New Day, New Beginning?

Fate and Faith

"RRRIIIIINN*slap*"

The shrill alarm ring stopped short as your hand shot out from beneath the covers. You slammed down on the snooze button and sighed. You promised you'd wake up today so you could buy some groceries for your aunt, so today wasn't a day to snooze. You flipped the blanket away from you with a kick of the right leg and dragged your feet out the door and into the living room, leaving your blanket sprawled messily on the ground. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'll be going now! All you need is written here right?" You shouted to your Aunt with eyes fixated on the shopping list she'd written for you the day before. Soon after, you exited the house and shut the gate. Sub-consciously humming to yourself, you turned away from the gate, ready to leave when suddenly,

"Oof!" 

You slammed into someone, hard. You immediately looked up and bowed profusely, only to realize that that person you'd slam into earlier had been none other than the guy from the day before. Your eyes rounded and you slowly looked back up to the boy. 

"Oh...my..gosh sorr-" You took a step back lost your balance. You somehow knew your ankle was done for, given how you thought you'd fall. But then, everything seemed to happen too quickly. The moment you opened your eyes, you were sitting on the floor and your right foot had been contorted into some strange position that just wasn't right. Then, the pain came. It seared up your leg and you grimaced in pain. You immediately reached for the nearby pole to regain your balance, but the boy before you grabbed your wrist and yanked the shopping list out of your grip. Crumpling it in his hand, he reached over and held you by the waist, helping you up. 

It never occured to you before, but if you thought about it, your heart raced the moment you saw this boy yesterday. No no, the thing was:You never felt this way when you saw a boy before. No matter how cute, how handsome, how tall, you couldn't recall meeting a boy that made you feel like that.

"You can't get anywhere with this swollen ankle. Let me help you..."

He grabbed your arm and put it over across his shoulder, and with another arm around your waist, he led you back to your Aunt's house. When the gate clicked open, your Aunt sighed and said, "I knew she wouldn't get to the grocery store without tripping over her own legs. Come in."

You sat on the sofa as your Aunt got her bag out. "I'll be going for the groceries! Jungkook-ah, You help this clumsy girl with her ankle and I'll be back soon." Your eyes widened. With your head still angled towards your Aunt, you watched her leave as she disappeared out the gate. 

Oh no oh no who's this guy anyway oh my goodness no

"Yknow you're the first person whom I've met who has the ability to injure herself without even getting ten steps away from home." 

You looked back at him. He was sitting cross legged on the ground, eyes on your ankle. He opened the medicinal kit and got out a bandage, together with some medicinal oil.

"I'm Jungkook by the way. I live in um 110. But I guess you already knew that from yesterday." He swung his head to the direction of his house before glancing up at you and then back down chuckling.

You closed your eyes and rolled them before looking away. 

"Don't tense up. It's gonna hurt more." He whispered as he finished bandaging your ankle. You looked back down at your ankle and your eyes unknowingly shifted to Jungkook. He sighed and stood up, closing the medicinal kit. Finally, he looked back at you and grinned. You shook your thoughts away slightly as he made his way to the door. 

"Hey um" You started. 

Jungkook stopped in his tracks and turned back to face you. 

"Hm..?"

"Sorry... and thanks." You said.

His face broke out into a grin and without reply, he strided out the doorstep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Is the story progressing too slowly? :-( Please let me know in the comments!