Chapter 3-Cube?

Two Sides in Conflict (editing)

"It doesn't matter anymore, Kris. Because you won't be seeing me anymore." 

"What do you mean? Please, tell me!" He was begging, his eyes pleading for any answer.

"You never told me, Kris." I ran to the bus stop without looking back.

I woke up with a start, remembering last night's 'event with Kris.'

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Kris.

But then he was harsh on me, that kid. Even though it was in the past, things in the past... tend to resurface.

----------------------------------------------------------------------later. 

"Jinghua?" The man next to me on the bus whispered.

"Hmm? Yes, that's me... Oh, hey Junmyeon, what are you doing on the bus?" I snapped out of my reverie and turned to face Junmyeon.

"Um, Kris told me..." He started but I cut him off. "Whatever he thinks, he already told me."

"So... where are you going?" 

"Um... SM? Duh?" I hoped to convince him that I was not switching companies today. "Where else? America?"

He laughed at that. "Kris thought you were switching companies."

"Pfft. Kris can guess all he wants."

Alright, how did he know?

Soon, our stop was announced and we got off the bus. Hoping Junmyeon wouldn't catch up to me, I started running and I tried blending in with the crowd.

However, pink hair is something very noticeable, even in a sea of hues of dyed brown, red and blonde. I ran and took a sharp left onto another street and the JYP building was in view. I kept on running and made another turn. 

Nope, JYP was not the company I was switching to. After a while, I finally arrived at my destination, breathless. 

In front of me was Cube Entertainment, trainer of B2ST, A-Pink, BTOB, 4minute and G.NA. Rain and Hyuna included.

My new company.

I saw a group of boys come out of the doors, laughing and smiling. To be more precise, six boys. Do I have to explain who they are?

"Oh, hi! Are you a fan? You're awfully early," Yoseob greeted me, smiling.

I shook my head slowly and heard Gikwang say, "she's the new trainee! From the exchange? Remember the hair? It's pink, just like the picture!" 

Yoseob's mouth formed a small "o." "Whoops, sorry about that. Your name's... Zhang Jinghua?"

"That's me," I replied. "So is their office like... upstairs or something?"

"Yeah, in fact, we're supposed to... show you around, so follow us,"Yoseob led our group back in.

Omigod, what is happening?

I'm so confused right now. I was taken to the office where a smiling man was sitting in a chair behind a large desk. "Hello Zhang Jinghua, my name is Hong Seungsung. Boys, you may wait outside," he gestured to B2ST who left obediently.

"Well, I've heard so many good things about you from Lee Sooman! He praised many aspects of your talents and there were hardly any flaws, he said you were just not confident enough..." His voice trailed off.

"Um, excuse me, sir? If he praised me, why did I transfer?" I asked tentatively, dreading the worst.

"Ah, yes. It was not Lee Soo Man's decision to let you go, in fact, it was Kim Youngmin's, the CEO of SM. He, ah..." he looked embarresed as he said those words.

"It's ok if you tell me," I said quietly, hoping nothing too serious happened.

"He said -- wait, let me get his exact words," Hong Seungsung opened a drawer and rifled through the papers. "Here we are -- where is it? Oh, yes," he cleared his throat and began to read:

"Zhang Jinghua, while seemingly talented, does not have the looks SM is going for. SM has asked her to do plastic surgery however she has refused each time. Zhang Jinghua is thought to be dating another trainee and the witness wants to remain unknown but she is confident about this. No photos are available but trainees cannot have relationships with each other as stated in the contract." He placed the paper down to see me looking absolutely livid.

"Zhang Jinghua, are you ok?" he asked worridly. "You seem to be..."

"It's fine," I replied through gritted teeth.

I'm not sure who to be angry with, SM or the 'witness.' Almost forcing someone to get plastic surgery is ridiculous and the idea of a 'perfect face' is also far-fetched. The v-shaped jaw that is a beauty standard was absolutely disgusting. The 'witness,' as we all very well know who she is, is... a female dog. 

"Well, I guess that clears everything up," I spoke, breaking the silence. "Should I leave?"

"Yes, you may go."

I left the room without another word.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: I'm not sure what to tell you. this is verrrry late and bad and short in my opinion.

also, apologies to anyone who feels offended-i sincerely apologize. 

and yes, i do believe plastic surgery's worthless.