Second Place

Grey Blue, Hey You~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

tags; #goojunhoe #ikon #yangyena #april #oneshot #formybae

 

xxx. Second Place

Yang Yena never knows how it feels to be the first of all. She’s too accustomed to the second place, becoming second priority below anyone else. It never bothers her, really, because her brother—or the adorable Lee Jinsol were deserved that. Until one certain guy who transferred to her school and becomes so popular lately, everything before was okay.

She was alright.

It was okay when her family almost didn’t come to her award ceremony and missed her speech. She got a second place anyway in that Essay Writing Contest and it was the same time as her family and Kang family had lunch together for the first time since her brother, Yang Yeosob, officially engaged to Kang Jiyoung.

It was okay when Lee Jinsol got more attention and congratulation for her third place and even though Yena was above her. Jinsol is an adorable dongsaeng who is smart enough to get the same class as hers, so Yena thought she didn’t mind. Jinsol deserved that. And Yena herself was on second place anyway—nothing to be proud of or something.

Enters Goo Junhoe, with his arrogant, cold exterior who easily beats her and being first place for the last exam. He becomes popular in the school so effortlessly, and Yena wouldn’t mind it at all only if he didn’t rub her being second place all the time.

“So, finally someone took down your throne and you became in second place.” He says randomly, while the other students still in their euphoria of congratulating their dongsaeng-friend and like a magnet, all the attention are on hers now. Yena fidgeting on her spot, confused whether to glare at Junhoe or thank him because everybody seems interested in her failing achievement now.

“Congratulation.” She says that instead, before quickly disappears from the information board, trying to stay away from the crowd—from one certain guy—as far as she can.

He has no idea how often she is placed in second by everyone around her.

She knows she will never be their first.

But at one fine evening Yena thinks she’s going back to okay again. Why not? When she knew Choi Hansol (her crush!) and her were paired up for Biology assignment and he decided to start their project today—after school ended, Yang Yena can’t be any happier than now. She tries to suppress her widened smile although it’s kind of failed since Junhoe threw her a judging-you-look when they passed by at the locker.

But screw that arrogant bastard! She’s got a date with the number one guy you want to date this winter as Teen!—their school magazine stated based on the poll with their female students. It’s quite a long time ago before Goo-what-are-you-looking-at-Junhoe transferred here, but still.

Choi Hansol is the perfect model how guy’s smile should look like. His smile is the brightest and in her eyes, it’s perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter