…”

 

Seokjin tastes a little bit like smoke from a wood fire.



 

----



 

Footsteps echoing off the cave walls startle Yoongi from his light sleep.  The makeshift mattress, stuffed with all kinds of fabric and sewn shut, pressed against the flat side of a halved log, shifts under him as he sits up.  Seokjin is still snoring but Yoongi reaches and shakes him awake.  He mumbles a gentle “what?” and rubs his eyes.

 

The footsteps round the corner to their familiar little cavern and Yoongi squints at the way the fire reflects off all the armour.  He can’t imagine why someone would polish their armour so much to go out somewhere but to each their own.  The man inside said armour has some kind of proud upward turn to his lips and when he makes eye contact with Yoongi it becomes a full heart shaped smile.  

 

“Hello!” Yoongi flinches at the man’s tone, “My name is Hoseok and I’m here to save you both!”

 

“Save us…? Seokjin,” Yoongi slaps the older’s arm and he sits up beside the former.

 

“Yeah, from the dragon!”

 

“Dragon… Wait, where is he?” Yoongi rubs sleep from an eye before starting from the bed, “Did you do something to him?”

 

Hoseok’s smile drops and he looks at Yoongi confused.

 

“No?  I didn’t see it.”

 

“Oh my god Seokjin get up,”  Yoongi tugs on Seokjin’s arm, “You,” he points at Hoseok, “Need to get out.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“If he finds you and you hurt him somehow I swear to god…” Seokjin chimes in, moving forward to push Hoseok towards the front of the cave.  Hoseok lets Seokjin push him until they’re in the moonlight on the cliff outside before stopping him.

 

“I don’t understand?” He says hesitantly.

 

“We don’t need saving.” Seokjin says.  Yoongi nods behind him.

 

“Okay then um……”  Hoseok looks away and makes a face like he’s thinking.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I don’t have a way down this mountain.”



 

-----



 

The mattress is crowded with three but a week later when they’re sitting together with their feet hanging off the edge of the cliff and Yoongi nearly slips, Seokjin knows he wouldn’t have been the one strong enough to keep him steady.