01. First Sight

Summer Rain

150710 A/N: If you’re one of the few who have read  this story/chapter before, I changed the chapter so you may start reading it again. kk

Italic = thoughts

 

 


-2013-03-04-

2 years ago..

 

 

It was a bright and sunny spring morning, perfect for first day events. Today is my first day in Sekang High school. I am now standing with so many students who are doing the same, locating our names to know what section we’ll be in the long wide list pasted on the school board.

Lee Jooyeon - Class 1-A

Right after seeing my name, I carefully walk out of the crowd to give others their turn. As I was walking away.. suddenly, a loud voice yelled which caught everyone’s eyes, and most especially my attention. He said my name.

“Lee Jooyeon!!”

I turned to look who it was. My eyes set itself on a tall stranger looking around the area. I continued walking pretending I didn’t hear him, completely ignoring the psycho. Maybe, he’s calling to someone who has the same name as mine

“Jooyeon-ah!” someone jumped infront of me, appeared out of nowhere. “Ha-!” I step back as a reflex since I got surprised. “I.. I don’t know you.” I bluntly said and excused myself, walking around him. “You better be kidding.” Another stranger know my name, how is this possible?

“Hey, it’s me Kai!” He continued following me so I walk faster but his strides are long enough to catch me in no time. “You seriously, do not know me?” This Kai held my shoulder to stop me but his touch is gentle, not how I expected it to be. “Kim Jongin.. does it ring a bell?”

Kim Jongin… “Jongin?! Dark Jongjin” I gasped and stared at his face. Jongin showed me his wide palm. “Long time no see classmate.” Jongin is one of my classmates back in 6th grade and I can say we are pretty close but we attend different middle school so we did not see each other anymore. We also call him Dark as his last name but ofcourse he doesn’t mind because only those who are close to him and call him that.

Jongin and I chatted till we reach our designated room. Unfortunately, he’s in class B, we weren’t classmates. I thought it’ll be nice to have someone you already knew in class.

 


 

“Annyeong Taeyong.” The guy just ignores him and coolly went to take a seat.“Annyeong Choa and Seol..hyun?” They look surprise at the greeting but gave him a smile anyway.

Park Chanyeol. He was the person who stood on the door to greet everyone who will enter their room. Chanyeol is very friendly up to the point that he sets aside embarrassment.

“Annyeong…Do Kyungsoo” Just like the others.. Kyungsoo gave him a weird look but he shrugged it off. “Hi.” He said again with slight awkwardness. Next one that arrives was Jooyeon.

“Annyeo—Jooyeon?!” Jooyeon stops and turn to the side where Chanyeol is standing. “It’s you! The one I saw next to my name in the list, I was calling you earlier but I guess you weren’t there yet..I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol excitedly offers his hand for a handshake. His hands were so big in Jooyeon’s eyes. She followed his hand up and knowing where this is going, Chanyeol stood up straight. Woah… so.. tall.

One of the traits Jooyeon likes in a guy is.. someone as tall as him. Her eyes stop on his face so he gave her a big smile showing his perfect teeth. Jooyeon’s lower lip jutted out a bit and went in to find a vacant seat. Height-passed, Face-failed. She doesn’t like smiley person, she prefer those that rarely smiles as if their smile is made of gold that it’ll go to waste if they stretched their lips.

Chanyeol retract his hand and tuck them back in his pocket. Despite being ignored, he follows her and sat down on the empty seat after her. Jooyeon sat on the second to the last seat which gave Chanyeol the perfect seat since he’s pretty tall so he doesn’t want to seat infront and end up blocking his other classmates’ view of the teacher.

 


 

The homeroom teacher is already in and discussing things with the students when suddenly the door opens and someone is in sight.

She turns to the door, averting her eyes from her notes of rules and reminders. Her eyes zeroed on the person bowing and calmly apologizing to the professor for being late in class. He has jet-black hair, a handsome face and his height—he’s probably taller than the door as he kept his head hung low while talking shortly to the teacher, plus, he has manners.

He’s the one. Jooyeon whispered to herself. He wasn’t smiling either.

 


 

“Hey Jooyeon-ssi, do you want to go with me?” Chanyeol who’s leaning on her back offered. “Uhm.. you can go ahead, I’m still not done fixing my things.” I told him with kind tone. Chanyeol then stood up and went beside the guy named Kyungsoo.

