The Start of a Game

Expressionless Ice Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Light Prince

Nichkhun was bored in his light castle. It was slightly tiring to see all the ladies in the castle, court and servants alike, swoon at just his constant appearances in any room. When he went out to eat- for instance. While his male servants politely smiled with stiff postures, the female population would blush and fix their white aprons, while delibrately brushing their hands against their creamy skirts that seemed to be at a shorter length than what Nichkhun had given at first. He would smile, of course. Then he would nod his head toward the servants, who scurried away as fast as they could to prepare a magnificent meal for their prince. Of course, the females would always find an excuse for draping themselves over his arm, teasingly letting their fingers rest delicately on his hand before letting go with a flirty smile. And ignoring that, Nichkhun would eat his meal heartily, with his eyes were transfixed to his plate. Afterwards, he had to do his regular, mundane activities he was soon becoming bored of. Full of remorse, Nichkhun placed his fork and knife down on the white satin of the table cloth to greet his parents. He left the servants to gather all his dishes away and began walking to his parent's throne room. All the important decisions were made in there, while balls and other events to remind his people that they were the royalty were  held in there as well. His footsteps sounded light in the bright hall. The windows in the golden hallway were thrown open, pale see-through curtains fluttering in the breeze.

The birds outside would chirp happily on their nests, with the emerald trees showing off their bronze trunks. The sunlight coming from the sky was muted giving the earth a rich, brown color. Nichkhun would always wake up to this perfect scene every single day, and to be frank, it got boring real quick. Especially since he was already used to doing this for  twenty-one years. Which reminded him- his parents were especially hyped for his coming of age. Since 'their pride and joy' was now past the age of twenty, his parents were rather eager to marry him off. They had invited several princesses who were really all too willing to come. He was to look his best today. Which would explain his more fancier and uncomfortable clothes he was convinced to wear. He was wearing a coat that was the color of sunlight flittering through a rain forest, lined with sparkling silver lining around the collar and sleeves. He was wearing white- 'the color of the clouds in heaven' gloves that reminded him not to use his powers to step out of line. He never did- so he was confused on why his parents had made him wear it. But Nichkhun brushed it off. It was not a big deal at all- in fact, his parents were just always meticulous on even the tiniest of things. Lost in his thoughts, the down-casted prince almost failed to see the ebony door in front of him- inviting and peaceful.

The servants on both sides of the door let of a "Good morning, Prince Nichkhun. You look very angelic today, more so than usual," while wearing huge grins on their bright faces. Nichkhun forced out a chuckle, and the loyal servants opened the door to reveal preening ladies wearing colorful dresses that had zero wrinkles. In all honesty though, the poor prince couldn't tell what color those awful dresses were- too many ribbens on them to tell. Nichkhun's entrance hadn't gone unnoticed. The ladies in the room swiftly brought their fans to their faces, probably blocking an unattractive feature.  Grinning inwardly at his rebellious thought, Nichkhun stode into the room with measured strides, taking care not to breathe in too much of the perfume that conquered any other smell in the vast room.

As he took his place next to his parents on the throne, his mother began

Please log in to read the full chapter