Paint

Back Home

I looked up at the white empty ceiling. Why did it look so sad? Everything in my new apartment felt sad, including myself. After Namjoon dropped me home from school yesterday, I didn’t see any of my new neighbours all night, then again, why would I?

I sighed and rolled out of my bed. This apartment needs colour. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, and changed into some comfy skinny jeans and a pale blue top. Today was Saturday, thank god. At least I had 2 day until I had to go back to school, at least I have 2 days to come to terms with the fact I have to go back there again.

I looked at the clock, 9AM, hmm slightly early but who cares, I was doing what I wanted to today.

I rode the elevator to the bottom floor, and stopped when I realised I had no money or no clue where I was going. Crap.

I was about to call the elevator again when I heard a sound from the doorman’s office, and that’s when an idea came to me.

I looked down at the name card, ‘Jang Nameun’ what is it with everyone’s last name being Jang?

“Mr Jang-ssi? Doorman?” I heard a few papers scatter around and then the door opened.

“Oh…oh, floor 8! Yes. What can I do for you?”

“I was just wondering if you knew a Taxi number that could get me to…the shopping district “He nodded and walked back inside, seconds later he returned with two cards.

“This, is a brilliant taxi service” He handed me the square of cardboard.

“And this… Was dropped off here before you arrived, I am sorry I forgot to give it to you…” He scratched his head and looked away, giving me the piece of plastic.

‘Ahn Hana: BigHitEnt.’ A company card, really? I rolled my eyes and laughed slightly, well there solves my money problem. I bowed to the door man after borrowing his phone to call a taxi.

About 5 minutes later I was standing on the sidewalk of a long shopping street. Right, priorities. Shoes! (I need new trainers to at least try and coordinate with my disgusting uniform colours) and paint… (To make the soul apartment of death livelier)

I asked a kind looking lady where the nearest shoe store was, and she directed me down this long street, around the corner, turn right again, then left, and then down 2 shops. Heck.

It took me about 10 minutes to walk there, but I was glad I did. The place was like 3 stories high and full of shoes ordered in colour. I asked an assistant for my size of about 7 different pairs of trainers and came out with 3. A horrible mustard colour, which would match my blazer, a cute navy pair with white bows, and some black ones with yellow stars on.

Before I left, I asked a staff member where the nearest home deco shop was, and to my luck, it was just around the corner.

The store was massive, around about 10 stories high. As I entered, I was welcomed by a pained looking woman. I suppose it gets frustrating, having to stand there and continuously welcome anyone who comes inside. I checked the wall for the map of the shop, and found the paint was on floor 4.

I approached the stairs, however they were closed for cleaning, so I had to wait for the lift. The door pinged open, and I moved aside for the worker who had a trolley with him. I waited for about 10 seconds, but I got impatient.

“Excuse m-” I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a sly chuckle. My trained eyes moved from the ground, slowly up the worked. His uniform was Green and beige, with a white lanyard, which had a card in labelling: *Hello…My name is ____ How can I help?*

Wait. Hang on. I heard another chuckle as I took another look at the name card.

“Hello, my name is Jackson, How can I help?” His voice made me jump, which he smirked at. Im really unsure on this guy, he seems like the schools um…bad boy? I felt the tiniest bit intimidated.

“Well, are you getting in?” He raised an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and edged into the elevator. It’s okay Hana, just ignore him.

Right, fourth floor. I closed the door and pressed the button, ignoring Jackson’s obvious gaze.

“It’s strange right? That we even have a fourth floor…it’s considered unlucky if you think ab- Yah. You didn’t even ask what floor I needed.” He tutted and cancelled the stop at floor four, and pressed 7. Oh, it’s on.

“Do you mind? You didn’t need to cancel my stop.” I reached for the number four, but he grabbed my wrist.

I looked up at him with wide questioning eyes.

“Just listen to what I ha- OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” He jumped up and grabbed his foot, which I had just stood on, hard. I cancelled floor seven, and got out on my floor as soon as possible, leaving a yowling Jackson behind.

For the next hour I walked constantly through about 50 aisles of paint, with a smile of accomplishment on my face. Just I was about to give up, as I couldn’t choose a definitive colour, I happened upon a special offer row.  ‘Buy two tins of chalk board paint, get a set of 20 chalkboard markers free!’ Hmm, chalkboard paint?

I left the store with 4 tins of paint, and 2 sets of free markers. I liked this idea, the fact that I could customize the walls depending on my mood, or write notes to myself.

I entered the apartment complex and waited for lift, and heard a call just before the doors shut on me

“Hold that lift!” My hand sprung out and stopped the doors from closing, waiting for whoever it was. An out of breath Jung kook got into the lift with me, he was sweaty and had earphones in, like he’d just been running or something. He seemed surprised to see me.

“Oh…oh, Hana, hey” He nodded slightly to me and I returned it. He looked around awkwardly, and then focused on my shopping bags, which he took from me immediately.

“Ill carry them.” I looked at him startled.

“Don’t worry! Im not trying to steal your stuff…this is heavy anyway, what is it?” He peered in a bag and looked slightly excited.

“Are you decorating? I love decorating? Im really good at drawing too. Chalkboard paint, does that mean you can draw on it? I could draw you something…” He trailed off, as if he was speaking to himself, which made me giggle slightly.

The lift opened and we entered my apartment.

“Put the bags on the kitchen side, please, and thanks for carrying them, you didn’t have to.” I smiled lightly at him, which he nodded to. He turned around and slowly walked towards the door.

“Wait…” He shot round, his wise eyes full of excitement, and eager to know what I was going to say. I chuckled.

“Yes, you can help me decorate.” He did a little jump of happiness.

“Okay, I need to pop upstairs, but I’ll be down in about 10 minutes, okay?” He nodded and darted out of my apartment without another word. I stood there in silence for a minute. Crap.

I darted up to my wardrobe and pulled out some cute, but old denim shorts and an old but again cute hoodie and threw them on. I ran into the bathroom swilled my face, and quickly reapplied some light makeup, before throwing my hair up into a messy bun.

Just as I entered my kitchen again, he came through the door, which he must have left open. He had his sleeves rolled up, 2 paint brushes, some small bucked things and about 50 newspapers.

“Right, put a few sheets of paper around the edges of the room, so nothing drips, and I’ll get the tins open.” He had a game face on, yet he looked excited at the same time.

“Yes sir!” He giggled at my enthusiasm and started hacking away at the impossible tins, whilst I pasted the floors in paper.

It was 5PM when we started painting. It took us 5 hours to get just one wall coated three times.
Well, it’s going to be a long, long night. 


A/N: 

Wooooooow I feel like I haven’t updated in agessssssss, sorry! School is a stress! Im also looking for prom dresses, which is an even bigger stress.
anyway,ive also had an idea for a new fic, nam joon is the main in this (my man) you can read the foreword here :D

thanks for reading, please sub and comment!  :)