Chapter 3

Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not wanting to disturb his sleeping angel, Luhan gently shifted position so that he was holding Minseok in his arm

“You know Luhan, you really shouldn’t do that if I were you.” A voice said beside him.

He looked up and saw that it was Tao wearing the smirk that Luhan hates so much.

“Why shouldn’t I?” Luhan asked the annoying panda

“You guys aren’t together yet. Haven’t you forgotten that you guys only became a couple two months before IT happened.” Tao said.

“But I can change that, right?” Luhan asked Tao hopefully.

“You can do whatever you want. This is your second chance but remember you cannot interfere with Minseok’s death.” Tao reminded.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, scram. Pfft.” Luhan scoffed,  shooing Tao.

“Okay, but if you need anything else just call me. Now, just a warning, Minseok’s gonna wake up in 3...2..”

When Tao disappeared, Luhan felt Minseok shift in his sleep. Luhan then saw his eyes slowly opening.

“Lu-ge?” Minseok asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.  He then noticed that he was in Luhan’s arms and looked at him, confused.

“Oh, Uhm, you looked rather uncomfortable so err... yeah.” Luhan said trying to figure out what to say.

Minseok looked around and saw that it was starting to get dark which caused him to panic.

“Oh no! I’m so dead! I need to go home now, Lu-ge. I’ll see you tomorrow at your house.” Minseok said panicky as he gathered up his stuff.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Luhan asked gathering his own stuff.

“It’s family night, remember?  So I need to go home now. You know how umma is when I’m late for family night.” Minseok said.

“Hey why don’t I take you home, it’s much faster with my car.” Luhan said totally forgetting that he doesn’t have one back then.

“Car? Lu-ge you don’t have a car yet. You’re not even old enough to drive, remember?” Minseok said looking at Luhan like he was high on drugs or something.

“Are you ok Lu-ge? You seem out of yourself.” Minseok said placing a hand on Luhan’s forehead to see if he has a fever.

“Oh, uh, I’m fine Minseok, let’s just get you home. I’ll walk you there.” Luhan offered

“Are you sure, ge? Umma might ask you to stay for dinner. You might get scolded by your parents.” Minseok said

“I’m sure.  Now come on. Besides, I miss imo’s cooking.” Luhan said, taking Minseok’s hand as they started walking.

Minseok couldn’t help but blush at the sudden contact with his gege. It’s not that he doesn’t like it or anything, he does. In fact Minseok had longed for this because he was secretly in love with his gege.  But Luhan was not the kind of person to do skinships. All in all, he was definitely shocked when he woke up in Luhan’s arms.

It was silent between them. Luhan was trying to figure out what to do because he was completely clueless right now. He totally forgot that he and Minseok weren’t together yet. He was so caught up in the moment that he didn’t care what the other would think. He then noticed that Minseok was rather quiet.

“What’s wrong Minseok?” he asked the younger one.

“Nothing ge, it’s just that you seem so different today.” Minseok said

“What do you mean Minseok?” Luhan asked, starting to get nervous. He felt that he was messing this up big time.

“You don’t usually do skinships. Are you sure you’re ok, ge? Is there something you’re not telling me?” Minseok asked

Luhan looked at Minseok and he could see that he was worried about him. It still amazed Luhan how Minseok could read him like an open book, how he knows when Luhan is sad, or when something is wrong. The past Luhan on the other hand was the opposite, Minseok could easily fool him with a fake smile or laugh. He’d always tell Luhan that everthing was fine when in fact it’s not but the old Luhan would always just shrug it off.

“Minseok, ge just realized something ok. I realized that I haven’t been a great gege to you. So, from now on I promise you that everything will change. Gege will do everything to make you happy. I will protect you from all the bad things that would try to harm you. I promise that from now on I will always be here for you. Ok, Minseok?” Luhan said caressing Minseok’s cheek

“Ok Lu-ge” Minseok said, smiling at Luhan

After a few minutes, they arrived at Minseok’s house. Minseok knocked on the door and was greeted by one of his older brothers, Jongdae.

“Oh, Luhan! What a surprise! Come in.” Jongdae said, leading them into the leaving room.

“Umma, Appa, I’m home! Luhan-ge is here with me.” Minseok exclaimed

Minseok’s father joined them at the living room.

“Annyeonghaseyo Samchon.” Luhan said bowing

“Ah, Luhan how have you been? You haven’t been here in a while.” Minseok’s father said

“I’m very sorry Samchon I’ve been a bit busy lately.” Luhan said

“So I’ve heard, Minseok here said that you were very busy with soccer.  How is that?” he asked

Luhan didn’t know what to say because he couldn’t remember how it felt like to play soccer because when Minseok died, he just quitted. But Luhan remembered that Minseok also played soccer but he never told his parents since he knew that they w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter