.04 {Buffy POV}

Of Blood Drops and Roses
prettydivider_zps30ac1c5d.png

Buffy's POV

waterdrops_zpsd4ca21e9.gif

The Start of Something New?

    Buffy sat in the coutyard, staring at his assignment blankly. It was an essay and, as was usual, he had no idea how to start. Karam would usually help him, but he hadn't seen his cousin since they had left the house that morning. He jumped when he sudden;y felt a hand on his shoulder.

     "Do you need any help?" It was Moos, he realized, and he blushed, shifting away from his mentor.

     "N- no... I'm fine. I just- my cousin can help me tonight when I get home. It's not really a big deal. I just-" Buffy broke off, realizing that he was babbling, and his blush deepened.

     "Buffy," Moos said gently, gripping his upper arm. "I'm your mentor. It's my job to help you, not your cousin's. He's got his own issues - and his own assignments - to deal with right now. So how about we let him and his mentor focus on his issues, and the two of us can focus on yours." He sat down beside the boy then, taking the assignment from his hands. "So, what's your problem? Not sure how to start?"

     Buffy nodded reluctantly, and Moos smiled at him, taking the boy's pen and starting to write. He explained what he was doing to Buffy in detail, helping him to rephrase it and add his own thoughts to it. It took a while, but the two boys eventually completed the essay, and Buffy groaned in relief leaning back against Moos' chest and closing his eyes. Moos laughed, pressing his lips to the younger boy's hair. The younger blushed, pulling away slightly and looking at him.

     "What-" He started to speak but Moos cut him off by placing a finger against his lips.

     "Shh. Don't worry about it. Don't even think about it. Just... let it happen. I'm not going to do anything bad to you, I'm not going to hurt you. Just relax, okay?"

     Buffy bit his lip then nodded. "O- okay." He took a deep breath then leaned against the older boy's chest again. He felt... strangely safe here. Something about Moos made him feel... like he belonged. He felt a nervous flutter in his stomach as Moos gently his hair. It felt nice... Suddenly, he started, yanking away from Moos' chest. The elder stared at him in shock but made no move to stop him.

     "What... is something wrong Buffy?"

     Buffy shook his head, backing up a little further. "N- no. N- nothing's wrong. I just... I need to get out of here. I- I need to get home. My family..." he gulped, taking a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm g- gonna have to help my family out with the kids, especially is Karam isn't home. I- S- sorry. I- I- I gotta go!" Buffy stood quickly, running away from the place where he had sat with Moos. The latter watched him leave, completely dumbfounded, then stood up with a curse.

     "B- Buffy! Wait!" He shook his head, running after the younger boy as fast as he could. ". God ing damn it! I'm such an idiot! I am seriously such an idiot."


     Buffy slammed the front door to his family's house open, darting inside and locking it behind him before running up to his room and collapsing on his bed. "Oh man," he gasped. "Oh god... What... what was that?" He groaned and facepalmed. "Oh god Hyeon* you are such an idiot. Oh my ing god. He probably thinks I hate him now! Ugh, why did I do that?! Everything was going great and then I just had to turn around and freak out for no reason and now he probably thinks that I hate him and he's gonna request a partner switch and I'm-"

     His rant was interrupted by a sudden knock on his door. "Buffy, there's a friend of yours here to see you."

     Buffy stared at his door in confusion. "A.. friend?"

     "Yes, Buffy. A friend. I'm just gonna let him in okay?" Before Buffy could even protest, his door was opened and there was Moos. He stared at the older boy in shock for a few moments before his aunt stuck her head back in through the door. "Aren't you going to invite him into your room Buffy?"

     "I- uh- y- yeah. C- come in..." the last two words were a barely audible whisper but Moos heard him and stepped into the room.

     "Do you want me to close your door?"

     Buffy just nodded quietly, staring intently at his blankets. Moos bit his lip and closed the door softly before walking over and sitting next to the younger boy on his bed. "Is everything okay Buffy?" he asked gently. "You seemed pretty upset when you ran off. I'm sorry if it was something I did. I- I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable or anything like that. Maybe I was rushing things a little. I'm sorry."

     Buffy blushed, biting his lip. "It- Oh I don't know. I was happy and then all of a sudden I just... I don't know I guess I got scared or something and I just... Well, as Karam would say I pulled a typical Buffy. I ran off with the first excuse I could think of and then locked myself in my room calling myself an idiot for not being able to interact like a normal person."

     Moos smiled gently, reaching one hand out and Bufy's hair. "You're not an idiot. you're just shy. It's perfectly normal and it's perfectly alright." He paused for a second before speaking again. "Why did you get scared though? Was it something I did? Did I accidently trigger some horrific memory from you past?"

     Buffy couldn't help but laugh a little at the last quesion, though he knew it was serious. "N- no. Nothing like that. It was more... something I did. Or rather... something I felt." Moos looked at him in confusion and Buffy took a deep breath. 'Come on Hyeon,' he thought to himself. 'You're so close. Don't mess it up now. For once in your god damned life don't run away from how you feel.' He took another deep breath then spoke. "Moos-hyung I... I think I like you. Like, I like like you. In a... non-platonic way...?"

     Moos was staring at him, and Buffy could feel himself blushing deeply. 'Well there goes that,' he thought. 'But at least now it's out in the open. At least Im not running anymore.' Then, as Buffy watched shyly, Moos began to smile. Without any warning at all, the older boy leaned forward quickly, capturing Buffy's lips in a quick, chaste kiss. It couldn't have lasted more than a fraction of a second but it seemed to last an eternity. And then it was over and Buffy found himself wishing that it had lasted longer.

     "I like like you too," he whispered against Buffy's ear. "In a non-platonic way."

     Buffy's heart nearly skipped a beat. Moos' breath was hot against his ear lobe, and the butterflies he had felt in his stomach earlier had returned with a vengance. It was several long moments before Buffy regained the ability to speak, frozen in place by how close Moos was. "That sounds silly," He finally whispered back. Moos laughted, pulling away.

     "You're the one who said it, silly," he laughed, and after a moment Buffy began to laugh with him. Despite what had just happened, he still felt completely at ease with Moos. In fact, though it seemed impossible to him, he felt more at ease with his mentor now. Then his nervousness began to return and he bit his lip. Moos noticed the change in attitde and hurried to comfort his apprentice.

     "Shh, it's alright," he whispered, pulling the younger boy into a tight hug. "It's okay. You're safe. I've got you, alright? I'm not going to let anything or anyone hurt you. Not ever." He pressed a gentle kiss to the center of Buffy's forehead, and the younger boy could feel his nerves beginning to calm down. "You wanna tell me what's wrong?" Moos asked gently. Buffy bit his lip again.

      "W- well I don't know exactly. I just... Well... What are we now? What-"

     Moos cut him off with another chaste kiss. "That all depends on what you want, Buffy. But I'll tell you what I want, if you think it'll help you decide. I want you to be mine. I want you to be by my side for the rest of our lives. I want you to be my mate, my partner, my other half. I want to be bonded to you. That's what I want."

     Buffy stared at Moos in open-mouthed shock. Bonded? Moos... Moos wanted to bond with him? He could feel another blush dreeping up his cheeks, and he looked away slightly. "I... I think I want that too hyung... But-"

     "We're still young, Moos finished for im. Buffy nodded, and Moos smiled, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to Buffy's cheek. "For now... would you be my boyfriend?"

     Buffy could feel his heart pounding in his chest, and the butterflies were still there. But he took a deep breath, forcing the butterflies to settle and his heart rate to return to normal. He wasn't going to run anymore. "I would like that."

Author's Note

*Hyeon is Buffy's real name

So... please don't kill me

My first update in forever and it doesn't even follow the main character

orange%20star_zpsaprlazwe.gif