Day 1

Baby Love

Luhan was one of those people who never managed to take a vacation nor take a break even though his superiors told him so. His priority was his work. He thought he couldn’t leave his clients for that long. They needed him as much as he could remember.

 

It was difficult to justify a vacation for himself especially he has unsteady schedule and filed up cases. But then, after working two years overtime, handling different cases, he finally manage to take a break. Mostly because it was necessary for him. He was human after all. 

 

He thought a few days of not thinking about work could go a long way to recharge his body after the long run, fatigue and stressful years he had.

 

 “Enjoy yourself, Han,” Luhan said in a low tone voice when he arrived at Incheon International airport. He smiled and exhaled deeply.  “Hmm. What should I do first? Shop? Sight-seeing?” 

 

Reminding himself on what to do, he grabbed a note out from his bag. He was smiling at the thought of what he had written.

 

The things to do in Seoul. Once in a lifetime chance: Go home or enjoy!

  • Eat different kinds of food
  • Enjoy a lazy afternoon at a coffee shop
  • See the sunrise
  • Take photos of some cute guys
  • Get lost in the streets
  • Lose yourself in a bar experience
  • Do Gangnam style in the Gangnam district
  • Go to the world’s largest indoor theme park, Lotte World
  • Declare everlasting love from Seoul’s most scenic point (Namsan Tower)
  • IMPORTANT: To get laid with a stranger 

 

 

Despite he had written enough things he wanted to do during his 14 days in Seoul, it was the last thing that all that matters to him, getting laid! 

 

 “I better leave my baggage first at the hotel and get lost in the streets,” Luhan whispered to himself. 

 

 

*♡*

 

 

When he arrived at one of the busiest streets in Seoul, Luhan noticed a cute kid in front of him. He and the kid were both going in the same direction on the left lane. And all of a sudden, he was taken by surprise when he saw the kid move to cross the pedestrian lane despite the stop light being lit. As his instinct hit him, he suddenly grabbed the kid, enveloping his whole body around the small one to protect her from being hit by the car.

 

All the people on the street were staring at him. Luhan was dizzy enough to mind them. He could feel his right elbow break into pieces as his left palm felt numb. The incident was too fast. All he could remember was he was trying to save a kid from being side swept by a car.

 

“Damn! Oh My God!” The driver stepped his right foot on the brake pedal. He could see a man on the verge of collapsing from being hit by his car. He was shocked from the gut-knotting-tension that was happening. Every nerve in his body felt stressed out. “Jaejin I’ll call you later I... I just hit a man and I don’t think he’s okay.” He quickly ended the call in speaker mode, removed his seat belt, and stood up from his seat. He mumbled scared of what was happening and ran in front of his car as he saw a guy crying in pain, holding the wide scratch on his elbow, and a kid whose entire body the guy was wrapped around.

 

Fortunately, the impact of the crash hadn't struck near Luhan’s head. He had not been hit and thrown by the car in a forceful way.

 

“Are you okay?” The driver asked, looking at the guy he had hit. But, curiosity struck him when he saw the guy who looked like a foreigner. “Ahhhh. You’re not Korean, are you?” The driver added, helping the injured guy to stand up.

 

“I’m not Korean and I’m not okay. I think I just broke my elbow and –” Luhan looked at the kid in front of him who was crying. “– baby girl are you okay? Where’s your mom?”

 

The kid didn’t reply.

 

Upon noticing the guy and the kid weren’t relatives nor knew each other, the driver had difficulty deciding. What should I do? The kid is still sobbing and not responding. Should I bring them to the hospital first? Or should I report a lost kid first? Please think straight.

 

After battling where to go, the driver finally decided to bring the kid and the guy to the nearest hospital for treatment.

 

The atmosphere inside the car was quiet when the driver decided to have a conversation with the guy beside him. He managed to vocalize how fluent the guy was with his Hangul even though he was not a Korean citizen. He also told the guy he would be accompanying them to the hospital and paying the bills and other necessities needed in the hospital.

 

Out of curiosity, the driver couldn’t help but asked the guy how he ended up hugging the kid when he saw them. Where he came from? And what he was doing in Seoul?

 

Luhan stared at the driver. He had been so frightened the past few minutes that he didn’t notice how stunning the driver was. He replied to him with gratitude and thanked the driver for not leaving them behind. He then told him that he was from Beijing and he came to Seoul to have a vacation, ending up telling about the accident.

 

The driver took a quick glance at the foreigner when he heard that he had saved the life of the kid. Seriously, there are still people who would risk their life to save people? What a brave soul.

 

In the middle of their conversation, Luhan was undecided whether to ask the driver’s name. Basically he needed to know so he forced himself to act normally and asked the question naturally.

 

The driver didn’t think twice as he gave his name to the foreigner. “I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself earlier. I’m Kim Minseok. And you? What’s your name?”

 

“Luhan,” he replied smugly.

 

They were almost near the hospital when they hear the kid spoke up in a soft voice, “Where are we going?”

 

“To the hospital baby, uncle Minseok will get you and uncle Luhan treated,” Minseok replied, adjusting his rear-view mirror to look up at the kid who was sitting at the back of the car.

 

*♡*

Luhan’s wound had bruises, scrapes, and small cuts reaching up to his shoulder. The doctor immediately advised the nurse to give a first aid for Luhan’s elbow. The nurse nodded and started washing Luhan’s scrapes, ushering him afterwards on the way to the X-RAY laboratory. 


After minutes of waiting, the nurse finally handed the X-RAY examination result to the assigned doctor of Luhan. Luckily, Luhan's condition was all good except he needed to treat the wounds on his elbow with a clean non-adherent dressing and covered it with a triangular sling bandage to support his upper body injury in a moment.

 

After all the treatment Luhan received, he directly went to Minseok and the kid’s room. He caught the kid crying and looked so downright petrified. As expected, no kid would love a doctor, considering that most kids didn't like being handled by an unfamiliar person, let alone the fact that there was a chance they might get shots.


The on-duty doctor started asking the kid some typical questions, brushing her hair gently but the kid was so stiff not letting the doctor to even touch her.

 

Luhan was standing near the door frame, watching how the kid was so uncomfortable from her seat. He felt bad for the kid but there was nothing he could do. The kid needed treatment for her own good.

 

For a moment, the atmosphere inside the small room was quiet, until the kid started sobbing on her seat when the doctor started to communicate with her again.

 

Feeling afraid, the kid jumped up from her seat and ran towards Minseok, who was seated on the corner part of the room.

 

Minseok lifted the kid up to his lap and wiped the kid’s tears using his thumb. “Don’t cry.”

 

“Hyejeong wants to go h-ome.”  So the kid’s name was Hyejeong.

 

“Hyejeong-ie? Hyejeong is your name?” Minseok's voice was soft when he asked.

 

Hyejeong nodded twice, her shoulders trembling a little.  “U-uncle?” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“I-I want to go home.” A tear kept rolling down her face as she sobbed into her little hands. 

 

“Okay, stop crying now your eyeslids are so puffy and your nose is so red already. Do you remember where do you live? Where do you think uncle Minseok will send you?”

 

Hyejeong shook her head.

 

“Is there any place where uncle Minseok can send you?” Minseok asked once again.

 

Hyejeong was quiet for a moment after which she replied, “In your house.”

 

Minseok gave Hyejeong a small smile. “But you are not allowed to go to my house directly without notifying the police officers about the incident. How about your parent’s name, do you remember them?”

 

Hyejeong shook her head again, wiping her tears.

 

Minseok looked so sad upon realizing that the kid could possibly be homeless. “Okay for the mean time you’re going to stay at uncle Minseok’s place but before that let’s get you treated first. The doctor will help you to get better.” Minseok carried Hyejeong back to her previous seat.

 

“Noooo, Hyejeong wants to go home now,” the kid insisted. She started crying again and kicking her tiny feet.

 

“Doc, what should I do?” Minseok asked with a worried face.

 

Looking at the situation, the doctor just advised Minseok to let Hyejeong have comprehensive physical exams, a complete health assessment to screen any broken bones or any discomfort she had had during the accident.

 

After receiving the note from the doctor, Minseok and Luhan accompanied Hyejeong in all laboratory rooms in the hospital. They went here from there almost memorizing the rooms inside the hospital.  And after waiting for the results, Minseok and Luhan showed a cute smile of relief to each other after hearing Hyejeong’s physical lab results and examinations were fine.

 

*♡*

 

It wasn’t long until Minseok, Luhan and Hyejeong, left the hospital. The two adults immediately reported a lost child at the police station. Since no one knew the whereabouts and the parents of the child, Minseok asked the police officer if he could bring Hyejeong to his home.


The police officer agreed but he needed to fill up some form and leaved some identification cards for them to allow him to bring Hyejeong along with him, if possible, if they have found the parents of the child they would contact him on the contact number Minseok had given.

 

*♡*

 

“Can you press for the 8th floor?” Luhan heard Minseok say. He then pressed the button 8 and closed sign.

 

Inside the elevator, Minseok’s mind stayed with Luhan and Hyejeong, locked with regret and dismay for the scenes they had experienced for the whole day. The flashback of his own doings filled him with regret and lament. The clatter of the elevator door broke through his thoughts as he realized they had come to a stop on his floor.

 

Minseok was carrying Hyejeong on his arms, tailing Luhan with them as they walked across the long corridor towards his room. He asked a favour to Luhan if he could get the key from his pocket.

 

Luhan nodded. He used his freehand to get the key from Minseok’s pocket.

 

Minseok waited until Luhan took out his key and opened the lock of his door.

 

Luhan turned around to say something to Minseok. “Minseok, I need to go.” 

 

 “Oh no please stay.”

 

 “I don’t think I can stay at your place. I have a hotel reservation already. Maybe... I’ll just stay there.”

 

Minseok hesitated again. “No... I mean please don’t leave me alone. I mean ahhh we both need to return Hyejeong to her family first. Don't we? Ahhh And I can’t handle this situation by myself.” Okay. He sounded like an idiot as he couldn't articulate his words properly, but at that moment Minseok wanted a company. And the truth, he was still frightened by the situation. 

 

Luhan saw the flicker of sadness in Minseok’s eyes, even in the dim lightning of Minseok’s door entrance. He told himself that it shouldn’t bother him. But it did. In the end, he stayed at Minseok’s place for the night, cancelling his hotel reservation.

 

Minseok closed the apartment door and pressed his face on Hyejeong’s cheek, who was still sleeping against his shoulder. He directly brought the kid to the guest room.

 

Luhan was already sitting on the couch when Minseok stepped out from the guest room. He said he could sleep on the living room but Minseok insisted that he could sleep on his room as the latter didn't want him to catch up a cold from the cold weather.

 

Luhan thought it would be awkward sleeping in one room with Minseok but then he couldn't resist how thoughtful Minseok was.

 

“You can sleep there,” Minseok said, pointing on the sofa bed not too far from his bed.

 

Luhan nodded and then looked down at his clothes with blood stain. His eyes certainly looked helpless.

 

Minseok could sense that Luhan needed a help. He was not insensitive enough not to feel it. “Hmmm. Do you want me to help you change your clothes? I don’t think you can change them alone,” he asked stiffly, feeling righteously vindicated.


Luhan’s eyes moved away from his shirt and flitted to the bag in front of him. He clicked the password on his bag, slowly grabbing the sweater and the baggy pants.


“I will close my eyes if I help you change,” Minseok added, in a breath, barely supressing another sigh.


“I’m glad for your initiative to help me.” Luhan’s voice was laced with gentleness. He stared in wonder at Minseok. How could they be so comfortable in hours? It made him baffle.

 

It was clear to Minseok that he needed to help Luhan at all costs. He wasted not a moment as he walked straight to Luhan. As he was already standing in front of him, he closed his eyes, his hands lingered on Luhan’s shoulders just a beat longer than necessary before he moved back to Luhan’s arms.

 

“Minseok, open your eyes first, I think we should find way first on how to remove my sweater without removing my bandage,” Luhan said.

 

Minseok opened his eyes as his attention was snatched on how to remove the sweater from Luhan’s upper body. “Yeah right! Should we cut your sweater? Is it okay for you?” He asked. He didn’t wait for Luhan’s reply as he quickly went to the right corner of his room, looking for the scissors inside the drawer of the cabinet.

 

“Ahhhh.” Luhan’s voice was toneless as he concentrated on the scissors in Minseok’s hand. “Do you think it’s really necessary to cut my sweater?” His eyes drifted from the scissors, travelling to Minseok’s face.

 

“Actually, I don’t have any idea on what should I do.” Minseok felt saddened. Seriously he was running out of ideas.

 

“Then, how about we remove my sling bandage first? My elbow doesn’t hurt that much now.” Luhan suggested.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Luhan replied with a nod. He was aware that Minseok’s hands were shaking when he tried to remove the sling behind his neck. He wanted to tell Minseok not to tremble, but he continued not to tell it.

 

Minseok then closed his eyes again.“Luhan, I’ll gently remove your sweater now.” Minseok lay his left hand on the top of Luhan’s head as his right hand was pulling Luhan’s sweater upwards against Luhan’s upper body.

 

“Minseok?”

 

“Yes?” Minseok answered, feeling the tension and certain stiffness of his torso. He was too afraid that Luhan’s right elbow and shoulder might hurt again.

 

“You are lifting my sweater weirdly and holding my head unnecessarily,” Luhan complained, but his voice was uneasy rather than irritated.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“I think it’s okay if you open your eyes. Well the nurses in the hospital didn’t give malice when they changed their patient’s clothes, right?”

 

Suddenly Minseok stepped back and opened his eyes. His body needed some distance from Luhan or he was going to embarrass himself. After ten seconds being at a distance, he moved an inch closer again to remove Luhan’ sweater slowly, making sure the elbow wasn't touched by the clothing.

 

Luhan’s free hand slid around Minseok’s waist, teasing him as he could see Minseok’s restless face was stiff in front of him. Dammit, Minseok’s waist was so slim that he could encircle his free hand around it.

 

When Minseok finally realized that Luhan’s hand had been encircling his waist he immediately pushed Luhan away from him, making Luhan shout in pain.

 

“Sorry. Did I hurt your elbow again?” Minseok stepped a foot forward again, close enough to hold Luhan’s elbow and to see if he was hurt again.

 

“Yes,” Luhan said in a crisp voice. He was acting like he was hurt even though he was not. He was amused looking at Minseok’s concerned face.

 

“Oh My God! Should I bring you back to the hospital?” Minseok asked in a choked voice.

 

Luhan paused and cleared his throat. “No, it’s okay.”

 

“Are you sure?” Minseok asked, a firm smile was visible on his lips. Inside, however, he went into sadness, blaming his self again.

 

“Yeah,” Luhan agreed with a certain smile. “Shall we remove my pants now?”

 

“Actually, I think you can manage to do that alone.” Minseok’s heartbeat went crazy.  He politely then said to Luhan that he could use the room for a moment to change his pants before closing the door.

 

*♡*

 

Luhan spent a long time changing his maong pants into his baggy pants. Slightly, he regretted wearing a fit pants. After he had finished, he called Minseok from the bedroom and when he didn’t hear any reply he walked over to the living room. Walking slowly towards Minseok, he could tell by Minseok’s breathing that the latter had fallen asleep on the couch. Seeing Minseok sleeping well, he was torn between not wanting to disturb his sleep and wanting very much to have him awake. But then, realizing the cold weather, he chose not to disturb Minseok on his sleep and decided that he would just carry him inside the room, but then again, he realized that he couldn’t carry Minseok because he has injured arm. Well, he could at least try, right? Slowly, Luhan slid his forearm 

 

“I’m already awake so please stop touching me.” Minseok’s shoulder rose and fell with the steady rhythm of his breathing. He had been disturbed by Luhan’s continuous  touching.


Oh no I wake him up! Luhan thought. He was shocked for a moment when he realized that he had been touching Minseok’s body comfortably like he was used touching them.

 

Minseok rolled around on the couch and stood up, grabbing a pillow to hit Luhan. “You ert.”

 

Luhan was taken aback as he quickly stepped away from Minseok. “I was trying to carry you to your bedroom, okay?”

 

Minseok stared at him in disbelief. “I’m having second thoughts now if I should let you sleep in my room.”

 

Luhan whimpered, “That’s not how you treat an injured person, Minseok.”

 

Minseok gave Luhan a sympathetic smile. “You’re lucky that I am obligated to you.”

 

Hearing those words, Luhan grinned. Well, he thought he was still lucky being stuck at Minseok's place. 

 

*♡*

 

 

Come to think of it, Luhan was supposed to be enjoying the beautiful scenery of Seoul but he ended up being hit by a car, visiting a hospital and a police station, and sleeping in a stranger’s room. He could not believe how the day had gone so far for him. Imagining he had experienced all of this during his first day in Seoul made him puzzled.

 

Well he had two full weeks in town before he was to return to Beijing. For a part of that time, Luhan expected that he would be spending days with Minseok and Hyejeong, in search for Hyejeong’s family. The remainder of his time would be spent on the things he wanted to do. He hoped that he could at least do three things on his list.
 

 

------
A/N: 13 upvotes, 45 subscribers already just for the foreword. Thank you so much for giving interest in this story!  ♡