[EXO] Remembering a Past Love

[CLOSED] ❄ Winter Romance One-Shot Request Shop ❄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requester: suzume1223
OC Name: Park Yena
One-Shot Partner: EXO, Sehun
Genre: romance, sadness, fluff, drama

“Miracles in December” EXO

“Hey, girl! You want to meet up to do something today?” Yena asked cheerfully, bent over her toes to paint her nails in thematic green and red in honor of the holiday season.

“Uh, sorry, Yen. I’m getting together with family for the whole day. Maybe tomorrow.”

“Oh, that’s fine,” Yena replied, her cheerful tone sounding much more forced now. “I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Yeah. Sorry, Yen. I love you. Merry Christmas.” The phone call ended and Yena sighed, suddenly not feeling the festive holiday mood…if she had at all. Everybody seemed to be busy with their own lives—obviously, and she wasn’t complaining about that at all—except her. Her parents were overseas and her paycheck was coming in late from the university’s research center from her job as an intern, so she’d missed the deal to get discounted plane tickets back to the U.S. to visit her own family. Her friends were all spending their time with their own families or their significant others, and all nine friends she’d called had turned her down.

Nobody to blame but yourself for being such a loner, Yena grumbled to herself, hurriedly finishing her toenails and slumping backwards onto her couch. With nothing else to do, she the TV and aimlessly surfed the channels in search of something good to watch. The only drama she was watching these days was “Pinocchio,” and she was already caught up on the latest episode.

Freaking Choi Dalpo and Choi Inha… Yena muttered curses under her breath. Even if your lives are in states of turmoil, at least y’all have something to do, unlike myself.

“I’ll take a nap,” she said to nobody in particular and pulled the Snuggie over from the side of the couch, hugged a cushion, and closed her eyes. This only proved effective for so long because she caught a whiff of cologne that was only too familiar and her nose wrinkled in disgust. Her eyes shot open and she sat upright, practically throwing the cushion across the room to get the abhorring scent away from her.

It’s been how long and his smell is still polluting my furniture?! Yena felt her blood pressure rise from the anger of her ex-boyfriend’s memory. And I thought I’d be able to pass this Christmas without thinking of the dickhead. With a sigh at the possibility of a pleasant Christmas, even one spent alone, flying out the window, Yena sat up on her couch and glumly decided that she and peace just weren’t meant to be.

Upon accepting it, the memories she’d successfully kept locked away in the darkest and smallest crevices of her mind all began pouring back to the forefront and her fingers tightened around the velvety fabric of her couch cushions.

I hope he likes these! Yena thought, excitedly looking down at the nicely-wrapped box of expensive Godiva chocolates that she knew her boyfriend loved. She was a terrible gift wrapper, yet she’d learned and painstakingly used up five hours of her time just to try wrapping his gift so that it was perfect. I’ll be sure to remind him how amazing of a girlfriend I am when I give him these.

Once she’d finished getting ready, Yena slipped on her gloves, picked up the gift, and left her apartment with the intention of surprising her boyfriend at his place.

During the span of their three-year-relationship, he’d never once canceled on such an important occasion as Christmas. They’d always spent their Christmases together, especially because his parents were also overseas and the two found solace in each other’s presences. But Sehun had said his parents were coming to visit this one year, so he called off all their yearly plans to meet up at the movie theater, have dinner, and go shopping to spend time with them.

He won’t mind if I just stop by for a few moments, she shrugged. After all, his parents like me. They won’t think I’m an intruder or anything. She took the bus to her boyfriend’s apartment in suburban Seoul, a giddy bounce making her leave skidded footprints in the fresh fallen snow. This neighborhood wasn’t so crowded, which was why hardly anybody walked about in the evening around this time. As far as Yena could see, she was the only one around for miles.

That was what she thought…when she saw the two pairs of footprints that led to the opening of Sehun’s apartment. She didn’t think much of it. I guess some couple returned home after shopping or something.

When she arrived at Sehun’s door, she reached under the welcome mat laid out in front of it and d around for the key he always kept there. When she got a handle of it, she quietly and carefully inserted it into the keyhole and opened his door. An excited grin making its way onto her face, she slipped off her shoes and made sure the door closed noiselessly behind her. But one step in and she stumbled over something she didn’t see walking in.

Are those women’s shoes? She remembered that he was having family over and relaxed. They probably belong to a female cousin or something. Funny how there aren’t any other pairs of shoes. But she headed further into his apartment and noticed that it was silent.

Nobody was there except for her.

His mother wasn’t in the kitchen making dinner, his father wasn’t watching some American game with a pigskin ball on TV, and his cousins weren’t digging through the refrigerator and looking for something to eat. The only noise in the apartment seemed to be Yena’s confused heartbeats.

What’s going on? She slowly walked over to his bedroom door, which was slightly ajar, wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter