Day 2

Baby Love


As soon as Minseok woke up the next morning, he directly went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. When he saw that there wasn’t enough food in his refrigerator, he decided to go quickly to the nearest convenience store to buy some needed ingredients.

 

One hour of cooking and breakfast was all set. Minseok started their morning with his selection of dietitian-approved healthy breakfast foods and drinks for himself or for Luhan if he was into dieting and other breakfast items like french toast, fried bacon, fried eggs, and fried hotdogs for Hyejeong.

 

Luhan looked surprised to see the amount of foods in front of him. It had been a long time for him to wake up seeing lots of food waiting for him. Excitedly, he sat down on one the vacant chairs and then he started to pick some food and shove them inside his mouth.

 

Unlike Luhan, Hyejeong was stiff and frowning on her seat. She was not eating the food that Minseok had prepared for her.

 

“Hyejeong-iee, why aren’t you eating?” Minseok asked. “Don't you like the food?”

 

“Is Hyejeong allowed to eat this?” Hyejeong pointed at the eight pieces of hotdog in front of her.

 

“Of course yes, uncle Minseok cooked that for you.”

 

Hyejeong smiled at Minseok's response. She had never tasted any hotdogs before to her delight she savoured the eight pieces of hotdog alone.

 

Luhan saw the enthusiasm on Hyejeong’s face when he and Minseok were talking to each other. He hadn’t seen Hyejeong’s enthusiastic and giddy face since the day before. She looked so cute and sweet.

 

After they have eaten their breakfast, Minseok faced all the dirty dishes in front of the sink. Luhan had offered some assistance to help him wash the dishes but Minseok had insisted that it was okay. Luhan admired of how Minseok looked so good with the apron while washing the dishes.

 

Luhan had enjoyed the breakfast Minseok had prepared for them. He observed that was a quality he could admire. He could picture a happy family having breakfast together.

 

*♡*

 

Luhan watched Minseok and two other policemen continue to talk about Hyejeong’s situation. His face frowned when he couldn't hear anything out from their conversations.

 

Hyejeong stepped onto Luhan’s side, holding the lollipop Minseok had given her a moment earlier. Very carefully, Hyejeong stared for a long time at Luhan.

 

“U-uncle Luhan?”

 

“Yeah? What is it baby?”

 

“Thish,” Hyejeong said, pointing her lollipop, “Can I unwrap this? Hyejeong wants to eat it.”

 

Luhan smiled and nodded five times to confirm that she could eat the lollipop.

 

“Come on let’s leave now,” Minseok said, grabbing his bag from Luhan’s lap.

Hyejeong wrapped her left hand around Minseok and her right hand around Luhan, following them out.

 

“How was it?” Luhan asked.

 

Minseok looked at Luhan and held his lips in ‘sshhh’ for silence. They would talk about Hyejeong’s situation later.

 

“Hyejeong-ah, do you want to go shopping?” Minseok asked, smiling widely. He had noticed that the kid needed new clothes for her to wear.

 

“Yes, Hyejeong wants to buy chocolate and a Barbie doll,” Hyejeong replied in excitement. She was jumping in joy, clapping her hands endlessly.

 

“Ohhh. So our Hyejeong wanted to buy a chocolate and a doll. Okay, I will buy that all for you. How about buying a new dress and a pair of shoes? Aren’t you excited? Do you like it?” Minseok asked.

 

“You are going to buy me a new dress and a pair of shoes?” Hyejeongs eyes widened. “Of course, Hyejeong likes it,” she added.

 

*♡*

 

“Baby, you can choose whatever you want. Uncle Luhan and uncle Minseok will buy it all for you”, Luhan said, palming Hyejeong’s round cheeks. They were inside a department store where the girls' clothing was displayed.

 

“All? Thish?” She was pointing endlessly to all dresses and other clothes.

 

“Yes, as long as Hyejeong needs them.”

 

Hyejeong started picking. She was smiling widely inside the dressing room when she was fiting the dresses. They were all beautiful to her. Her pale and medium size body made it possible that the dresses looked nice on her.


The two salesladies that helped Hyejeong fit her dress couldn't help but to talk about Luhan and Minseok. Of course, everyone would be curious about their relationship status. Who wouldn't be if they act like a married couple?

 

“Do you think they are gays?”

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

“They look like one.”

 

“Maybe they’re the daddies of this kid.”

 

“Maybe. I mean why would they buy her lots of clothes if she is not their child, right?”

 

“Yeah. I think you are right. They act like her parents too.”

 

“How come we are so unlucky? Three out four of the handsome boys are already taken now.”

 

Hyejeong automatically understood and absorbed what the two salesladies were talking about.

 

She just smiled. “I have two kind daddies,” Hyejeong blurted out, looking proudly about his new daddies, “I am living with them. This morning they fed me hotdogs with lotsss of cheese inside.”

 

The two salesladies just nodded at what Hyejeong had uttered.

 

“And now we will buy Hyejeong her new pair of shoes and sandals,” Luhan said, holding Hyejeong’s cute little hand.

 

“Can Hyejeong buy a new doll too?” Hyejeong asked, blinking her two big eyes.

 

“Of course you can’t buy the doll you don’t have money to buy it,” Luhan paused and added, “but uncle Luhan will buy it for you.” Luhan said excitedly. “Let’s tell uncle Minseok about it, okay?”

 

Hyejong nodded and replied, “Okay.”

 

Minseok’s beautiful eyes narrowed as he quickly went back to Luhan and Hyejeong after paying the clothes Hyejeong has chosen. He had heard some gossip about him and Luhan. As he moved through the halls staring at people, some of them started to look away or mumble quietly. He felt as though he was trapped in a room filled with flying hearts as he heard them saying from ‘they’re a cute couple’ to ‘wow they look like in bliss’. How could this be happening? He’d put on a brave front to go to Luhan and Hyejeong, but he was nervous. The situation made him feel awkward.


Luhan saw Minseok marching towards them, brushing his way past the old ladies as he hurried his pace. His adorably cute face looked tense, and his almond shaped eyes were as steely and bleak like a thunderstorm. Was he mad or something? Why was he frowning? Luhan wondered, his heart pounding against his chest. He was worried that something wrong might had happened.


Minseok stopped and then swung into a step beside him. “I heard”, he said tensely. “I can’t believe what people are saying!”


“Don’t mind them,” Luhan replied, “Let’s just go buy Hyejeong’s shoes and dolls.” He linked his free arm with Minseok. Hyejeong’s little hand comforted him. The strong, reassuring pressure of Luhan’s arm against Minseok and Hyejeong’s bright smile brought Minseok’s strength back.

 

 

They were on their last stop, grocery store. Minseok was carrying Hyejeong in his arms when they were heading towards the store. Luhan was holding the paper bags containing the things they had bought for Hyejeong.

 

“Don’t you think Hyejeong looks like you Minseok?” Luhan asked.

 

“Hmmmmmmm.” Minseok pouted. He stared at Hyejeong. “Do you think so?”

 

“Yes, she could be mistaken as your child.”

 

Minseok just tilted his head.

 

Inside the grocery store, it was Luhan who was pushing the cart filled with toiletries, pack canned goods, fruits, and vegetables. They were strolling every lane to avoid forgetting what’s important.

 

“Uncle Minseok, are we going to buy chocolates?” Hyejeong asked. She was so disinterested with the toiletries and other products they have visited. She was a kid after all.


“Of course uncle Minseok promised to buy that for you.”

 

When they reach the chocolate and candy lane, Hyejeong's eyes widened as she wanted to be placed down from Minseok’s arms. She immediately ran to get some of the chocolates and candies she wanted. “Can I have these?” She was already holding three packs of chocolates and two packs of strawberry flavoured candies.

 

“You can have them but promise uncle Minseok to brush your teeth after you eat them okay? And drink lots of water afterward too.”

 

Hyejeong gave a wide smile in reply.

 

Minseok looked at Luhan as he noticed that the latter had been pushing the cart since they arrived at the grocery store. “Let me push the cart now.”

 

“Not, it’s okay,” Luhan replied.

 

“You were in an accident yesterday and you’re not fully recovered yet. You are exerting yourself too much,” Minseok voice out, trying to snatch the push cart away from Luhan.

 

“It’s okay! It’s not exhausting and I’m a man after all.”

 

“What do you mean by that? Are you saying that I’m not a man?” Minseok's eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Well not in that case.”

 

In Luhan’s eyes, Minseok’s like a delicate woman, a very fine woman that could be thought of as housewife trapped in a man’s body.

 

*♡*

 

“So Hyejeong will have to stay at your place for the moment?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yes, we will have to wait until someone calls and claims Hyejeong from us. In the meantime, Hyejeong will be staying here at my place. The police officer said that it’s advisable to relinquish Hyejeong to the social welfare but I insisted I would keep her. I just left two Identification Cards at the police station for them to contact me if possible.” Minseok told Luhan.

 

“I see. Then let’s just keep Hyejeong here. It’s not a problem after all,” Luhan said, keeping eye contact with Minseok.

 

“Do you have a phone number to use when you’re here in Seoul?” Minseok asked.

 

“Yes I have.”

 

“Can I ask for it? In case, you know...”

 

“Sure, I have already stayed at your place what’s more on giving my number, right?”

 

“Yeah right.”

 

Minseok got his phone from his room and they exchanged numbers.

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep in your room now?” Luhan asked and his mouth quirked up in grin as he looked at Minseok.

 

Minseok grinned back at Luhan, but his eyes held a thoughtful look. “In a moment, I’ll call first my assistant. I need to inform him about my plans for tomorrow. If you are already tired you can rest in my room first.” 

 

“Okay, good night.” After wishing Minseok 'good night', he went to the bedroom directly, leaving Minseok alone in the living room.

 

“Hello Kyujong, I just want to let you know that I’ll be preoccupied from work for five days starting tomorrow. I have some important matters to deal on. Can you keep an eye for me at work? If there are serious problems, call me right away. Okay?” Minseok instructed his assistant from work.

 

Indeed the day had been tiring for Minseok but seeing Hyejeong in her room playing with the dolls and eating the strawberry candies they bought for her made him smile.

 

“Hyejeong, don't forget to drink a water before going to sleep, okay? You can do it by yourself, right?” Minseok reminded the kid. “And don’t stay up late playing with the dolls.”

 

“Yes, uncle Minseok.” Hyejeong replied.

 

 

*♡*

 

Up to the meantime, Luhan’s second day in Seoul wasn’t included on his to do list again. However, he didn’t regret spending his day with Minseok and Hyejeong. The smiles he received throughout the day couldn't be replaced by money. For him, they were worth more than anything. Life was very good, after all.