Chapter 1

Fix

    Taehyung stared at the reflection before him, a hand running through his chocolate brown hair as he tugged at the ends of each individual strands. He’d been standing in front of the bathroom mirror for quite a while now, the mirror finally clearing up from the steam that remained from his shower. The longer he looked, the more he felt like his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets. The dark circles under his eyes seemed to droop down his face, almost… leaking black. He often had to shake his head to get the image of himself back to normal. This wasn’t out of the ordinary; Taehyung often had moments where his vision seemed to play tricks on him. He wasn’t sure when it really started, but he knew it was something other people didn’t experience. He had always been a very imaginative person, always able to make something out of nothing, and what used to be one of his creative little past times had turned into one of his biggest hindrances. 

    See, it had started off small. Small specks of colourful light, bouncing around the room he was in. He had tried to catch them when he was younger, but gave up when he reached his mid teens when his classmates told him it was “weird how he would stare and reach out in front of him for nothing”. It’s not like he minded being weird, his mother always told him that being weird was another way of being unique, something he always liked being. However this time, this weirdness sat in the depths of his mind, being misunderstood by both him and those around him, becoming more and more of just another bothersome part of his life.

    “Taehyung! Are you done? You’ve been in the shower for almost an hour now!” he heard Jimin yell, impatiently. Once Taehyung was sure that his eyes were indeed where they were supposed to be, he unlocked the door and stepped out, the cold air of the dorm washing over him as a chill crept up his spine.

    “Sorry, I thought I had a blemish… but it turns out, Hyung, did you know I have a mole right between my—“ 

    “Nope! I don’t know, I don’t care, I just wanna .” Jimin interrupted, pushing past the younger into the washroom. Taehyung chuckled, thinking that his excuse had convinced his hyung, and walked back into his shared bedroom. Hoseok was already laying on the bottom bunk, sprawled out with a comic book at hand, his eyebrows fused together in concentration. He smiled at the elder, infatuated with how totally into it he was. Jung Hoseok was always someone Taehyung looked up to. No matter the activity, whether it be physically or mentally gruelling, the older boy would emit sunshine out of every part of his being. It came naturally to Hoseok, and Taehyung knew that his kindness was never fake. 

    However, in the darkness of  the night he also knew the other side to Jung Hoseok, the dark, haunted part of him that worried endlessly about anything and everything. The Hoseok that would often wake him up in the middle of the night to ask him questions like if he was “really necessary” or if he did well enough during the day’s performances. He knew the Hoseok that was terrified of failing those around him, the one who struggled with his identity as a member of Bangtan, and he loved him. If Taehyung was sure of anything, it was that he loved Hoseok, completely and wholly. And the nights they spent together tangled underneath the bed sheets sticky with each other’s sweat and had told him anything, it was that Hoseok loved him too. 

    Taehyung sat down on the edge of the bed, reaching out to Hoseok’s hair, to which the latter looked up and instantly smiled at. God how beautiful that smile was. Taehyung often wondered if there was anything more perfect than his smile, but then he was reminded by the rest of him during the hours of long dance practices and time spent recording— his body and his voice should be illegal for the amount of implosions it caused deep within his heart. 

    “Tae~ Do you want to read too?” he offered, motioning at a stack of comic books laying on the floor next to the bed. To this Taehyung just shook his head, and draped himself over Hoseok’s back. The elder chuckled and wiggled, adjusting to his weight before settling back into a comfortable position.

    “Hyung,” Taehyung said, breaking the silence between the two, “Do you ever see weird things? Or, you know… like hear things?”

    “See or hear things, huh?” Hoseok thought about it briefly, “What do you mean?”

    “Like, do you ever look at something you see everyday and have it suddenly look… I don’t know, weird?” the younger said, fiddling with a loose thread he had found.

    “Nope, I don’t think so. You sure think of odd things, Tae.” Hoseok replied, turning his head to eye his friend. 

    Taehyung sighed. This definitely confirmed his thoughts. This definitely was not normal. The doctors had told him before, that he could be treated for it, that a lot of people suffered the same illness he did. But how was he supposed to let anyone know that if he wanted to become an idol? Who would take him seriously if they knew of the nightmares that kept him awake every night and the constant visions disturbing his every waking moment? How could he possibly expect people to respect him as V of Bangtan if they knew that he was a schizophrenic? 

    “Are you alright?” Hoseok nudged Taehyung, bringing him out of his thoughts. The younger immediately put back on his signature grin, and nodded at his hyung.

    “I was just wondering if you could see my friends, you know,” he replied, looking into the air in front of them, “Teokki and Pinku.” 

    At this Hoseok just laughed, his brown hair bouncing with the jolly movements of his head as he bobbled. That’s all he knew. That’s all anyone ever knew. Taehyung, 4D V, as he was called. Blank Tae, always staring off into space. Most people mistook him for naive and clueless, maybe even stupid. Which is just what he wanted. As long as he was someone that could be loved by the public, someone who appealed to the fans; everyone would be happy with him. He was V of Bangtan, not some nobody who could afford to play around with his image. And that was the resolution he had made before signing the contract with BigHit Entertainment. This is who he needed to be; the carefree and other worldly Taehyung everyone had grown to know him as. 

    “Sometimes they like to play tricks on me, hyung,” Taehyung whined, rolling next to the older boy, “Such a troublesome pair.” 

    “Just like you, hah?” Hoseok chirped, turning onto his side to face the wad of burgundy hair. He reached out to brush away a stray piece, a motion in which Taehyung leaned into, closing his eyes as he rested his cheek inside of Hoseok’s palm,

    “I’m not that mischievous, not nearly as much as them!” the younger retorted, his eyes remaining closed as he stuck out his lower lip. Hoseok took it as an opportunity to peck him lightly on the lips before rubbing his nose against the other’s.

    “I know Tae. Anyways, it’s late. Let’s sleep now, okay?” he suggested, shifting around and pulling the blanket from underneath them so it covered the two of them. Taehyung hooked his leg over the elder’s waist and closed his eyes, breathing in the sent of his lover before making a clicking sound with his tongue.

    “Hyung.”

    “Hm?” Hoseok hummed, already comfortably cuddled up to his precious alien.

    “Who’s gonna turn off the light?”

    Silence. Taehyung opened one of his eyes to see Hoseok and his disgruntled expression. That itself made him erupt in a fit of laughter.

    “I guess I’ll do it then.” Taehyung managed to say after his laughing attack had died down. He got up slowly, pulling himself away from Hoseok like a strip of toffee being torn from the main piece before reaching as far as he could in front of him, not wanting to completely leave the warmth of the bed.

    Taehyung.

    His head snapped around, only to see Hoseok laying peacefully on his side, still waiting for him to return. What the …? He knew he had heard someone say his name, but the voice didn’t belong to any of the members. It was eery, childlike, with a slight rasp. The way it had pronounced the ‘h’ in his name sounded almost as if it were about to cough. Taehyung shook his head. Not now. He quickly clicked off the lightswitch and jumped back into bed with Hoseok, scrambling under the covers as if he was afraid the dark would grab hold of any limbs left outside of the sheets and drag him away. He rested his head in the crook of Hoseok’s neck, his lips ghosting over the pale flesh of his collarbone as he focused on the steady sound of his heartbeat. 

    “Goodnight, Tae baby~” Hoseok yawned, nuzzling his chin into Taehyung’s hair.

    “Sleep tight, hyung.”

    Sweet dreams, Taehyung. Kekeke…

    That same voice. The younger boy broke into a cold sweat, hoping Hoseok wouldn’t notice his shaking. Ignore it, it’ll go away. He though, trying zone in on the sound of the elder’s rhythmic breathing, a futile attempt to distract himself from the creepy feeling of having someone hovering over his shoulder.

    You can’t run from me.


Oh golly, the first chapter is out.. I hope you guys will enjoy this. Please leave a comment if you have any commentary, it really means a lot <3