Ottoke

Unstoppable

 

~Chapter Three~

Ottoke

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

“Minho hyung, were you involve with Lee Taemin's death?” Immediately Minho hyung's eyes widened and everyone- including Key hyung, who was in the bathroom- stuck their eyes on Minho hyung and I.

“Wh-what? Taemin-ah, are you saying I was involved-”

“Just answer the question hyung.” I cut him off. I will not let this go.

“I don't know.”

“What do you mean you don't know!?” I say loudly, standing up.

“I-I don't know Taemin. I just don't okay?” Minho hyung looks down.

“That's not possible, I saw you-”

“Taeminnie, calm down.” Onew hyung hugs me slightly and pulls me outside of the room and closes the door. “Can you come outside with me?” I sigh, trying to calm myself down. I nod and we both go outside and sit on Jonghyun hyung's house's porch. “Tell me what's wrong?” He asks me. I keep quiet and after a minute or two, he talks again. “Do you...know this Lee Taemin? The one that's deceased?” He asks me. Again, I did not answer. “You know you can tell me anything Taemin. We've been friends for a while now, you don't trust me?” He gets up and sits on the other side of me so I can face him. “I promise I'll keep it a secret. I won't tell any of the SHINee members, my family, no one. I promise you.”

I have a sudden urge to tell him everything. His gentle voice and sincerity is very persuasive... “Hyung...I can't tell you...But...I can give you a hint.”

“Anything. As long as it helps you calm down and feel better. I don't want anyone in SHINee to feel sad or feel like they can't fit in. We know each and every secret each member has.”

“Then can you tell me something first hyung?” I ask.

“Of course.”

“Do you know anything about Minho and the death of Taemin?” I asks him. Onew hyung shakes his head and thinks for a bit.

“He just told us in that time period, he was very ill and his parents moved his school and activities so he wouldn't be affected. Turns out, Minho didn't know Taemin has died until he came back.”

“What?!” I practically scream. “That's not possible! I saw him. I saw Minho hyung there. I saw everything! He even threw my father's-”

“What do you mean Taemin?” He cuts me off. “Were you there when you saw Taemin...dying?” He asks slowly.

“I don't feel good Onew hyung. See you Monday.” I end the conversation and walk home, leaving Onew hyung confused and alone. After I reach the end of the street, I look back and see Onew hyung enter the house again. I hope he won't tell the other members like he promised me. I trust him.

 

“Onew hyung is calling pick up the phone~” My phone rings. Key hyung made each member of SHINee record a message so every time they call, their voices would be the ringer. I stretch a bit on my bed and sit up, reaching for the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” I answer the phone.

“I've been thinking about what you told me Taemin-ah...” Onew hyung says. “I actually did some research on your behalf...Would you like me to bring the files to you now? I'm going out so I can pass by.” My heart beats faster and faster. Does this mean I can find out about my father's chain? Does this mean that I can find everything out? Does this mean I can...get revenge? Taemin, snap out of it! You already said that you wouldn't stoop so low. Those that have caused your death must have punished themselves. They must have felt terribly guilty or something of that sort. Revenge isn't in your vocabulary! I slap myself hard, just to shake the thoughts out of my head. “Taemin-ah?” Onew hyung calls me. I didn't remember that he was still on the phone.

“Onew hyung, can you hold onto it for me? I think it's best if I get it later.”

“Anything you want Taem.” Onew hyung answers.

“Thanks a lot hyung.”

“No problem, anything for my lovely dongsaeng.” Lovely dongsaeng?

“Bye hyung.”

“Annyeong.” I hang up the phone and lay back on my bed. Tomorrow I'll get to see the files. One day. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of the information in the files. Has Onew hyung read it? Does he think it's safe enough for me to read it? I'm afraid. What if...What if the word “revenge” pops up in my mind when I read it? What if my self control cannot hold back my instincts. Revenge. Why do I keep thinking about that word?

 

Monday Morning~

 

My alarm calls me awake. I reach my hand over and turn it off. I get up quickly and get ready for school. I walk downstairs and check the kitchen for my breakfast. Mom's working. I read the note she left on last night's leftovers.

 

My lovely son, I'm sorry I can't send you off to school the past few weeks. Umma has to finish the errand to end our debt. It's almost that time of year again; we have to visit your appa. I'm not even sure I can go with you. I promise I'll see you some time this week. I think I'll have a some time off in the middle of the week. Do well in school okay? Hwaiting! Good luck today my love <3

 

-Your one and only

 

I shove the note in my pocket and put on my shoes. I will see appa on Wednesday. I miss him a lot. Too bad umma might not be able to go with me. But I shouldn't be sad, it always happened that way...

I run to school and arrive there earlier than I've expected. The data. I almost forgot about the researched information Onew hyung will give me. Revenge. I shake my head and try to forget about that word.

“Taebaby!” Key hyung runs to me and quickly hugs me. The others soon join us and all of SHINee is here.

“We're glad you're here! We were about to call you. We just found out some great news.” Minho hyung smiles.

“What is it?” I ask smiling. Nothing is better than seeing the people you like in the morning.

“They're going to have a small prize for any extra-curricular activities you may do.” Jonghyun hyungs says.

“That's great!” I smile wider.

“The only problem is, it's all competitions. There is only one prize for each activity.” Onew hyung says.

“Oh...” I lower my head.

“We were planning to join one.” Key hyung says.

“One?” I ask. “Only one?” Chances of me winning are low...

“Of course, because we will obviously win.” Onew hyung wraps his arm around my shoulder, smiling.

“How can you all be so sure?” I ask.

“It's a group performance. That has the best prize I'll say.” Minho hyung smiles.

“What's the prize?” I ask.

“No homework for a month.” Jonghyun hyung cheers.

“How is this even allowed?!” I ask loudly, causing my hyungs to laugh.

“It's a private school, go figure.” Key hyung folds his arms and winks.

“So, what are we going to perform?” I look at my hyungs.

“We are going to win this by dancing.” Onew hyung nods.

“Dancing?! You're planning to count me out right?” I drop my jaw. Never in my life have I ever danced in public. Even though it is my hobby, I know I'm not good enough. My once flabby arms and lack of confidence have lowered my standards. I don't know...I don't want anyone to see me dancing...

“You're funny maknae.” Minho hyung ruffles my hair.

“You're going to be our lead dancer.” Onew hyung pats my back.

“BWOH!?”

 

End of school~

 

“Taemin!” Onew hyung calls for me. I turn around and see him running, catching up to me. “You didn't think I forgot did you?” Onew hyung smiles and takes out a manilla folder and passes it to me. I take it and look at him with a questioning gaze. “I promise that I didn't read any of the information. I got those files from my close uncle who works for the city police. I didn't tell him or anyone about it either. Everything is a secret between you and I.” He assures me before I can asks him any questions.

“Thank you hyung.” I say.

“Don't mention it. I just want you to be happy. Stress isn't good for your health.” Onew hyung pokes my nose and smiles. “I'm leaving now, see you.” Hyung fixes my bangs before leaving.

I look down at the cold folder in my hand. I quickly run to my house and slam the door shut the minute I entered. Not bothering to take off my shoes, I open the folder and stare at the words. “Lee Taemin blah blah blah...” I read the words I see, skipping my information. “Here.” I say aloud. “Choi Minho.” I point at hyung's name and run to my kitchen table, scattering the files around the table. “Choi Minho.” I read slowly. “Was not able to be investigated due to disappearance.” I scan the other files and look for his name once more but found nothing. Disappearance? Why in the world would hyung disappear? No one who is innocent would have to flee after knowing they will be investigated on.

I slam my fists on the table and pull on my hair in frustration. He can't be innocent. Not after his disappearance. No, Choi Minho hasn't changed. He is this the devilish male who wished for you to die- the one that disrespected your father. He acted like nothing happened. I questioned him and he acted like he knew nothing. How dare he call Lee Taemin his friend? How dare he act innocent. How can someone be so evil to the point that someone's death doesn't affect them one bit. I-I....What can I do now? Revenge. Revenge. Revenge.

I hit my head multiple times to knock the thoughts out of my head, but to no avail. Revenge. My heart is yearning for revenge. I want it. I am thirsty for his blood. I want him to feel my pain. I want him to lose something precious to him. I want him to suffer!

“Stop stop STOP!” I bang my head furiously on the table, hoping that the pain would distract me from my devilish thoughts. “Lee Taemin. Minho hyung is nicer now. He always smiled at you and taught you how to have fun as well as Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, and Key hyung. Revenge. No, you can't think of that word.” I tell myself as the tears flow down my cheeks. I'm fighting with my own thoughts. My emotions and thoughts contradicting one another. “Ottoke?” I sob and caress my throbbing head. “What should I do!?” I scream in agony.