BEGINNING

Missing

As Mino parked his bike on the campus’s bicycle stand, Ji Eun had reached into her backpack for the rice balls which her mother had prepared for Mino and her for their breakfast. She was munching on it heartily until Mino decided to pull his usual childish prank and soundlessly crept up on her, grabs the other one she was holding in her hand which startled her. Heck, she even almost bite on her own tongue.

“Grow up, you 3 year old!” Ji Eun hollered after Mino as he quickly made his escape into the school building while giggling to himself. Just then, Ji Hoon arrived on his bicycled and greeted Ji Eun by ruffling her hair. “Antsy at 8 in the morning?” he said teasingly.

“Oppa, not you too?” Ji Eun gave an exasperated sigh as she furrowed her brows. “Alright, I won’t tease you today.” He said as he chained his bicycle to the post. Although Mino and Ji Hoon are both older than Ji Eun, they are probably as child-like as elementary students. Of course, they can be as serious as any other 18 years old but they become especially childish when they are together, or with Dara and Ji Eun since they are such close friends and are comfortable around each other.

The two walked towards the classrooms block and headed to their respective homerooms since they were not required to assemble in the hall due to the examination period. As Ji Eun dropped down to her seat, her seat mate and best friend, Dara was rambling on and on about the drama showed on TV yesterday.

“What’s wrong, Ji Eun ah?” Dara finally stopped her one-sided conversation when she noticed Ji Eun had been staring up blankly at her uninterestedly while putting her head down on the table. “I don’t know. Everything is annoying me today. Mino oppa, especially.” Ji Eun clicked her tongue and turned her head to face the opposite side.

“Definitely having her period.” Dara said under her breath and nodded at her own statement.

Just then, a loud screech emitted from the old speaker in the room and the speaker cleared his throat before a clear and deep voice was projected. “Students of Seoul High School, please proceed to the assembly hall for an announcement.”

Chatters and complaints can be heard in the room as most students were reluctant to get themselves out of the room to listen to what they thought was going to be some long, boring talk made by the principal. Little did they know that it would be far from boring.

 


 

As the hall got filled up by the cohort, loud conversations were exchanged between friends. Some talking excitedly and animatedly as if they had not just spent 5 days together the last week.

Soon enough after some shouting and yelling from teachers, the groups settled down and quieten down. The atmosphere seems tensed as unlike other assembly, the stern expressions are worn by the teachers and even the usually smiley principal, standing in the center of the stage.

“School, I have bad news. Goo Ha Ra from class 2-3 has been reported missing. It is suspected that it happened between 10 to 11PM on last Monday after her academy class. If anyone had seen her on that day after school, or is aware of her whereabouts, please come forward to my office after this assembly. Also, please be careful and stay safe.” Mr Jung said then disappeared to the backstage. The hall erupted into discussions of who, and where could this missing girl had gone.

“Goo Ha Ra? Wait, isn’t she the senior in our club?” Dara asked with widened eyes as she realised that they are actually acquainted. Ji Eun was still in a state of shock at the news. She had known Ha Ra since she got into the club and Ha Ra was the first friend she made upon joining the club since she had only just recently persuaded Dara to join the club too.

Ji Eun was intimidated by Ha Ra from the start as Ha Ra is actually a famous cyber personnel known for her pretty face. In other words, she is an ulzzang which means “best-face” in South Korea. However, she had approached Ji Eun first seeing that she was so quiet and shy with no friends in the club. Ji Eun was surprised at how friendly and easy-going she was and even forged a friendship with her once they realised that they has a lot in common.

They share a close senior and junior relationship and would even hang out from time to time. She knows Ha Ra enough to know that she is a nice and responsible lady that would not go anywhere, not informing anyone for a long week. Something bad must be happened, she thought.

“Something is very wrong here.” Ji Eun whispered to herself as she clenched her fist, forcing herself not to let the tears in her eyes drop.


 

It's almost 2AM now and I'm so tired x.x But I'm glad that I updated and I hope I continue to do so too /laughs/

Do leave down comments and subcribe to this story if you haven't! The story will get more interesting soon (I hope it will be interesting for you all)

You guys can find me on twitter and chat about the story or actually anything hahaha okay goodnight! :)