Key Umma

Unstoppable

 

Note: throughout the fanfic, when there is a space and the POV didn't change, it means that time has skipped

 

~Chapter Seven~

Key Umma

 

 

Key's POV~

 

“If anything happens to Taemin, I'm going to make all of you suffer.” I choke out as the uncontrollable tears flow down my face. Worried. I am so worried I think I might go crazy. I am so grateful that the car has stopped in time, merely bumping into Taeminnie, but I am so scared for him. Despite the light collision, he indeed feel down and his head harshly met the solid street. The doctors are giving him a full check up right now, to make sure he has no internal injuries...

“Taemin pushed Minho's hands, making himself fly back, it wasn't fully his fault-”

“Don't you dare try to make this situation sound better than it is Jonghyun.” I spat. “You of all people should stay shut. You do know this is partially your fault. Have you forgotten the past already?”

“Hey hey hey, let's cool down.” Onew sighs. “Key is only worrying; I am too. If it wasn't for the past, Taemin wouldn't have been so angry. Taeminnie wouldn't have had to suffer and live his life happily. He wouldn't have been in this mess. I take full responsibility.” He bows.

“No, I should.” Minho finally looks up. “It was all my mother-”

“Now is not the time to take blame. We can only pray for him okay? Taemin will be alright. Just believe me.” Jonghyun says. Taemin's mother walks into the hallway with a relieved face. This is the first time I have ever met her. Not once has Taeminnie let us find out about his family...She looks so fragile. Her hair is put into a messy bun, with the scrunchy replaced by a rubber band. Her clothes looks worn out and her eyes have dark circles under them. Her lips are chapped and her fair skin has lost its shine. All in all, I feel like Taemin's mom is under a lot of stress...She is trying her best to provide for her son. I will help you protect Taemin, don't worry.

“What did the doctor say?” Onew asks her.

“Fortunately, the car only bumped Taemin just enough to make him fall over. He mainly has external injuries. His head on the other hand...” She sighs. “It's nothing big, but he just has a slight concussion. The doctor says he can just go home when he wakes up, but has to avoid using his brain too much and keep calm. Bright lights should bother him too...I hope he's not having a performance today...” She mumbles.

“No worries Mrs. Lee, he's not performing today.” I smile. “Do you still have work? I promise I'll take care of him while you're gone.”

“Would you please? My boss has been bothering me continuously. I really appreciate your help.”

“No problem, Taeminnie has always been great to me. I really hope I can take care of him well.”

“Thank you, please tell him to contact me if anything.” She smiles tiredly and runs towards the parking lot.

“Where am I!?” We hear Taemin's weak voice from behind the door. “Who are you!?” Immediately I dash into the room. Taemin is currently struggling with the doctors weakly. His face is written with fright and confusion. His eyes looks tired and his voice is shaky...are they sure he only has a slight concussion?

“Taemin!” I yell and run towards him. I push the doctors away and embrace him, hoping that I can calm him down. “Taebaby, Key umma is here.” I whisper in his ear. “What's wrong with you? You're never this violent...Please calm down. I promise that they won't hurt you.” I pull away and study his face. His eyes are scanning my face and his hands are on my chest. Is he trying to push me away? “Do you...know who I am?”

“K-Ke-y u-u-umma...K-Key umma...” He looks down and holds onto his head, and repeats my name multiple times, as if he is trying to remember who I am. His unoccupied hand drops and grips onto his shirt. He can't seriously forget me right? The car only bumped him. The doctors confirmed that he only has a slight concussion...How?!

“What's wrong with him!?” I scream at the doctors.

“It's all your fault!” I run towards Minho and grab his collar. “If it wasn't for your f***ing mother making Jonghyun and Onew obey her, he wouldn't be in this mess! I hate you! Give him his f***ing memories back!” I push Minho to the wall and raise my fist to punch him.

“Don't hurt him!” Taemin runs in front of Minho and spreads out his arms. “Don't.” He repeats and shakes his head slowly. Why is he protecting him? He doesn't remember anyone...“Please.” He says and hugs me.

“I won't.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.” He lets go of me and returns to the bed as if nothing has happened...

 

If Taemin truly has suffered memory lost like the doctors explained...then has he forgotten...everything? When he returned to school, he didn't remember who I was...he merely told me that he was the best friend of the deceased Lee Taemin...if that's the case...then has this accident made him erase all of his memories instead of only that part...? If so...can he finally live on peacefully?

“Can I talk to you Key umma?” Taemin asks me quietly. I nod and smile at him, patting the cushion next to mines. He returns the smile and sits down next to me. “Thank you for letting me stay at your house today.”

“Your mom is busy working, I can't worry her by leaving you alone in the house. Not to mention that you lost your memory.”

“Still, thank you.” He pats my hand.

“How are you feeling?”

“My head still hurts a little.” He pouts.

“Do you need me to get you some medicine?”

“Ani, I just need to rest a little.”

“Then let's go to bed. You're not suppose to be using your brain too much anyways.”

“I don't want to.”

“Why?”

“I don't want to be alone...I know nothing, I remember nothing...”

“You still are yourself, there is nothing to be scared about. Your memories will return soon enough.” I smile.

“But still...I only remember my umma, my house, and my appa...nothing else. I'm pretty much like a blank sheet of paper right now.”

“Then...how about sleeping with me?” I offer.

“You wouldn't mind?” He sits up and smiles happily.

“Why would I?” I ruffle his hair. “Come on, my bed is huge.” I take his hand and guide him into my room. My parents usually aren't home on the weekdays, so it's just going to be Taemin and I in the house, not including the maid of course.

“Key umma, are you rich?” He asks.

“Ani, my parents are.” I smile and settle down on the bed. I clap and the lights turn off, making the glow-in-the-dark star on the ceiling glow. I pull up the fluffy blanket and cover us both. I try to sleep, but my wandering mind doesn't let me. I keep on wondering how Taemin is feeling. Waking up and finding yourself in a strange place encountering people you don't remember must be hard...not to mention his mom isn't able to be around him for support...

“Key umma...” He whispers.

“Yes?” I whisper back.

“Are you asleep?”

“Not yet.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Mm.” I reply.

“Were we close?”

“When?”

“Before my memory lost.”

“Of course. You see, we go to school together, so I do get to see you. Despite the weird rules of our private school, we still attend class together. I don't think you remember this, but our school copies the other schools in America, so the classes are weird.”

“So...were we like best friends?”

“I considered you to be mine...but I don't actually knew how you felt. Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, Minho, you, and I use to hang out a lot then."

“You called them hyung...why didn't you call them hyung when you were taking to them?”

“Because we're just like that.” I can't believe he forgot this much...

“Why do I call you Key umma?”

“Because I treat you like my own child.”

“Then why don't I call you Key appa?”

“I guess it just fits me?” I chuckle.

“What about Minho hyung? Am I close to him?”

“Not so much...”

“Waeyo?” Despite the darkness, I can tell he is pouting.

“Because...you guys both had some misunderstandings...”

“Like what?”

“Like...let's talk about this tomorrow okay? I'm a bit tired.” I lie.

“Okay Key umma.” He pecks my hand and rolls over to the side. How can such a cute person have so much sufferings? Taemin-ah, I have to protect you from your memories, no matter what.

 

Taemin's POV~

 

I smile to myself as Key hyung snuggles with me. Never has he ever shown so much affection. Does he, and has he always cared for me? Truthfully? It hurts me to lie to him...I just really can't take it anymore. Revenge sounds so great...but I can't do it. No matter what the past was, they all care for me now in the present. I forgive Minho hyung for abandoning me. I forgive Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung for bullying me. I forgive those three for hurting me...At least that's what I should do...despite my thirst for revenge...I am too weak to do so. I can't make myself hurt anyone...

Maybe acting like I forgot everything is going to help...maybe Minho hyung and I can mend our broken friendship and Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung can accept me. Maybe...revenge isn't needed...Maybe I can finally move on...“Never.”

 

 

 

Yes I was being a troll keke ^_^Thank you for commenting~ I actually already knew what to write and just wanted to see what my readers are thinking. I have all my ideas planned out already, so don't worry! I hope this didn't disappoint any of you. Throughout the conversations in most chapters have hidden hints of the truth. Can you figure it out?