❄ twelve ❄

❄ wιnd en lυcнт ❄

❄  Let It Go 

 

Elsa merely observes him for a little, before her large blue eyes dart between Minseok and the kneeling boy. Minseok nudges Jongdae, hoping he’d get up from kneeling on the cold tiles, but Jongdae remains stubborn—if Minseok had gotten in any trouble because of him, he would do anything to repay it. Even if Elsa never lets him up.

Minseok frowns, opening his mouth to speak, but his mother beat him.

“You’re Jongdae?”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

And to everyone’s amazement, Elsa smiles softly. Minseok, too, stares in disbelief.

“You may get up, Jongdae.”

“Thank you.” And even so, Jongdae waits a few respectful seconds until he rises, absent-mindedly dusting off his cloak. “Your Majesty, I’ve come to properly apologise for—”

“For befriending my son?” the corners of Elsa’s lips twitch the slightest into a smile. “You’re funny, Jongdae.”

Minseok, slowly, breaks out into a measured smile, turning to his mother. “So now that you’ve seen him, what do you think?”

Elsa returns Minseok’s smile, almost playfully. “I think I’ve made a mistake.” Minseok warms instantly. Elsa turns back to Jongdae, still standing in the snow in the doorway, and holds out a hand. “It should be me who apologises.”

Poor Jongdae looked baffled. “N-no, no, I—”

“Let me fix my mistake, Jongdae.” Elsa sends Minseok another smile. “Come in—don’t worry about the snow—Welcome to Arendelle, Jongdae. You and your family.”

Jongdae blinks, unsurely grasping Elsa’s hand to shake, only for him to be pulled indoors into the entrance hall.

“You must send your parents my most sincere apologies,” Elsa was saying as she lead the way into the grand sitting room, with servants already preparing Jongdae some hot tea.

Jongdae slips off his coat, with Minseok linked on his arm, beaming at him.

Minseok only shrugs happily.

“So seeing as you’re going to be coming over much more often,” Minseok sits Jongdae down on a soft armchair. “I hope you don’t mind the snow and stuff—tends to happen around this household.”

Jongdae laughs, wrapping his fingers around the mug. “That’s perfectly fine—I’ve never really been bothered by the cold as much as other people anyway.”

 

A hand gently rubs Elsa’s shoulder as she sits and watches the two with a small smile.

“See? I told you so,” Jack whispers with a playful grin, with his hand still resting across Elsa’s shoulder, with his eyes watching his son and the other young prince in amusement.

“I really think I should properly apologise to Punzie,” Elsa sighs softly.

Jack, after a few short minutes of observing his snow queen, lifts his hand from her shoulder to softly brush his thumb across her cheek. “It’s okay, Snowflake. It’ll be fine.”

Elsa glances up at him, a pretty uncertain smile on her lips, which Jack returns before leaning down to peck her cheek.

 

(credits to artist)

 

 

 

Our fairytale is, unfortunately, drawing to a close.

With the snow Queen’s acceptance, Jongdae became a welcome figure in the castle of Arendelle. As much as Minseok loves Jongdae’s home town across the Demark Sea, in order to preserve the year-long fair weather in Corona, Jongdae is welcome to stay with Minseok’s family in the castle in Arendelle under the watchful eyes of Elsa and Jack.

Jongdae wastes no time befriending everybody in town, and even Elsa, little by little, slowly gives her word for her son to start venturing out of the castle with Jongdae in imperfect weathers.

And ironically, the weather in Arendelle has never been better—like how the everlasting winter caused by Elsa was lifted all those years ago with her sister’s love and sacrifice, Minseok and Jongdae have never been happier together, and thus, the weather shows the town pleasant sunshine.

Minseok, too, now finds standing in the rain his favourite hobby in the world, and when Jongdae joins them and they sing and splash in the puddles together it’s made even better.

And when winter comes, natural snow falling, Jongdae gets the fright of his life finding a living snowman saunter in through the castle doors, but the two get along almost instantly. Infact, Jongdae’s bright personality and loveable antics and humour had him befriending everybody… almost everybody.

While Anna loves Jongdae’s charms and Jack is especially fond of Jongdae with their shared love for adventure, it took Jongdae months of helping Luhan clean the stables and feed the horse and reindeer for Luhan to slowly warm up to him (ironically).

As for Luhan… we aren’t quite up to his chapter of our fairytale yet, because we aren’t quite sure what Luhan entertains himself with while Jongdae takes his Minseok on adventures across the oceans. Perhaps while Minseok marvels at the pretty mermaids underwater Luhan’s meeting up with a charming young man, but that’s for you to decide.

Jongdae particularly loves taking Minseok to his favourite place in the entire world—Rapunzel’s famous tower, still preserved and as beautiful as her adolescent days when she still lived there.

Aside from Corona, which Minseok particularly loves, he’s fascinated by the exotic East, with beautiful dragons and genies that erupt from tiny lamps—he still doesn’t have any idea how Jongdae managed to get his hands on a flying carpet, but that was one of the best nights of his life.

However, I’m sure you already know those fantastical tales from different places around the world where our boys rode the wind to, and thus I think we should leave it here.

Thank you for sitting through this chapter of Minseok’s life, and let’s wish him happiness for the rest of it.

 

 

…And they lived Happily Ever After.