03. The Triangle

Summer Rain

 


151104 A/N: before confusion or questions arises.. I want to clarify this first: I'M NOT going to write . sorry shippers..but I only see EXO (even my ship HunHan) as Brothers NOT lovers. :)

For Luhan parts.. i'll be using third person point of view.. only Jooyeon's part will be shown in first person pov. :)

 

 

 

 


 

"LAY!!" Luhan ran excitedly to his friend who was waiting for him at the front gate of their school.
"You don't have to shout you know" Lay smiled at him and greeted him anyways. "Good morning." Luhan nodded "Good morning too, Yixing" and draped his right arm around Lay's shoulder.

"You seem in a good mood today, something happened?" Luhan halted and leaned closer to his face so close that Lay had to lean back. "You won't believe it." Luhan whispered with wide eyes followed by a creepy smile. "Try to guess."

"Aah..err.. You got a girlfriend?" Luhan removed his arm in his shoulder and places his hands on his waist. "We'll get there soon..but no, not that yet. Try again."

Lay tried to read his best friend again for some clue. He looks so much cheerful than usual..so he was sure that something happened for him to smile this wide. "You got accepted in the soccer team?"

"taaaaaah" Luhan let out a long tired sigh. "Lay, do you seriously want me to question our friendship?" Luhan rolled his eyes and suddenly grab Lay shoulders tightly before he leveled his face on his. Lay is also tall but compare to Luhan, he is shorter. "I got a new condo!" he excitedly told him.

Lay's eyebrows twitched. "Tha-that's it?" Luhan released him and started walking ahead, placing his palms on the back of his head. Lay followed his pace. "What's the big deal with that? Don't you always get new condo for like every month?" Lay asked. "Yes. but this one is different." Luhan turns back to him and winked.

"How so?" he asked. Luhan paused to think. Obviously, Lay knows that there won't be much difference as Luhan was not the one who chooses his furnitures, his butler does everything for him. And his choices doesn't change. "Well.. the bed is wider by about.. 7cm and I asked for circular one this time. Hmm..what else is there..." he was taping his chin as he thinks and fixing his gaze on the ground in his tapping toe. Lay smiled watching how his friend tries his best to give him its difference to his previous houses.

Luhan is a type of person who loves his house so he change it when he doesn't feel excited going there anymore.  "Oh!" Luhan raises his index finger. "The lampshade color is Blue! the previous one is black right? Butler Xi said it suits my room since my bed is also dark blue. Hmmm what else.." Luhan started walking.

"Oh oh!" Luhan halted again and faces him excitedly. "I also bought you a plate and chopstick and a cup, a mug..hmmm.. also a toothbrush! There won't be any problem again when you come over."

"I see.." Lay murmured. Luhan looks at him pouting. "You don't seem happy about it.."  Lay quickly looks up, and shakes his head. "No, I'm happy," he assured him with a gentle smile. Luhan leaned again with scrutinizing eyes. Lay gave him a calm smile again.

Feeling satisfied, Luhan straigtened up again. "Okay, I believe u now." Luhan place his arm around him again and pulled him forward. "Let's go to our class now. Carpe diem!" 
"Carpe Diem?"
"Seize the day! you didn't know that? Lay, I thought you're intelligent!"
"It just so happen that I don't study other languages like you do!"
"Why? It's fun!"
"Then try to study Literature too!"
"No way! That's boring!"
"It's not. It's fun!"
"No."
"Yes. It is!"
"NO!"

 

 

~~~

 

 

"LAY!!" Lay sighed and pushed himself off the wall. "Will you please stop yelling my name every time? It's embarrasing."
"What's the problem with that. it's fun! So anyway, what are you going to eat today? I hope they have pasta. Hmm. I also like icecream.." Luhan was looking on the ground while thinking.

"Luhan stop!" Lay pulled his friend but it's too late, he already  collided with a person walking to the opposite direction..
"Ah!" Luhan rubs shoulder. He quickly looks back and bowed his head. "Sorry."

"Lu...Han?"
Lay and Luhan's eyes widened when the person lifted his cap. 
"Xiumin?!" They gasped in unison. 

BAM!

Luhan fell on the floor. first.
"Yah!" Lay shouted at Xiumin and quickly kneeled beside Luhan while the latter is wiping the side of his mouth with the the back of his palm.

 

 

 


 

 


 

"aaahh! Finally! Lunch break!" Jessica stretches her thin arms in the air while yawning.
"Didn't you catch amount of sleep last night?" I asked glancing at her while taking off my glasses—I wear during class hour and when I'm studying—and putting back my things on my bag.

"I watched Seoul Fashion Week online and it ended a little late. Plus, it's boring to study English. It's like they're teaching me how to eat." I smiled amusingly. It's true, it's a little annoying to study something you already know unless you want to brag to others about your accomplishments by making yourself superior than them. And this, isn't her, infact, she doesn't voluntary participates in class  the teacher just calls her everytime. Jess yawned once again and slowly stood up. "Let's go?"
 

"Why are you counting money?" Jessica asked me while sipping her orange juice. "Uhm..I'm thinking of treating the boys later today." I answered without sparing her a glance. "You always treat them. Aren't you spoiling them?" 
"They treat me sometimes too. Even you, remember? And it's me who wanted to do this."
"Then..why count? Are you short these days?" I shook my head. "Nah, Just making sure I brought enough today, you know those boys and the size of their stomachs." Jessica shook her head. "Tch. boys." 

 

 

 


 

 

 

"You heads! Why didn't you contact me after graduation! You guys moved here without saying a single word to me. You two really made me angry! Especially you Luhan, you said we'll play soccer during vacation!" Luhan chuckled at their furious friend back in middle school in China. Lay helped him up.

"It's nice to see you again. Gege." Xiumin gave him a glare but he just smiled at him.

"I'll make you tell me everything about what you've done, where were you until now, why you left me. Tell me everything!" he blew his bangs off his face "You too Lay," he added then rubs his hand he used in punching Luhan and soothes his knuckles. 

 

 

 


 

 

 


 

"Guys, after taking a shower and changing, turn off all the lights and lock the door then meet me at the front gate." I told to the team and quickly grabbed my bag. After our practice, I always leave the place early since they like to play around wearing only towels.

"Why? Are you going to treat us again?" Kai appeared infront of me. I just nodded and quickly left before they started stripping their clothes.

 

 