After the teacher left, everyone grabs their bags and heads to the auditorium as what he orders earlier. But someone was still in his seat…probably sleeping. I slowly walk to his side and reluctantly gently taps his shoulder.

“Uh, excuse me?”  

“Yeah?” he groggily answered with a husky-voice, without opening his eyes.

“Uh.. we all..need to go to the auditorium right now for the welcome ceremony. All of our classmates were now on their way there.” Upon hearing my sentence, he then lazily and sleepily stands up from his seat.

Now that he’s standing right beside me…I then realize. He’s so tall…really tall.

“Wu Yifan, right?” He turned around on my direction but his eyes were still glued on the ground, unable to open his eyes. “I’m Lee Jooyeon, your classmate. Sorry to wake you up.”

“It’s fine.” Yifan slowly opens his eyes and rubs the sleepiness away. “I shouldn’t be sleeping anyway. Did you say the auditorium?” He asked lifting his bag to his shoulder. I nodded shyly when he looks directly in my eyes. “I don’t know where is it? can I…uh.. go with you then? If that’s okay?” he asked it without a sign of shyness, not in flirting tone either.. “S-sure.” I answered hiding the excitement and nervousness I was having.

Yifan and I went out of the classroom together as I led the way. Yifan suddenly halted, blocking my path. “I haven’t properly introduced myself yet, I’m Wu Yifan but on my previous school they all call me Kris. And I’ll be more comfortable if you’ll call me just Kris instead.” Right after that, he offered his hand for a handshake. I took it and about to say my name again but he beats me to it. “Lee Jooyeon. I heard it the first time you said it.” he gave me a very small smile and even winked without distinct emotion.

 

And that’s how it started.

 

I fell.

 

 

 



Present time

2015, March

 

 

 

Now, we’re already in our senior year. Two years had passed and yet, we’re still just ‘friends’.

Kris and Chanyeol become part of the basketball team. After the first term, their manager had to quit school to study abroad. Being one of the officers of the school organization, Chanyeol and Kris team-up to convince me to replace their manager saying I can do well in it since I’m good in taking responsibilities.

I was qualified based on my abilities and grades (to make sure that I won’t fail classes for being a manager) so the coach announced that I’ll be the team’s new manager just a week after. Upon hearing it, Kai and his new found friend named Sehun also auditioned to be part of the team. Now that the best players already graduated, and they only got few from the fresmen last year to join the team, Kris became the captain, and his friends become the top players with the addition of Tao from Class C.  

 

Knowing Kris is counting on me makes me really happy.

No matter how hard it was, balancing duties, works and studying, nothing else matters as long as I can always be on his side. It’s more than enough.

 


 

“Luhan-ssi?”

“Yeah?” he cheerfully answered and turns to me with a smile. As one of the school officers, I was currently on the front gate sitting on a long table giving out school’s handbook and stuffs to the new students.

“You’re Luhan from class 1-A, right? First years need to wait in the auditorium before school and classes start so you better head there first.” I showed him a blue ribbon too, an indication that they are freshmen and instructed him to wear it the whole day.

“Uh, can you.. uh…” he scratches his head and looks at me shyly. “Uh sunbae, can you please accompany me there? I still don’t know the way, it’s my very first time here.” His eyes looks like it’s pleading. "Here's a map." I handed him the school map.

"But, I wouldn't it be better if you'll go with me?" He asks. Aish this kid. "Asks around, I'm sure everyone is friendly enough."

"You really can't help me?" he innocently asks once again. I rolled my eyes and gets back to work. the freshie then left with the map and with pouting lips. I sigh watching him and turns to my collegue. “Choa, I just have to accompany a lost puppy, I’ll be back soon.”

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Like what I said in Foreword, this is just a SHORT story so please don’t expect long chapters.

Also, in this story I’m TRUSTING everyone to think differently regarding EXO’s age line. :D

and bcos it's my birthday tomorrow I updated this forgotten story. haha sorry ><

probably some of u noticed how 'biased' she is when it comes to 'KRIS' ...i mean how she treated Chanyeol, Kai and most especially LUHAN compare to the giant haha

 

Let me know your thoughts about this story on the comments section.. ^^