the prophecy fulfilled

Archangel {ON HOLD}

                    “the party is tonight and I don’t want you missing. You will stay here with me through the rest of the party. Do you understand?” Kris asked; as soon as the princess arrived with the General, Tao had snatched her away in a jiffy to his room.

                    “yeah I know. That’s why I left earlier cause I know once you caught me I won’t be able to leave.” She replied while crossing her arms.

The King gave her a hard stare, something he had taken from their father “you know why you’re strictly not allowed to go out of the castle Kira.”  He said and the latter huffed. Here they go again, fighting over Kira’s set of rules. She didn’t want to listen to this anymore since she has practically memorized what her brother would say, so she headed for the door.

She turned back a little to him with her hand on the handle.       

                      “I’m not weak Kris. I can take care of myself.” she said and stormed out before heading to her room.

Princess Kira hated the four corners of the palace; all she ever wanted to do was go out and have an adventure. But Kris would never let her; he says that it’s too dangerous to wander outside the kingdom.

True, she has heard about the prophecy and she knows about the evil that will soon arise. But she believes she is prepared for anything. Kira knows a little bit of Elf Magic. This has been proven true when in training she called upon the Swallow and the wind. She is also very skilled in sword-fighting and archery. The General taught her in secret cause Kris would never allow it.                 

                        “what bothers you my lady?” Kira hears a familiar voice and she immediately knew who it was. She smiled upon hearing the sweet, soft voice of the one that taught her magic; Lay, the Healing Wizard.

                        “it’s my brother. He always gives me this ‘you know why you’re not allowed to leave the palace’ speech. I mean… I know I am what the prophecy defines me to be but doesn’t that come later? I’m eighteen. I haven’t turned of age yet as what the prophecy said I would be at my worst.” she replied with a sigh

                “the king is merely looking out for you. You are the princess, and you are his sister. It is normal for him to worry over a sibling. You only have each other.” The wizard replies

She knew he’d say that. It was always typical of Lay to see the positive side of everything.

                  “I know that but I want an adventure. I don’t want to be cooped up in here while waiting for that day to come. Are we even sure that that day would come? There’s been nothing but peace in these lands for the past century.” She says.

                  “isn’t the kingdom adventure enough for you?” He asked but Kira just sighed. She’s memorized the whole kingdom since she was ten. She knows the passages, the town, and the forest very well. Heck, she even knows some passages that the others don’t know about.

                    “your time will come child. And soon.” The Wizard patted her head and gave her an assuring smile. Sometimes Kira wonders if he’s using magic just to calm her down. Lay taught Kira about the prophecy. He told her, she is destined for great things. But then Kira thinks; what good will that be when Kris keeps on locking her inside the castle?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Night time came and it was time for the opening of the Exchange Ceremony. The princess was up at the throne with her brother, and she was getting rather annoyed at the damned dress that was too long, too heavy and a little too tight.

                  “will you stop squirming?” Kris asked and she replied with a glare.

                  “I hate Tao for making me wear these horrible clothes.” she muttered and looked at the Chief Adviser who was talking to the Town Representative.

                  “you always complain about the dresses being made for you.” Kris retorted and the latter rolled her eyes. Of course she’d complain, they all know how she hated wearing these kinds of stuff, she prefers her red battle armor which she only wear during training. Kris even wondered why she had an armor made but dismissed the matter after a few days.

The trumpet suddenly interrupted the talks and dancing. Kris and Kira stood up and everyone faced the main entrance of the great hall.

The king of the Moonlight Kingdom walked in and he looked like the son of the moon, he was fairly white and he had a charming face, he looked a lot younger and smaller than Kris. This is actually the first time Kira has seen him.

Next to him was a young man, wearing a small crown and the customary blue and white armor. He looked about Kira’s age or maybe a year older.

                  “presenting, the crowned king of Moonlight with his brother, the prince.” The royal announcer said and everyone bowed in respect as did the King and the Princess…

                   “welcome my friend.” Kris said to the Moonlight King.

                   “I’m really impressed with your men Lord Kris. At the moment we stepped in the town they were there to us.” The small king said

                   “ah yes. I have asked them to protect you at all costs. We wouldn’t want you missing the ceremony right?” Kris joked and Kira rolled her eyes. You could practically see this king in the dark even if he did go missing.

The reason why there are so many guards is because the Exchange Ceremony is a sacred ceremony; the Book of Life Magic is something that balances the bad and good in all the land. Any harm that may come to it can be the cause of great disaster. Though no harm has come to it in the past century-----yet.

                    “this is Kira, my sister, and the princess of White Cloud Kingdom.” Kris introduced and Kira bowed.

The king bowed as well and he gestured to himself;       

                     “it’s a pleasure to meet you. I am King Suho of the Moonlight Kingdom. And this is my brother. Chen. Prince of the Moonlight Kingdom.” The prince bowed but his crown was a little loose so it fell. Luckily, Kira was quick and managed to catch it with her foot.

                     “oops.” The young prince smiled and the king sighed. Prince Chen looked nothing like the king. He had the average skin color; which the king didn’t have because he was as white as the moon, he had messy brownish-blonde hair while the king had a neat black one. And his lips, the corners of his mouth were like a clowns’, it showed even if he wasn’t smiling.

Though it is not right to judge if they were really siblings or not, because Kris and Kira were just the same. Kira’s a brunette while Kris is blonde. Kris has brown eyes while she had blue ones. And again, the height was a huge difference.

                    “the ceremony will start once the moon is at its highest peak. Until then, please help yourselves to the food and drinks.” Kris had said but mainly to the prince. His eyes then looked down at the other king as if he was trying to convey something.

King Suho understood him because he looked at his brother and the princess;

                     “why don’t you two dance? We Kings have some important matters to discuss.” He said and Kira inwardly groaned.

                     “may I have this dance?” Chen bowed and reached out his hand for Kira to take. Kira hated dancing, she hated all of her princess lessons that doesn’t revolve around adventure and magic. But she knows she had to oblige or Kris will skin her alive. So even if she didn’t want to, she had to take his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor.

Arriving in the middle, the prince pulled her close and they started to sway to the slow music. Though Kira felt the prince’s eyes on her, she was wandering her eyes elsewhere. It’s not like he wasn’t appealing to her, as a matter of fact he is very charming in her book. But Kira’s not interested in young princes at the moment.

              “sorry if my brother had to quietly force us into dancing.” He suddenly said and Kira looked at him in a flash. He was still looking at her and he was smiling, a shy smile that made him look like a kitten.

               “no, it’s okay. My brother’s probably gonna suggest it if your brother hadn’t.” she admitted and he chuckled.

               “true, so Princess Kira… tell me, what do you know about the Moonlight Kingdom?” He asked before spinning her in a slow motion and catching her in his arms once again.

                “I’ve never been to your kingdom before, but I heard from Kris that it’s a beautiful fortress filled with kind people.” Kira answered and Chen nodded in agreement. She’s only seen it in books and learned about it through her brother’s stories.

                 “I also heard it was a weak kingdom, though I don’t really judge unless I see it for myself.” she added and there was gloomy look present on the prince’s face.

                 “now that you have met my brother and I, what do you think?” he asked again and she wondered for a bit. They really don’t look weak to her; they just looked gentle, kind of like the Healing Wizard. And she had a different perspective of being weak.

                  “I don’t think you are weak. But let us determine that with a match.” she challenged, trying to lighten up his mood a little bit. It did help cause Chen managed to smile.

                   “I see. But will your brother allow it?” he said with a rather cheeky grin. Kira then sighed and looked at her brother who was still talking to the Moonlight King.

                   “I doubt it. he never lets me out of the palace.” She finally says

                   “I understand how you feel. Suho is just the same. He’s too paranoid of the world out there. I may not be as strong as the guards but I have skill, and I want to see the world. Not just be cooped up in the four walls of the castle.” He sighed and Kira somewhat realized how similar their words are.

There was silence between the both of them and the music turned into a fun dance. However, she suddenly felt something out of the ordinary and she held her chest. Kira looked down a bit only to see the pendant given to her was turning red. It has never turned red before, and red could only mean trouble.

                    “is there something wrong?” the prince asked and looked at her worriedly.

                    “n-no. It’s nothing. can you excuse me for a bit?” Kira asks and Chen nodded before they exited the center. Kira then proceeded to run towards Kris.

                    “the moon is at its highest peak! Let the ceremony begin!” Kris announced before Kira could even reach him and Kira bit on her inner cheek. There was something wrong and she knew it.

The pendant was given to her by Lay, he forged it using light magic and it has protected her since she was a baby. It has always been white when there is peace, and it is the first time she has seen it glow red.

Kira narrowed her eyes but the lights were closed for the ceremony. It was because only the light of the moon could pass and cover the Book of Life Magic and nothing else. She suddenly felt the pendant grow hotter so she had to take it out of her dress. The red light from it soared to a certain direction and her eyes followed it.

                    “Hehn.” she whispered and there was power in her eyes, turning her pupils to gold. She looked around the entire place carefully, looking for something out of the ordinary when she saw it.

 A creature that looked nothing like an elf, a dwarf or even an animal. It was monster, a female monster with wings that were wrapped around its body, holding two daggers in each hand.

                    “KRIS!!!” Kira shouted and everyone stopped and turned to her in alarm. The monster was holding one dagger and it was about to stab the king. Kira took out a dagger of her own that was hidden in her boot and threw it right next to Kris. The creature screamed and everyone did as well as the winged monster flew into the air and revealed itself.

                    “what is that!?” they asked all frightened.

                     “you!” the creature took out the knife from its wing and glared at Kira; its eyes were red and its claws were as sharp as blades.

                     “ATTACK!!!” the creature let out a piercing howl and the people had to cover their ears. Their howls were like a Siren’s; it ringed in their ears and it felt like their brains were about to burst.

Dozens of the flying monsters showed themselves and started to attack the guards that threw spears and shot arrows at them.

                     “SEHUN!! Protect the book!” Kris yelled to the General before drawing out his sword.

Kira ran to the back of her throne and opened the secret closet she had placed in there and took her bow and arrow, she then muttered a word and called a vine; it wrapped around her waist and brought her up at the foyer to see the monsters clearly.

Kris and Suho had their swords up and they were making their way towards the book. But a monster flew in the middle of them and knocked them over. Kira took out and arrow and shot it at the head.

At the corner of her eyes, Kira then saw the monster she had hit with a knife; it flew towards the book as the other creatures flew around and distracted the general.

                     “CHEN!!” Suho shouted and darted to the young prince who ducked down and smacked a creature with a chair.

Then there was loud screech.

The monster took the book with its claws; some of the pages dangling in the open. The General and his men shot it with arrows but it avoided every single one. They mustn’t let it take the book.

Kira reached for an arrow but unfortunately, she was all out. She knew need to do something and quickly.

She looked around and felt the vine on her waist; she looked forward and saw the chandelier, hanging in the middle between her and the monster. Kira called the vine to extend and it wrapped around the chandelier.

                    “KIRA DON’T!!” Kris yelled once he saw what his sister was about to do but she had already stepped on the chandelier, Kira let go of the side of the vine that’s holding her to the foyer and the chandelier swung towards the monster that had the book in its claws.

                    “KIRA!!!” Kris yelled again. Kira jumped and held on the other side of the book. The monster flew in circles to tip her off but she held on. She could feel the pages rip and her eyes went wide; her hands were slipping.

Just then, the creature yelled in agony as an arrow pierced its claws. Kira looked down to see Sehun with her bow and Lay right next to him.

                “Maeg Naith” Lay casted a spell and a sharp spear pierced the monster’s legs. It screeched, making them cover their ears. Kira felt her body grow heavier, her fingers were starting to hurt. The monster let go of the book but it managed to rip off some pages.

She started to fall but was caught safely by the wind, thanks to Lay. Kris was right in front of her in seconds as she held on to the book. However, her eyes went wide when she looked down and it dawned upon them all that the book was destroyed.

They felt the world tip, the book for balancing good and evil is destroyed and now it feels like bad things are going to happen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                 “we cannot restore the book to its formal glory, not until the pages ripped out are returned.” Lay said as he cast a barrier over the book. The people were sent home after the incident; Kris, Tao, Lay and Kira along with King Suho and Chen were at the study room.