~~~
 

 

 

"Woah. Look what we got here." Everyone, including me followed where Kai set his eyes on. There are three people who had their backs on us.
"Schoolmates, based on their uniform. What about them?" Sehun asks. "Look at the smallest one." Kai pointed him. "What about him?" It was Tao's turn to ask. "New addition to the soccer team."

"So they managed to get new members huh.." Chanyeol said. I suddenly felt a little anxious hearing that.. because up till now, no one approaches us to be part of our team and Soccer team gets new members every year.

"I went on the same middle school in China with them." Chanyeol turns to Tao and so we do. "Them?" he repeated. Tao nodded and looks at the three on the counter ordering their food. "They were classmates back then, I wasn't sure now. But, back then, they were all part of the soccer team."

"But it's been my first time seeing those two. I'm sure they aren't part of the team." Kai said. 
"Then he's probably inviting them?" Chanyeol said.
"Yeah. i think so." I look at Kris who was staring at his food. Just like me, he's worrying too. Maybe more worried than me. If no one joins our team this year, then it will be the end of the basketball team. Chanyeol, Kai and us will be graduating this school year and they need 5 members to keep the club running. While I was staring at Kris, the burger on my plate suddenly got stolen.

"Hey that's mine!" "Not anymore." Kai gave me his evil smile and bite my hamburger but that's not the end, I wont give it up that easily. I already bought them so many foods and yet.. "Kai, give it back!!" I leaned across the table were Kai is to reach my food.

"Sunbae?" A voice made me froze. On my peripheral vision, I saw him leaned to see my face better before he exclaimed "It is you!" I gulped. I stiffily turns to his direction. "H-hi." I greeted and forced a smile.

"Do you know him noona?" Sehun asks glancing back and forth on me and him. "I—" "No, I know her!" he interrupts. "But I'm sure she also knows me now." he grins at us. For a second, I rubbed my palm across my face.

Why do I keep bumping onto this guy?

"My name is LuHan and these are my friends, Xiumin and Lay. We are all freshmen." He introduced himself. Everyone nods at him except me.

"uhm sunbae.. don't mind me asking but why are you the only girl....? Don't tell me you are.. are you perhaps—" "I'm a lady! straight!."

Seriously, what is he thinking!

"Luhan, they are the basketball team." Xiumin told him on my behalf. "You are the manager, right?" I nodded, finally someone who has sense.

"Nice to meet you all. I've been looking forward to meet you. I'm Kim Minseok, although he introduced me as Xiumin because it is my chinese name. I am one of the new members of the soccer team."

Tao was about to introduce himself but got cut off when Kris stood up. "Nice to meet you three. I am the captain of the team. Wu YiFan." Their eyes widened. "You're chinese too?" Kris nodded with  a serious face but still looking approachable. He looks so cool to me. It reminds me of our first day when he told me his name, the day I met him and... fell.  "These are my members, Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun, Tao and this beside me is our manager Jooyeon." I jolted when I hear his voice saying my name and suddenly hopes for him to call me Yeon again.

"Would you like to join us?" Kris offered. I look at him and to the freshmen and back to him.

 

This isn't happening! Don't.

 

"Uhm I need to go back to school now. Practice." Xiumin informed Kris.

 

Ha.. Thank God.!

 

"But ths two of us have time.. right Lay?" my eyes widened again and looks up on them. "uh... ye-yeah. I guess." his friend answered. "Alright then, take a seat," he offered.

 

Why is he so nice? Can't blame him, its one of his lovable traits. Fine, just this one Kris.

 

I was looking down feeling so gloomy, when suddenly, a chair beside me slides off. "Hi sunbae. wasn't expecting to meet you here."

 

oh  no....

"Yeah."

 

 




 



 

Author's Note:

to be honest.. this story was 'supposedly' also part of BE MINE stories..
remember in one of the chapters in LuRi's story I have mentioned Luhan's ex-girlfriend and in Be Mine Luhan was already in his Senior High and this story happened when he was only a freshman.

Initially THAT was my plan.. but if you paid attention to that back story.. the GF had an accident while she was with him, a car accident. the reason why Luhan cant drive, i've mentioned that. Their parents forced them to separate since the girl had so much injuries and I dont want Jooyeon or them to end like that.  
Also, If I connect this to that again.. be mine will become too long and im afraid it'll become boring to some.

so now, i decided to have a DIFFERENT STORY. 
remember this does not have any exo member before when I first posted this.only Lay..bcos in BeMine ONLY Lay knows his past. so I just use DBSK.. but now, we're back to EXO again.

did I make a good decision or not? :)