Chapter 3 - Blooming Relationships

The Secret Behind your Silence

Taekwoon sighed as he heard his doorbell ringing. It had only been yesterday that Hakyeon had come and dragged him to the cafe, and subsequently followed by shopping and a movie, and here the guy was again.

How did Taekwoon know it was Hakyeon at his door without even checking? That was because the only person to ever come visit him was the man. His own parents didn’t even come to see him, not that he could complainabout that. They paid for his apartment ever since he moved out and since then he hasn’t seen or heard from them.

Instead of getting up Taekwoon just continued to sit and do his homework. Soon enough the ringing stopped and he heard the click of the door opening. Hakyeon had the spare key to his apartment so he could come in whenever, it was just that he liked to announce his presence before coming inside.

“Taekwoon! Get ready! We’re going out tonight!” Hakyeon announced as he made his way towards Taekwoon’s bedroom where he knew the male would be.

Taekwoon just glared at the other before going back to his homework. “No you have to come! I’m going to meet the guy from the cafe today. I mentioned him before right? The one I think is good looking? It’s awkward to go alone though so the other guy from the cafe is coming along too, but 3 people is more awkward than 2 so you have to come to balance it out,” Hakyeon said quickly, hoping to somehow convince his friend.

Taekwoon’s glare turned into one of almost curiosity as if to say, “You expect me being there to make it less awkward?”

Hakyeon understood and sighed, “That’s true but that Jaehwan guy seems nice. He can probably accept your not talking like I do. It will be fun. I swear. I will pay for you again. You just have to come. If it’s horrible you are free to leave. Honestly.”

Taekwoon sighed as well and pointed at his wrist, a sign the two had developed to mean what time is it at?

“I love you! Seriously Taekwoon thank you! If we leave in an hour it will be okay. We’re meeting them in front of the cafe they work at after their shift ends. You can finish your homework. I’ll go make myself at home in the living room,” Hakyeon said. He quickly hugged his best friend and then left the room, to allow him to finish.

Taekwoon just sighed, wondering what he had gotten himself into. Instead of worrying though he resumed doing his homework. There wasn’t much remaining so he finished with 30 minutes left before he had to leave. So he took to making sure that he looked okay. He didn’t consider himself a very good looking guy so he just washed his face quickly, styled his hair and then grabbed a stylish jacket to go with his clothes.

When he left the room Hakyeon smiled happily. “You look great! Though we have to do a bit more,” he said with a smile as he directed his friend back in the room where Taekwoon’s 20 minutes of hell started. His hair was styled properly, makeup was applied and his outfit was changed to one Hakyeon deemed “completely irresistible”. Taekwoon just sighed and accepted it, knowing there was no way to stop his friend.

With both looking “drop dead gorgeous” (according the Hakyeon) the two left Taekwoon’s apartment and headed towards the cafe from yesterday. Indeed in front of the cafe were the two servers from before: Wonshik, the one Hakyeon had deemed “smoking hot”, and Jaehwan, the one who “maybe had the ability to befriend Taekwoon”, also according to Hakyeon.

When the two saw the approaching pair Wonshik gave an awkward wave, which along with his manner yesterday Taekwoon took to mean the guy was probably interested in Hakyeon, and Jaehwan waved happily. Jaehwan was also the first to talk, “It’s nice to see you two again. I wasn’t expecting to see you so soon. Let’s have fun tonight!”

“It sounds nice! Let’s go get drunk!” Hakyeon laughed happily. Taekwoon just sighed, knowing how his friend got while drinking, but that was for these two to find out today.

The 4 started to move awkwardly forward, with Hakyeon and Jaehwan leading the group and chatting happily the whole time to one another. That left Taekwoon and Wonshik in the back with neither saying anything.

Wonshik warily spoke up, keeping his voice quiet so he wouldn't be heard, “Are you dating Hakyeon?”

Taekwoon shook his head and gave the younger male a look full of disgust. Why would he ever date Hakyeon? There was no way that would ever happen. Neither of them could see the other like that.

“That’s good. Does he like guys? If you know!” Wonshik continued, his voice just as quiet as before.

Taekwoon pulled out his cellphone instead of answering right away. He quickly typed something and then handed it to Wonshik to read, “Yes he does. If you like him just ask him out. He’s currently single and he thinks you’re attractive.” Obviously Taekwoon wasn’t one for subtlety. He just watched Wonshik’s face as he read the words.

“Are you serious?” He asked, his voice now much louder and drawing the attention of the two in front of them. Taekwoon just nodded as he grabbed his cellphone back, still as calm as ever. Wonshik on the other hand was smiling happily and one could feel the happiness radiating off of him.

Soon enough the four reached a small bar and went inside. Within minutes of sitting there 4 bottles of soju sat on the table. Taekwoon just sighed as Hakyeon started to pour the alcohol for everyone there.

As more alcohol was consumed Wonshik and Hakyeon began to only look and talk to one another, something that Taekwoon had expected to happen. That left just him and Jaehwan there together. Jaehwan was obviously the first to speak up, “You look really good tonight. Did you do it yourself?”

Taekwoon just shook his head and pointed at Hakyeon as a means of a response. Jaehwan understood his meaning though. “I see. You really don’t talk, huh?” he said. Sure it was meant as a passing remark but it still stung a bit.

Taekwoon just nodded. “I suppose you have your own reasons for not talking. I won’t make you don’t worry. Let’s just be friends first. I don’t mind if you don’t talk. I’m told I talk enough for 2 people so I can make up your share too I guess,” Jaehwan said happily.

This caught Taekwoon off guard. Usually when people found out he didn’t talk they all backed away from him and chose to not deal with him, since it was troublesome or weird. Some tried for a while and then gave up when finding out that he actually wouldn’t speak to them. This kind of reaction was a first. Even Hakyeon was different. As he had known Hakyeon before he stopped speaking it had just seemed like a natural step to stay together afterwards, there was no need for confirmation that their relationship would continue.

The two continued to chat for a while, well Jaehwan chatting and Taekwoon nodding in response or every so often typing up an answer on his cellphone. As Jaehwan drank more though he became more and more drunk. Actually all of them did. Except for Taekwoon, who was obviously the best drinker by far out of the four of them.

Hakyeon sighed and stood up. “Taekwoon! Come with me!” he practically yelled as he grabbed the other male’s hand and pulled him outside the bar.

Once they were safely outside Hakyeon turned to his friend, “I really like that guy! What should I do? I should ask him out right?”

Taekwoon just nodded, half ignoring his friend’s drunk rambling. “Does he like me? Do you think he likes me?” Again a nod in response, “Good if he doesn’t like me I don’t want to ask him out. There’s no point right? I’ll ask him out another day. Doing it while drunk is not a good idea. We’ll go on a date later and I’ll do it then.”

He was silent for a moment before he spoke up again, “My situation is simple at least. What about yours? You and that Jaehwan? You guys would make a good match. I give you my blessing. You have to ask him out, okay? Tonight. Since you’re not drunk.”

Taekwoon just stared at his friend and without emitting a single sound mouthed the words, “Not happening.” Then he grabbed his friend’s hand and returned to their seats where he sat Hakyeon down next to Wonshik once again.

Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon before speaking, “What did you two talk about?” Taekwoon just pointed at Hakyeon and then at Wonshik, hoping his message got across.

“Really? Is there a thing there?” Jaehwan asked, now really curious. Taekwoon kind of wanted to laugh, Jaehwan seemed almost like a middle aged woman looking for the most recent and juiciest gossip. He shook his head in response. Technically there wasn’t anything. Yet.

“They should hurry up. Wonshik has had a crush on him since who knows when. Probably from the first time Hakyeon came to the cafe. It’s weird right? Love at first sight. Though I feel I understand the guy now,” Jaehwan said with a sigh. He was talking even more now that he was drunk, and probably about things he wouldn’t normally.

Taekwoon just nodded while the younger spoke then typed a reply for the younger, “You fell in love with someone at first sight?”

The younger male just sighed and nodded before speaking, “I did. After talking with him too I fell even more in love. I’m sure he doesn’t like me though. Should I try and ask him out?”

Taekwoon just sighed, another drunk he had to deal with and on the same topic as Hakyeon, so he just nodded in response.

Taekwoon’s response started something completely unexpected for the male though. Jaehwan turned towards Taekwoon and bowed deeply before shouting, “I have fallen in love with you at first sight. Please go out with me!”

Taekwoon blinked in confusion, now everyone in the store was staring at them, especially the stupid pair across from them, Hakyeon and Wonshik. Taekwoon sighed and grabbed Jaehwan’s hand before running out of the shop.

He stared blankly at Jaehwan before typing something on his phone and showing it to the younger, “Are you serious?”

Jaehwan nodded enthusiastically. “I am. I thought you were attractive since yesterday and after talking to you today I found out I really like your personality too,” he explained quickly.

Taekwoon sighed and typed a much longer message for the boy, “You know I don’t talk right? I’m a gloomy and unsociable person with only 1 friend. I’m not particularly good looking. There is nothing special about me. You’re better off not dating someone like me.”

Jaehwan shook his head after reading it, “I don’t think so. You’re incredibly handsome to me and while you don’t talk it doesn’t make you gloomy or unsociable. I mean you have 3 friends now, right? Me and Wonshik as well though I don’t want to be just friends. Honestly please go out with me. I promise I won’t make you sad.”

The older sighed as he thought about this situation. Sure he had thought Jaehwan was attractive but he felt he wasn’t good enough for the younger male. It seemed that Jaehwan didn’t care though. After letting another sigh escape Taekwoon begrudgingly nodded.

“Wait! You accept? You’ll date me?” Jaehwan asked happily.

Taekwoon once again just nodded.

“I’m so happy. Thank you, thank you!” Jaehwan said. “Can I see your cellphone?” he asked right after.

Taekwoon just nodded and handed his phone over to the younger. After a moment the younger spoke up, “Done!” Once had had received his phone he looked at the screen, there was the name ‘Jaehwanie~ <3” He just sighed and sent the number a simple message, ‘Taekwoon’.

Jaehwan smiled happily and grabbed Taekwoon’s hand before walking back into the store. As soon as they walked in the door Hakyeon and Wonshik stared at the two in disbelief. The stares lasted all the way until the two were seated once again.

“You actually agreed?” Hakyeon asked, completely in shock. After a short nod from Taekwoon he smiled happily, “That’s great. Jaehwan you have to take care of him, okay? He’s kind of stupid and annoying but he’s a good guy. I will entrust his care to you from now on, okay?”

Jaehwan nodded, “I will try my best to make him happy, please don’t worry.”

Taekwoon just sighed at the stupidity. It seemed more like he was being married off than just starting to date at this point. He obviously didn’t say anything about this though, just let the two idiots have their moment together.

At this time Wonshik spoke up though, “I can’t accept this! How can you two start dating before me? Hakyeon please go out with me!” He said, following Jaehwan’s bowing style from before.

Hakyeon was obviously surprised but soon broke into a huge smile, “Of course I will! It took you long enough to ask!” He softly grabbed Wonshik’s head and brought it up before giving him a peck on the cheek, something that caused Wonshik to blush.

Taekwoon sighed. He was surrounded by idiots. “Take care of him. He’s an idiot,” he typed and showed only to Wonshik, who laughed and nodded. Taekwoon sighed. This was too much to happen in one night. As he was wondering what would happen next Hakyeon laid down and fell asleep in Wonshik’s lap.

Taekwoon sighed and grabbed the man’s wallet from his pocket. He promptly went to pay and came back. “I’ll take Hakyeon back to my place to sleep,” he typed and showed to Wonshik.

“No way! We just started dating there’s no way I’m letting him stay over at another guy’s house!” Wonshik said, trying to protect the man sleeping in his lap.

“I’m dating Jaehwan. You know this right?” Taekwoon typed, getting annoyed at the younger male.

“Oh yeah. Anyway I’ll stay over at your place too then! I have to protect Hakyeon!” Wonshik shouted.

Taekwoon sighed, seemed there was no going around this. “Fine. Let’s get going. Can you carry him?” he typed before grabbing his coat and the rest of his and Hakyeon’s things.

As Taekwoon was grabbing things Wonshik picked up the sleeping male and nodded at Taekwoon. As the two were leaving the store Jaehwan followed afterwards and caught up to Taekwoon, grabbing his hand. “Can I stay over too?” he asked quietly, afraid of the response he would get.

Taekwoon looked a bit surprised at the question, but blushed lightly as he looked down at the ground. The only response he gave was a nod, something that made Jaehwan incredibly happy.

When they arrived at Taekwoon’s apartment the owner directed them to various rooms, Wonshik and Hakyeon got the guest bedroom, complete with two separate single beds. Jaehwan on the other hand got to go to Taekwoon’s room. Taekwoon didn’t expect anything to happen and his imagination proved to be correct when he came back to his room after washing up and saw the younger male sleeping soundly on his bed. All he could do was let out a soft chuckle as he crawled into bed next to the younger, who somehow immediately hugged the new addition to the bed. “This isn’t too bad” was all Taekwoon thought as he drifted off to sleep.

 

[A/N] This chapter is way longer than I expected it to be. Sorry. Haha. Though now Keo and Navi are official~! This is basically just a fluff chapter. Next chapter is pretty much just fluff as well. I promise it will get more interesting soon

Also thank you to everyone who has suscribed or even just read the story so far.