[B.A.P] Meet Me Halfway Down Memory Lane

[CLOSED] ❄ Winter Romance One-Shot Request Shop ❄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requester: ANONYMOUS
OC Name: Ahn Sowon
One-Shot Partner: B.A.P, Yongguk
Genre: very light angst, romance

“Happen Ending” Epik High ft. Jo Seowon

“Great practice today! Keep up the good work, ladies!” Hong Gil High School girls’ swim team filed into the locker rooms after a difficult practice and the captain of the team, Ahn Sowon, was in high spirits.

“Look at Miss Cap’n all smiles over there,” her best friend and co-captain of the team, Yeonji, teased as they retrieved their shower items and headed to the stalls. “What are you so happy about?”

“Because all my hours of extra practice after school—and my sacrificed GPA—turned out to be worth it,” Sowon replied. “At this rate, I’ll have a chance at beating out Maru High’s captain, which means I’ll qualify to swim at the national race in six months!” The national swim meet was everything Sowon worked for, especially since that was where all the national and even Olympic team recruiters congregated every year to get their pick of the cream of the crop. Last year, she hadn’t qualified by seconds of her race and she’d been absolutely heartbroken.

But this year, she was on fire and she knew it; she was so close to being recruited to the national team that she could practically feel the team jacket already hanging off of her shoulders, and she wasn’t going to let her long-time rival stand in her way.

She wasn’t going to let anyone stand in her way. And Yeonji knew it.

“You know, sometimes I think you need somebody to pull you back to the ground and remind you that there’s more to life than just swimming.” Aside from Yeonji’s teasing tone, both of them knew what she was really talking about. Sowon didn’t reply as she the water and let the heat relax her tensed muscles. The two best friends didn’t talk through the thin walls of the shower stalls until they were both out and getting dressed again next to their lockers.

“Have you talked to him since then?” Yeonji asked quietly as the two plugged in their hair dryers and began blow-drying their long, damp hair. Sowon wordlessly shook her head as her hair flew about her head. “Do you plan to?” Again, Sowon shook her head and felt a heavy sigh escape her lips unconsciously.

“I haven’t seen him in a year, Yeonji,” she muttered. “I think that’s a sign that he’s never coming back.”

She reminisced on her first and last relationship; she’d met Bang Yongguk at a café she liked to frequent on days she had too much on her mind, especially when it came to swimming. There was nothing better to treat a post-practice headache than a cup of her favorite gourmet hot chocolate with a dash of peppermint. And only Frothy Rims got the blend right to match her tastes.

He’d just happened to be there one day, giving a mellow rap performance to a full house. Every girl that night had left him their phone number, but he didn’t pay them any mind; he headed straight to the table in the back, where Sowon was sitting and moping over a stern lecture that her coach had given her for “slacking off,” and had offered to buy her another round of anything that would turn her frown upside-down.

That was the start of a relationship that spanned over the course of two seemingly-perfect years; he came to all her swim meets and she tried to make it to all his gigs, but sometimes her practice schedule conflicted with his performances. Regardless, he said he didn’t mind and the two continued in bliss until the differences in their personal dreams began causing problems for them. As time for Yongguk to go to college neared, he grew increasingly uncertain of what he really wanted to pursue in life, and while Sowon had wanted to be there for him, she had to be fully concentrated on swimming.

They’d been at the peak of their conflicts when she finally received a recruitment offer from an overseas swim team that competed—and often won—at the national level. She’d been a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter