Chapter 4

When Dark Turns Into Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyun's POV:

I stared boredly at the board twirling my pen around my fingers.  My eyes threatening to close.  I stared sadly at the empty cup of coffee I had next to me. I heaved a sigh as I continued copying down the notes the professor had written on the board.  I had learned all of this last night when I did the assigned homework, but most of our class didn't.  Instead of moving on we were going over yesterday's material.  Hyuna had fallen asleep next to me pen poised on her notebook.  Like myself, Hyuna had brains and was considered one of the smartest people in our grade.  However, since she was pretty and popular, no one dared to pick on her as they did to me.  If I was with Hyuna they would leave me alone but if I wasn't they'd be throwing insults left and right.  The golden question always seemed to be, Why was Hyuna who was popular and could have all the friends in the world friends with the school's outcast?

My phone screen blinked on.  I squinted at the small screen.  One new text message it informed me.  I glanced at Hyuna who was still dead asleep.  My eyebrows furrowed.  Who would be texting me at 10AM? Scratch that, who other than Hyuna would text me anyways.  I glanced at the teacher who didn't seem to care what anyone in the class was doing before pressing open the text.

To: Jihyun

From: Mark

PD noona said there's no filming today since it got moved to tomorrow to fit your schedule.  You're in class now right? Work hard! :)

I sat there re-reading the text over and over again. Mark had texted me. Mark from GOT7 who I was virtually married to texted me.  If I was any other girl I would be yelling and screaming so hard.  Showing it off to all my friends.  But I wasn't that person.  I glanced at the teacher again before typing a response and sending it.

To: Mark

From: Jihyun

You have practice right? With your group? Don't overwork yourself.

It was a simple message but at the same time it was caring enough. Hyuna stirred next to me rubbing her eyes as she sat up.  She glanced at my phone that still had Mark's message open.  Her eyes scanned the context before she broke out into a grin just as the bell rang.  She pulled me to my feet before dragging me out the door, my phone in her hand.  Leading me outside, we sat underneath a giant tree letting the tree's leaves block the sunlight.

"So, you and Mark huh?" She said playfully flaunting my phone in her hands.  I rolled my eyes at her antics.

"You're the one that signed me up for this.  It easily could be you and Mark on tv unni." I reminded her.

She waved me off.  "I wanted you to be on the show.  To get you to open up.." She trailed off.  Before staring at me.  "Just like you were before the last year of middle school." She finished softly.

I froze.  I squeezed my eyes tight as images ran through my mind.  The last year of middle school was horrid.  The car accident that claimed the lives of my parents.  I had bounced around from relative to relative, each one worse than the last, blaming me for my parents death.  If only you hadn't whined about wanting to go to the park.  Was what they said, Maybe your parents would still be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter