Chapter 4-The New Batch

Two Sides in Conflict (editing)

It was another normal day for Kris as he headed to SM, slipping into the routine he followed each day. Learn. Train. Practice.

Ever since the band was called off, Kris became more and more motivated to show the company he was able to meet the standards of a band, even if his heart was with acting.

"Kris, Kris, wait up!" He turned around to see Junmyun sprinting behind him looking out of breath. "Kris-Jinghua-prediction-right," he said breathlessly.

"What?" Kris looked at him oddly.

Junmyeong took out his water bottle and took a large gulp. "Jinghuaswitchedcompanies," he said in a rush.

"Junmyun-ah, please speak slower," Kris ordered. "I don't understand what you're trying to say."

"You were right, Jinghua has switched companies! I followed her out of the bus since she took the wrong way and... and I don't know where he went," he buried his face in his palms. 

So Kris was right, Jinghua really did switch companies.  Kris felt like the whole atmosphere of the trainee room changed, it seemed there was suddenly a dark cloud over everyone, including Yixing. The girl Leah, who was Jinghua's ultimate archrival, seemed to be the only joyous one of the group, prancing and dancing about.

Kris didn't know why he felt more downcast then usual; Jinghua never spoke to him much but he and Yixing knew she was the one.

--------------------------------------------------------several months later.

Here was Jongdae, standing in front of the trainee room door, feeling extremely anxious but still enraptured at the thought he actually got into S.M. Entertainment. His days of singing in the cafe would be over now and Jongdae hoped that he made the right decision.

Standing next to him was the one and only Byun Baekhyun who clicked with him at first sight. Jongdae and Baekhyun wer both the hilarious loudmouths at their schools and when they first met, they knew they were going to be fast friends.

"Nervous, Jongdae?" He asked, jumping up and down as if he was trying to warm himself up.

"Not as nervous as you," Chen commented, bursting into giggles. "Seriously though, just take deep breaths and we're going to be alright."

"Because we're all in this together!" Baekhyun struck a heart sign which caused Chen to almost burst out laughing.

"Let's go in then," Chen smiled and twisted the doorknob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris saw two new people walk in, fidgting their pockets. He assumed they were the new trainees the instructor was talking to them about since they looked quite confused. They introduced themselves as Kim Jongdae and Byun Baekhyun. 

"Ooh, new people, huh? Guess who Leah's going to go for?" Yixing whispered next to me, eyes focused on Leah's every move. She was ready to pounce, thought Kris, like a wild cheetah. 

"I'm betting the dude on the left, Byun Baekhyun."

"I'm dibbing Kim Jongdae. He looks so confused, it's kind of funny."

"Wow Yixing! I never knew you could be rude!" Kris smirked. 

What they didn't quite expect was that Jongdae and Baekhyun immediately started talking to them as soon as they could. Kris learned that Jongdae came to SM under the persuasion of his friend who was a trainee of Cube. Baekhyun just decided out of the blue to audition.

"So, uh, what are your focuses?" Yixing asked, looking as though he was enjoying the company of these two.

"Singing," they both answered at once. "I was going to audition for dancing but I feel like the KPOP world was not ready to witness it," Jongdae added, breaking into a laugh.

"Oh, I'm sure they aren't," Yixing agreed, very aware that he was the "God of Dancing" at SM. 

"Ooh Kris, what do you think of my outfit?" Leah and her gaggle of friends sashayed over. "Do you like the colors of it? I especially like the patterns on my top..." Leah motioned to her chest area where a very pronounced cleavage was visible. 

"Yeah, I like the plastic touch. It really accentuates them," said Kris indifferently. Leah looked horror-struck and she walked away, sobbing in her friends' arms.

"And that, my friends, is the Goddess of Jerks of SM," Kris tutned to Jongdae and Baekhyun who were goggling over the girls. "You two! Jongdae and Baekhyun!" Yixing snapped his fingers in front of their faces and they snapped back. 

"What were you saying?" asked Jongdae, still looking a bit dazed. Kris sighed. Maybe these two were too lovestruck with Leah's physical appearence to care about what he just said.

"Nothing," replied Kris, furrowing his eyebrows. "Did you say a friend from Cube recommended you to audition for SM?"

"Yeah, but I think she used to be an SM trainee here," recalled Jongdae. "Can't remember what her name was though, why?"

"Nevermind," said Kris, in deep thought. What if...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i am in no mood to write, therefore my story quality has been going downward.

starting at the bottom and we're going down.