Chapter one

Winter Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘FIND YOUR TRUE LOVE AT DESTINY CAFÉ'

 

The bright yellow flyers tacked to telephone poles and walls in the neighborhood of Gangnam, were definitely attention getters, no doubt about it.

 

But was it the truth? Or was it only advertising?

 

Choi Sooyoung had hoped for truth, but she'd been waiting for her date to show up for almost one and a half hour and there was no sign of him yet. She peered out of the window toward the christmas-light-colored street, seeing the snow fall down. Mostly seeing the small but busy café behind her reflected in the glass, as well as a woman wearing a bit too much makeup. One who could really use a brush at the moment to tame her wild mane of thick black hair.

 

‘Who goes on a blind date on Christmas day anyway?' She silently asked herself. ‘I mean, how pathetic is that?'

 

She let out a long shaky breath. Good question. When she'd set it up, she'd just looked at it as nothing more than a Thursday, not realizing the actual date.

 

It was fifteen minutes past seven o'clock. She'd wait until seven-forty five and that was it. If her date hadn't shown by then, she'd buy- she glanced over at the counter and eyed the delicious looking baked goods- half a dozen of blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, a red velvet cake and holiday-themed candies with Santa Claus and Christmas tree shape. Of course, that would blow her attempt to eat healthy this week, but it would be totally worth it.

 

Ten more minutes passed. She watched couples come and go from the café, holding hands and kissing, much sweeter than the sugary treats lining the shelves. It was starting to make her feel nauseous.

 

She glared at her reflection in the window again, depressed. She was twenty-five. Twenty five and utterly, totally single. Normally, this wasn't something that bothered her much, but on this Christmas Day it just seemed...lonely. Especially when one's date wasn't in any hurry to arrive.

 

Her phone vibrated and she grabbed it, figuring it was going to be her date apologizing for his tardiness. But no, it was another number. A familiar one that brought a smile to her lips.

 

She held her iphone to her ear. “Uh-huh?"

 

“Why don't you ever say hello to me like normal people do?" Choi Siwon asked.

 

“Too busy, Choi. I'm currently shoveling high-fat, sugared co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter