mine and mountain

Archangel {ON HOLD}

Three days have passed since Sehun and the elves traveled through the Woodland Realm. There were now right in front of the Infinity River.

                “these are horse hooves. Princess Kira has been here with the Prince.” Sehun says while he inspected the dirt.

                “the princess is with a company of men, going through Treasure Trove.” Luhan then says as he looks beyond the river. Elves have amazing eyesight, that is why most of them were trained as archers since it is a skill that requires their keen sense of sight.

                “Men? Who?” Sehun asks as he mounts his horse

                “Men from the North, Two Men from the Phoenix Kingdom and if I’m correct, the prince you were also looking for.” The elf answers

                “the Treasure Trove is another two days ride, and to get through it, is a four day walk.” Xiumin says

                “but if we pass by Kobold Mountain, we’ll be able to reach the other side of the mine in two days.” Kyungsoo butts in

                “the mountain pass is only known to a few that is why men rarely go through it because they do not know the entrance. Lucky for you, General; we know the way.” Luhan grins before urging his horse to move on.

                “we’ll be able to catch up with your princess in time.” Xiumin smiles before they head to the Kobold Mountains.

While passing by the open land, Sehun and the others see the dead serpents lying around.

                “these are Princess Kira’s arrows.” Sehun says, he recognized the red and white tail.

                “then your princess really deserves to be in White Cloud Kingdom, she’s got what it takes to be a warrior.” Luhan replies

                “that’s what the King fears; that his sister will have the will of a warrior, the will to fight a battle on her own accord.” Sehun then says before galloping ahead.

Sehun knows about the prophecy, he is aware of Kira’s great role in it. That is why he trained her secretly in combat because he knows the King would never allow it. If it was the will of the King; he’d change the prophecy, but they all know that what’s to come can never be undone.

The company continued on their way, seeing the old campsites where Kira and the others rested. If the Kobold Mountains will get them ahead of Kira, they can surely wait for them on the entrance. And maybe, just maybe, Sehun can convince her to go back. though he himself doubts that he can convince her.

                “that’s the princess’ horse!” Sehun suddenly said upon seeing the familiar white horse while heading towards the mountains.

                “they had to let the horses go. they cannot go in the mine, or rather… they won’t go into the mine.” Luhan replies

                “what drives them out?” Sehun asks

                “fear drives them out, General. the dwarves are not a friend to tall creatures yet they brutally can overcome them.” The elf prince replies and looks ahead

 Dwarves and Elves aren’t really the best of friends so Sehun knew there must have been something behind Luhan’s distant look.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                “there’s the Treasure Trove.” Xiumin points out. The company was on a hill top and right before them was the entrance to the mine.

                “let’s go.” Luhan says and turns his horse to the right, Sehun follows the elves since he didn’t know where the entrance to the Kobold Mountains was.

They arrive at the foot of the mountain, it was a stone pathway, leading them up. Luhan and his horse trudge first, followed by Sehun then Xiumin and Kyungsoo. They enter the forest residing in the mountain and continue on their way.

                “it’s strangely quiet.” Sehun mutters

                “that’s because like the prince has said; only a few know about this passage, General.” Xiumin says before looking around.

They continued until nightfall and decided to make camp and then riding once again in the morning.

                 “once we see your princess, what do you intend to do if she is not willing to turn back?” Luhan asked Sehun as they sit in front of a campfire.

                 “I will her to Erebus. The king did say that I should go and look for her, he didn’t say I should bring her back immediately.” The general replies. He knows that Kris didn’t need to specify what he needs to do, but knowing Kira, she will definitely not go back.

                 “let’s get some rest. It’s another whole day before we reach the other side.” Kyungsoo then says and they all nod in agreement before lying down the soft grass.

A few hours passed, Sehun finds the weather a little too cold; he gets up from his side and sees the fire almost dying out. He turns to the elves but sees them fast asleep; he didn’t want to wake them up so he decided to gather wood on his own.

Sehun gathered enough wood that will probably last the fire till morning, he was about to return when he felt the ground quake; followed by deep cave-like voices. Sehun then saw three huge shadows, lurking in the trees right in front of him. His first reaction was to drop the wood and draw out his sword before hiding behind a tall tree.

                “they will be delicious.” He heard one say and Sehun peeked; there he saw three huge mountain trolls and they were holding with both hands, the struggling elves.

                “UNHAND ME YOU BRUTE!!” Luhan yells but gasps the moment the troll tightens its grip around his body.

                “be quiet little elf. We are going to decide how we’re going to eat you.” The troll carrying Kyungsoo says.

                “eat us? Are you out of your minds?” Luhan retorts but the trolls just went on their way.

Sehun followed them behind secretly, even if he is skilled in battle, he cannot take down three enormous mountain trolls.  

The mountain trolls tied down Luhan and the other two elves. They struggled to be free from their captors but the trolls held them in place; tightening the rope around them and tying it in a thousand knots.

                “we need to be free of this.” Kyungsoo says

                “I know, I’m thinking….” Luhan replies

                “where is the General??” Xiumin asks then

                “I don’t know, but I hope he finds us in order to rescue us.” Kyungsoo replies

Sehun was on their front, hiding behind the trees in bushes. He was thinking of a plan that could take down the trolls, but it seemed a little harder than what he thought it would be. These trolls were bigger than the actual trees themselves, even with knife work they can’t be brought down with one blow.

                “HURRY NOW WITH THOSE VEGETABLES! Before the sun reaches its peak!” one troll says and urges his brother to place the vegetables in a large pot.

Then it dawned upon Sehun that his weapon to defeat the trolls was the sun. It was almost morning, maybe in a few minutes, twenty? Or maybe thirty? He needed a diversion.

                “e-excuse me!” Sehun came out of the shadows

                “what’s he doing!?” Luhan whispers. What was Sehun doing? Shouldn’t he be attacking them head on like what a General would usually do?

                “who are you?” a troll asked

                “brother, one more meal. This one we can split in three after eating the others.” One said

                “uh huh. About that, you don’t want to do that. at least not yet…” Sehun says and the elves looked at each other.

                “what are you doing??” Kyungsoo mouths and Sehun sees

                “trust me.” the general answers before looking up at the trolls

                “boiling them? That’s really not going to cook them to the full. I mean, these are elves you’re dealing with. They have magic in them; will probably use it to keep the water from boiling.” Sehun says

                “what’s he saying??” Luhan mutters, still not believing how the General handled the situation.

                “if we kill them, their magic will die.” One troll said and lifted Luhan up.

                “NO! I-I mean… if you kill them, their taste would wear off….” Sehun tried to play with his words and Luhan gave him an incredulous look.

                “put him down you fool!” the other troll said and smacked his kin on the head, dropping Luhan into the pot once again.   

                “then how do we propose we eat you?” one troll says before urging Sehun to walk in front of the pot

                “may I suggest frying? Or perhaps, stuffing.” Sehun says and the elves eyes went wide. Is he insane?!

The trolls looked at each other, not sure what the man below them was trying to do. Sehun looked up to the sky, the sun is close…

                “or perhaps, you can sit on us then eat us.” Sehun adds

                “ARE YOU CRAZY!?” Luhan shouts

                  “what is this frying you speak of?” a troll asked

                “GENERAL! JUST GET US OUT OF HERE! STOP YOUR NONSENSE!” the elf prince says

                “oh no, there won’t be any going out. Once they eat you, they will eat me next. I can’t possibly outrun such huge, powerful, kingly mountain trolls.” Sehun sugarcoats

                “let’s just chop them all up and get it over with!” the troll says when they saw a yellow light emerging from the trees.

                “THE SUN!!” they yell and turned away.

                “TRICKSTER!!” the troll said to Sehun and they were all about to jump at the General but the sun already revealed itself fully; turning them all into stone.

Luhan and the two looked bewildered at what had happened, they didn’t think that Sehun would trick the trolls to their death.

Sehun walked over and pulled Kyungsoo out of the pot first then slicing his binds. Kyungsoo pulled Xiumin out while Sehun pulled Luhan.

                “it takes more than brute strength when dealing with these creatures.” Sehun says to Luhan; who, obviously, still can’t believe the tactic the latter used.

                “thank you, General.” Kyungsoo says in his place. For an elf, Luhan sometimes has the stubbornness of dwarves.

                “the sun is up, we should get going.” Xiumin says before going back to their camp and retrieving their horses.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The rangers of the North lead the way to Treasure Trove. Kira and the others rode at the middle; protected by the other rangers.

                “we are almost there. The entrance is a wooden door than can only be opened with the light of the moon or the stars.” Kai says

                “then we have to wait for the night to come.” Baekhyun says. It’s only midday of their second day of traveling towards the mine.

                “yes. unless you know the path through the mountains then we have no choice.” Kai replies

The company continued to ride through the land, passing through dead trees and quiet borders.

                “there’s the Cimmerian Forest.” Chen points out and they all stop for a while to look at the said dark forest.

It was where the Dark Mages of old used to stay, it is said that they created the forest with magic and that once you go through it, you don’t come out. It is a place that will play trick with your mind and in it, you could end up losing your sanity.

                “there is Dark Magic lurking in that forest. I don’t like it.” Baekhyun shivers

                “let’s go.” Kira urges them to move on from the sight.

By nightfall, they have already got down their horses and are standing in front of the mine.

                “the moon is not up yet.” Kai looks up at the skies to see nothing but dark clouds.

                “then we wait.” Chanyeol replies and sits on a rock.

They wait for the moon to appear. Kira hoped it would be a full moon so she lied down the grass, waiting. Kai then sits right next to her, looking at the vast mountains in their path.

                “tell me, your highness…” Kai starts

                “Kira… I prefer to be called by my name, Kai.” Kira says but doesn’t spare a glance at the ranger since she was waiting for the moon to rise.

                “tell me, Kira… why is a princess on this quest to Erebus, only armed with a bow and arrow, a sword and in the company of two from the strongest kingdom, and one from the weakest?” Kai asks

                “the Moonlight Kingdom is not weak, they’re just humble men and women, who prefer peace. Do not underestimate them in the field of battle, especially the prince I am with.” Kira replies

                “I travel with this much men because I didn’t exactly tell my brother about my departure, he will not let me out of his sight now that the balance is tipped. But I know I am destined to leave the palace and do this. I am also at fault since I let those banshees get away with the pages in the first place.” She adds

                “sounds like what my brother would do…” Kai says

                “you have a brother?” Kira asks

                “only a memory, I haven’t had the chance to meet him. But I remember looking upon his face and one other.” The ranger replies

                “what do you mean?“ Kira asks and sits up.

                “I was taken away from my family when I was a child. The one who raised me didn’t say why, but it was believed before that a third child would bring bad luck to a household.” Kai replies

                “so what? They gave you away? if I had another sibling I would argue with my parents about that.” Kira says; her eyes narrowing at the unfair treatment she is hearing

                “my father; the one that raised me, said that my real family didn’t want to let me go. but… bad things started to really happen, even at the moment of my birth; my mother died. Then my real father started to encounter hardships left and right.” Kai says

                “so they really gave you away?” Kira irritably asks

                “yes. in the end, they needed to, for the safety of the family. If ever I understood what was happening back then, I would have let myself go to someplace else, rather than have my family encounter hardships because of a curse.” Kai replies

                “I do not believe this third son child curse. It’s ridiculous, something must have happened in your household that you failed to see.“ Kira reasons

                “well, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, people still believe it.” Kai then says and they fall into silence.

                “do you think your brothers are looking for you?” Kira asks after a few moments

                “I don’t think they even remember me. I was a wee baby back then. I don’t even remember much about them either, I only remember my oldest brother’s eyes and heartwarming voice. Calling me; Jongin…” Kai replies

Just then, a ranger shouts, causing them to look up.

                “the moon is up!” Kira says and rushes over to the entrance. It was a half moon, much to her dismay but it was enough to light the doorway.

                “there’s something written on it.” Baekhyun says

                “it’s ancient elf language.” Kai replies

                “the Treasure Trove is open to its allies. Speak friend and enter.” He reads

                “what do you suppose that means?” a ranger asked

                “well, if you’re a friend then you speak the password and then it’ll open.” Kai replied before speaking something in ancient elf tongue.

However, nothing happened. Kai tried about ten words in elfish tongue but the door won’t open.

                “let me try.” Kira says and speaks something in elf tongue. Still, however, nothing happened.

                “something’s not right.“ Baekhyun says               

                “speak friend and enter…” Chanyeol recalls as they try to think of the password

                “wait..” Chen then butts in

                “it’s a riddle.” He says

                “speak “friend” and enter. What’s the elf word for friend?” he then turns to Kai

                “Ebrath.” Kai replies and the door rumbles, Chen has done it.

                “nicely done.” Baekhyun says and pats his shoulder.

                “let’s go. it’s a four day walk to the other side.” Kai then says and passes on torches for some of them to take.

As soon as they enter however, they were met with bones and the smell of death.

                “what happened here?” Chanyeol asks

Kai stoops down to a dead dwarf skeleton and pulls out an arrow. He recognized the maker of those arrows and he grits his teeth before dropping it to the ground.

                “goblins.” Kai says and draws out his bow

                “be careful, we are not alone in this mine. And I fear that many of them reside here, we won’t stand a chance so let’s hope we get through unnoticed.” He adds before moving forward from the group.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Two days had passed since the company entered the mine. They followed a single path, led by Kai, not until three separate paths appeared.

                “where to now?” Chanyeol asks

                “we split up. Then return here in the middle after seeing what’s behind these paths.” Kai replies and splits the group into three.

Rangers went through the first two passes while Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Kira take the third path. They walk towards a dim lighted hallway before arriving at a door.

                “this is the one.” Kai says upon seeing the bridge that could lead them to the exit. To get there however, they must pass a series of bridges and stairs.

                “let’s go back and regroup.” Kira says and they all turn back.

Once the rangers returned, they followed the path in the middle and they exit to the bridges and stairs.

                “careful. These bridges have been through battle, they could fall any moment.” Kai says while walking ahead.

All of a sudden, the bridge rumbles, unable to stand the weight of the men.

                “RUN!” Kai says and goes on ahead. But the bridge collapses in an instant, making all of them cling onto the rocks as they fought with gravitational pull.

                “we’re going to crash!” Baekhyun yells but…

                “Levarithin!” Kira mutters in Elf tongue and they all stop, just in time before they completely crash into the ground.

The spell dies down and drops them all safely, however, the bridge collapsing didn’t go unnoticed by the enemies inside the mine. The company then hears a series of howls and shrieks; a sound that only goblins make.

                “LET’S GO!” Kai urges them to stand up and run towards a room. Chanyeol took a glimpse of the incoming enemies and he dodges in time to avoid two arrows.

                “they have a cave troll…” Chanyeol says before locking the door with Kai. The men ready their weapons as the enemy approaches their borders.

The goblins cut down the door and Kira released an arrow the moment she had a glimpse of the creature. The door opened and in came the goblins with swords, spikes and axes.

Chanyeol cuts down a goblin head, and another, and another. He slices anything that’s not man in his path. Baekhyun slices the neck of a goblin and breaks the neck of another who tried to strangle him, he kicks the dead body away before looking up in shock as the cave troll enters.

                “BAEKHYUN!” Kira shouts before shooting the troll with three arrows, immediately bringing it down. But three more followed it and swung the giant axe it was holding, bringing some of the rangers to their downfall.

Kai sliced a goblin and avoids a swing of the troll’s axe. He then slides underneath it, slicing it’s legs in the process, making it fall to its knees. He then pierces the head of the troll and kicks it down.

                “WATCH OUT!” Chen then yells before throwing a spear behind Kai, hitting three goblins at once. Kai turns back to him in acknowledgment before battling with the goblins once again.

Kira dodges the swing of a chain from the troll. The troll swings the chain again and it circles a pillar, Kira uses her foot to trap the chain and runs upward, she takes out her sword and pierces the troll through its mouth, making it fall down dead.

Few of the goblins remained as Chanyeol and the others finish them off. Chen gets suddenly jumped at from behind; he struggles to get the goblin off, failing to see the other right in front of him. The goblin stabs Chen just below his chest, through his armor. He lets out a pained grunt, causing the others to turn around.

                “CHEN!!” Baekhyun yells and runs over to his aid. Kira shoots the goblin on top of the prince and Baekhyun kills the goblin that pierced him, he catches Chen as he falls forward.

Kira shoots the remaining goblins and jumps down to get to Chen and Baekhyun. Baekhyun pulls out the spear and throws it to the side.

                “take off his armor!” Kira says and Baekhyun follows. The spear had hit him below the chest, any higher and it might have reached his heart. Kira takes out a bandage from her pack and gently Chen’s shirt. The latter squirms in pain as Kira bandages the wound.

                “we need to get out of here. He needs medicine or at least fresh herbs to help stop the bleeding.” Kai says. Him and Chanyeol then support Chen on their shoulders as they rushed out of the room and up the staircases to get to the bridge.

                “INCOMING!!” a ranger yells and shoots an arrow from high above. Goblins showed up from different sides and started to fire at will at the escaping men.

                “GO!! GET TO THE BRIDGE! RUN!” Kai says and shoots an arrow. Kira does the same and draws out her sword once Goblins started to climb up the stairs, trying to catch up to them. Kira and Kai fight off the goblins as they run towards the bridge.

                “COME ON!” Baekhyun shouts and they run to the bridge, everyone was almost across except for Kai and Kira.

                “KAI! KIRA!” Chanyeol yells while helping Chen stand up. The prince was turning pale from the lack of blood and he was getting cold sweats.

Kai runs towards the bridge with Kira in tow. A cave troll suddenly appears and bring down his axe towards Kira who safely rolls to the side to avoid it.

             “KIRA!” Kai yells but then balances himself when he feels the bridge shake. The troll smashes down on Kira once again but she avoids it and draw out an arrow, before shooting its head. The troll’s dead weight adds to the breaking of the bridge.

              “GET OUT OF THERE NOW!” Chanyeol yells and the bridge crumbles, Kira runs and Kai waits for her in the middle. But the bridge continued to collapse, bringing down Kai and Kira with it.

               “NO!! KIRA! KAI!!” Baekhyun shouts and they all stare in shock upon seeing the broken bridge. Chanyeol’s eyes went wide as he looks across. Chen musters the strength to look up, his eyes were slowly dropping.

               “Kira…” he lowly whispers as Baekhyun drops to his knees in despair.

Just then…

                “LOOK!” one of the ranger shouts and they see and arm, struggling to get up from the other side. Baekhyun runs immediately, followed by two rangers and they see Kai hanging on the edge while holding on to Kira with his other hand.

They pull the two up to their feet and make a run for the exit.

As soon as the light blinded their eyes they all stop for a moment to catch their breaths, only to find three elves and a man standing by the doorway.

                “who are you?” a ranger asks

                “SEHUN?!” Kira then says upon seeing the familiar face of the General

                “KIRA! Thank goodness…” Sehun breathed out

                “how did you find us? And how did you get ahead of us?” Kira asks

                “I had help from the elves of the Woodland Realm, they know a passage by the mountains. It’s only a two day ride.” The General replies when they hear the sound of painful groaning.

                “CHEN! HANG ON!” Chanyeol says and lies the prince down on his back on the grass.

                “he was pierced with a spear just below his chest. We have to help him!” Kira says to Sehun and the general nods before jumping down his horse.

                “the light is leaving him…” Xiumin says and Kira turns to him in alarm

                “w-what? N-No…” Kira says and starts to tear up. Just then, a hand rested on her shoulder and she looked up to see the elf prince.

                “leave him to me.” he says and walks over to where Chen lied.

                “hold him down.” Luhan orders Chanyeol and Kai, they hold on to Chen’s shoulders and legs as Luhan unwraps the bandage and touches the wound. Chen hisses in pain but Kai hold him down, Luhan then takes out a medicinal herb from his pack and chews on it before placing it on Chen’s wound.

Chen gasps in pain and clings on to the grass surrounding him, however, a soft hand holding his shaking ones made him calm down and he slightly turned around to see Kira with worried eyes.

Luhan took his distraction as a moment to place more of the medicinal herbs on his wound. He then rewraps the and stands up.

                “just let him rest for now.” the elf prince gives Kira a smile.

                “will he be alright?” Kira asks, still.

                “the worse is over. He will be fine by tomorrow.” Luhan replies, causing Kira to sigh in relief.

They all set up camp a few meters away from the mine. The rangers kept watch while Kai left with the two elves to hunt for something to eat.

                “you are quite good with medicine, just like the king.” Sehun compliments Luhan as they stare at Chen’s sleeping figure; right next to him was Kira, who practically didn’t leave his side.

Kira didn’t know why but she felt like she was about to get a heart attack when she saw the prince in pain. It was like she felt his pain and she didn’t want him to go through it.

                “the medicine was only to keep the wound clean, there is something else that helped the Moonlight Prince to recover.” Luhan replies

                “do you think your princess is still willing to go back?” he then asks

                “no. but I have to try, the darkness moves against us, if it finds our blind spot then we will all die.” Sehun replies and Luhan wonders what his statement meant.

Xiumin and Kyungsoo returns, followed by Kai who has a wild boar on his shoulders. Elves don’t really eat meat, so Xiumin and Kyungsoo went with Kai only to search for fresh berries.

They all sit at a campfire set by Chanyeol and they talk about their plans for the next day.

                “there’s the kingdom of the horse masters; the Green Rain Kingdom.” Kira reads the map

                “it is a silent kingdom filled with honorable warriors. The darkness has not reached to them yet, if it has then they have overcome it.” Kai says

                “we do not know where or when the enemy will strike the other kingdoms. But as you have said before, what you saw in the palantir shows that the dark forces move to attack the remaining kingdoms.” Baekhyun says to Kai

                “yes, if they attack Green Rain or not, they must be warned. All kingdoms should be warned.” Kira says

                “Princess, do you intend to go to battle once war happens?” Sehun asks

                “yes. I have no reason not to, if they attack the kingdoms, we need to show them that men, elves and the like are not weak, that we will not be under their rule. We will fight back.” Kira replies

                “you have every reason not to Princess. If you die in battle, all is lost.” Sehun reasons

                “then I need to make sure that I don’t die. General, we cannot just wait for three years to act, the enemy moves as we speak.” Kira defends

                “but Princess, you are not yet ready.” The General replies

                “I think she is more than ready. She has led us this far and even if we did lose some along the way, we gained new ones.” Baekhyun answers in her place.

                “you have no idea what she is, do you?” Kyungsoo then says and everyone turned to him, including Sehun and Kira.

                “why? What do you mean?” Kai asks

                “you know?” Sehun asks as well

                “we’re Elves, General. We know a lot.” Luhan says

                “can you enlighten me in what you know? What’s going on?” Chanyeol says

                “it is written:  The world is built on light. But it is not light alone that gives life to it, there is also the darkness. When not contained, the darkness could overcome the light and it will be the end of all living thing.” Luhan starts

                “we all know this, the prophecy of Light and Dark.” Kai snorts

                “but that is not the end of that prophecy.” Kyungsoo says

                “So the great mages of the first council forged a magic, a magic that no darkness can conquer and they sent it as a gift to men to fight the threat that darkness brings.” Sehun ends

                “wait. Are you saying that… Kira is this weapon?” Chanyeol asks and turns to Kira

                “the magic is Kira. She is an archangel in human form. An archangel is a warrior of the heavens that uses light as its power.” Luhan then says making them speechless.

                “the archangel gains its full power at a certain age since she was given a mortal body, she needed the power to grow, and as she grows the power grows with her until she reaches the age of twenty-one then she will be called to fulfill the prophecy.” Sehun adds

                “I am not turning back Sehun. I am not going to wait for three years before we can act upon this darkness.” Kira firmly says

She didn’t really like the idea of revealing her true identity to the others. She thinks that now they would deem her precious and would sacrifice themselves just to protect her. She hated that, it made her look helpless which she isn’t.

                “then I am going with you to protect you throughout your journey.” Sehun replies

                “what about my brother’s orders? You’ll just disobey him?” Kira asks

                “I cannot force you into something you don’t want to do.” The general replies

Then everything falls silent. In time, the rangers moved from their spot and kept watch. The elves, Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kira were left in the campfire.

                “Kira, why didn’t you tell about this before?” Baekhyun finally asks

                “would you still allow me to go to Erebus if you knew about the great risk?” Kira replies with another question and the prince became quiet.

He wouldn’t. Baekhyun knew in him that he wouldn’t let Kira go on a dangerous mission if he knew what she was before. She was too important to lose.

Kira then stands up and leaves the group, walking to over where Chen was sleeping, she rests her head on a boulder and closes her eyes to sleep.

However…

                “Kira..” she hears a voice and she immediately opens her eyes to see Chen wide awake

                “how are you feeling?” she asks before moving closer to check his complexion, it was much better than his pale state before.

                “how are you feeling?” Chen brings the question back to her. He has been awake since their talk but he still didn’t have the strength to move.

                “discouraged.” She flatly replies

                “why?”

                “because, now that you know what I am, you would do as my brother would to protect me.” Kira huffs and rests back on the boulder

                “Kira, we protect you, not because you are the archangel or something, but because you are important to us, as a friend. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai didn’t know up till now but they still protected you, right? Don’t think that we protect you because we think you are weak and cannot handle yourself till you reach your full power.” Chen says and Kira looks into his eyes, she sees the reflection of the crescent moon, Chen’s eyes looked like heavenly glass that reflected the moon.  

                “I didn’t know you were the archangel either, but it has been in my mind and heart to look after you. To protect you at all costs because you are someone who I hold dear.” The prince says again and smiles

Kira feels her face heat up and she swore she could hear her heartbeat racing. She unconsciously lets out a lovely smile towards the other.

                “thank you, Chen.” She says and Chen nods in acknowledgment before turning to look at the skies.

Kira and the company falls asleep while some stood watch, changing teams when a few hours pass. In the middle of the night Kira encounters a peculiar dream. In the dream, there was burning green tree, a big city was then in ruins as goblins, trolls, and the Anathema attacked it. She then sees the green flag with a horse print fall to the ground.

Kira sits up from her sleep and Sehun gets up as well; startled at the sudden action of the princess.

                “what is it?” he asks

                “we need to get to Green Rain. The enemy moves at their doorstep.” Kira replies

                “what did you see?” Luhan asks; awake as well.               

                “the flag of Green Rain on the ground., their fruitful tree at the top of the citadel, burning. The city in ruins as the Anathema attacked.” She replied as she got up and slung her arrow pack on her shoulders.

                “it is rare to foresee happenings in a dream, but since you are not an ordinary woman; this clearly means something.” Luhan says

                “we don’t have our horses, how do we get there? it’s a four day ride.” Kai says

                 “have you heard of the Kelythaess, Master Ranger?” Xiumin asks but Kai shakes his head

                 “it’s a term for Horse Bringer in Elf Tongue.” Kira replies and Luhan whistles a certain tune out in the open lands.

A few moments later and seven white and brown horses appear from the trees, galloping towards the Elf Prince. Luhan then rides his horse and turns to the men.

                “this will be enough, yes?” he asks and they nod before getting on their own horses. Kira, Chen and Kai get on their new horses, as for Baekhyun; he opt to remain behind the captain on his horse.

                “we set out for Green Rain, let’s just hope that the enemy hasn’t made their move yet.” Kira then says before they all rode fast towards the new kingdom.