FRIENDS

Missing

Ji Eun gobbled down a sandwich as Mino secured his bicycle against the fence of the school's basketball court. They walked to the locker corridor and saw a familiar figure running towards them.

 

 

"It's Dara!" Ji Eun pointed to the girl running with all her might towards them. Obliviously, she stretched out her arms, planning to welcome her screaming best friend into her embrace. As Dara fell into her arms, realisation hit her that her best friend was actually yelling for help. She looked at Dara questionably as Dara mumbled something impossible to understand with her heavy panting.

 

 

"Dara, what happened?!" Ji Eun asked anxiously. "C-cree-py....... gu--y" Dara said in between pants and pointed towards the corridor. Just then, a guy ran towards Dara and shouted with a coarse voice "Sandara, please be my girlfriend!" Ji Eun looked at the guy with squinted eyes and noticed that he was holding on to a bouquet of roses and what?! A set of couple undergarment?! No wonder Dara ran so hard. This dude is not normal! Ji Eun frowned at the approaching figure and pushed herself in front of Dara, trying to hide her best friend behind her but to no avail given her petite frame.

 

 

Before the guy could reach Dara. Mino blocked him with his outstretched arms. The guy gave an exasperated look and tried to reach out to Dara. However, he was blocked by Mino again. "What's your problem? Back off." the guy snapped. Mino simply added with a smirk. "You back off. Or else."

 

 

The guy ignored the warning and clicked his tongue, surging towards the girls that were still clinging on to each other. Before he could reach them, Mino grabbed onto the guy's collar and muttered "I warned you, dude." He swiftly held onto the guy's wrist and twisted it forcefully. "Ouch! What the hell, let go of me!" the guy shouted. "Not until you get out of Dara's sight." said Mino. "Over my dead b- Ouch!!!!!" The volume of the shout increased. Mino added more force until the guy finally gave up. "Fine! Now let me go!" He gave the madman a cold stare and lose his grip on his wrist before turning his attention back to Ji Eun and Dara, flashing his million-dollar smile.

 

 

Just then, Ji Hoon appeared and draped his arm over Mino's shoulder. "Rescued the beauty huh?" he said cheekily. "That makes me a hero then?" Mino laughed. Ji Eun laughed at her elder brothers' silly jokes and pulled out her thumb in front of Mino and said, "Oppa jjang!" That guy definitely offended the wrong person. He didn't expect that under the geek spectacles and unruly bed hair is a muscle man that eats 6 meals a day with ridiculous strength that expertise in martial arts and muay thai. Just his luck, thought Ji Eun inwardly.

 

 

"Thank you Mino oppa!" Dara exclaimed to him while looking at him with dazzling eyes. Mino winked at Dara and she turned all red faced. The two friends exchanged knowing glances and starting singing cheesy romance drama OST, teasing them as the tension between the two increases.

 

 

Mino pushed Ji Eun's head lightly and Dara's head dropped, in attempt to hide the redness on her cheeks that has escalated to that of a tomato.

 

 

Without warning, the loudspeaker buzzed alive. "Students, please gather in the hall now. There is an announcement.

 


 

 

​Hi guys! Finally back to writing stories after 2 years since I was talking to my friend about it and I admit, I do miss it. I will try to update often and not abandon this story. This is a slow chapter to show the dynamics of the friendship before it gets deeper into the storyline. Anyways, do follow me on twitter @jjanghoseok. I will also start writing stories on BTS soon. Enjoy!