                 “but those things could’ve brought the book anywhere in the land.” Tao said.

                 “not if you use a special trace magic.” Kira said and everyone looked at her in confusion, except for Lay.

                  “a trace magic could be performed by a wizard, it will help us in finding the monster. We just need a part of its body, and to your luck. I have its skin in my arrows.” Lay smiled at her, he knows she has been studying her lessons.

Kris stood up after Kira’s explanation;

                  “what do you mean us? You’re not going anywhere. You saw what happened, evil is starting to rise in the land and I need you here, safe and sound.” He said and she huffed. She knew he’d say that.

                  “I believe this is what the prophecy has stated.” Lay said and everyone turned to him. He waved his staff and ancient writings appeared in the air. These ancient writings were about the prophecy given four centuries ago.

 

       The world is built on light. But it is not light alone that gives life to it, there is also the darkness. When not contained. The darkness could overcome the light and it will be the end of all living thing.

 

                  “the darkness has been released once the book was destroyed. The darkness will grow stronger if we do not contain it. I bet it’s already growing now. That creature was a monster of the dark and we all know it. Someone must have been plotting this since the beginning.” Lay concluded.

It makes sense, why now did only those monsters attack? It is because they were waiting for the book to be out in the open so they could destroy it and then the world will be covered in dark magic.

                  “if that’s true, then we need to get those pages back. How many were taken anyway?” Sehun asked as he walked inside. He and the soldiers were tidying up the ballroom and looking for any clues about the monsters earlier.

                  “Quite a few, if Light Magic is converted to Dark Magic then it would cause a damage that even us great mages couldn’t handle.” Lay said.

Dark Magic is dangerous; it’s a matter of control because once you can’t control it, it will control you.

                  “Kira, the skin from the monster please.” Lay said and Kira sighed. She knows they’re not going to let her go with them anyway, they’ll probably send Sehun and his men to retrieve the book. But, it’s not that she doesn’t trust Sehun, but it takes more than brute strength and mindful strategy to track down creatures of the dark, at least, that is what Lay has said.

Kira handed over her arrow and the wizard placed the skin on the table before muttering some words and the Trace Magic is put to work. There was a map right in front of them and Kira took the time to memorize it clearly.

                  “what is that place? I’ve never seen it in the map before, or even heard of it.” Tao said as he looked up the map. There was a fortress standing alone right next to a mountain and it is covered with clouds.

Ambrosine Erebus. It means Immortal Darkness; legend has it that, that place is the birthplace of Dark Magic. Dark Magic was born because of selfishness and desire for power, Ambrosine Erebus was a fortress and it was consumed by the Dark Magic. It was destroyed according to legend, the first century mages died containing it and keeping it off the lands. But the balance is now tipped; Ambrosine Erebus is awake once again.

The last ruler of the Ambrosine Erebus was killed by Light Magic, as far as they know that is, so who’s juggling the Dark Magic and creatures now?

                   “Kira, go to your room.” Kris ordered

                    “I can help you, you know? I know magic and I’m a fair fighter.” she said, it’s a long shot but it’s worth a shot.

                    “NO.” Kris’ reply was firm and he walked over to his sister.

                    “you are to stay here in this castle, the prophecy may be at work now Kira and I’m not going to let you get hurt till the time of age has come.” He said and Kira sighed.

So what? He’s gonna wait three years before he can act on this? That’s just dumb. Why wait when obviously, he can come with an armada and take it.

Kira walked to her room and locked the door. She’s not just going to sit here and watch the world fall apart, and she’s not going to wait three years to act. The faster those pages are found, the faster the balance of Light and Dark will be restored.

Kira then looked around her room for a piece of paper, she drew the map she had seen as she had remembered and  took out a bag and started to pack some stuff, she took her bow and arrow and sword as well.

There are approximately six secret passages to get out of the castle, but she needed her horse to travel quickly and there is only one passage that can take her to the stable and then out to the forest. It’s risky, and with people in the castle still awake they will surely see her lurking.

But it was a risk she was willing to take.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

^_____________^ ola~ try and spot all exo characters in this story :)