All I want for Christmas (Seohyunxyou)

Winter Tales [on a HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

*****

Day 1:

 

 

"Are you going to write to the Santa?" a little girl poked Seohyun with excited eyes.

"Of course I will, little one. Now got to your Mommy. She must be looking for you." Seohyun answered in English, smiled and gently guided the girl away. That was quite random. A little girl holding a brown bear just poked SNSD's Seohyun and asked if she was going to write to the Santa. Weird.

"You aren't going to do it, eh?" Taeyeon said flipping through an Elle magazine.

"What's the point anyway? It's not like the Santa is real."

"Geez, way to ruin the Christmas mood Hyunnie." Sooyoung chipped from other side of the coffee table. All nine of Girls' Generation were gathered in a cafe they dearly loved in New York. It was nicely decorated and it was quiet. No paparazzi nor fans were around. Nobody even knew who SNSD was or that they were going to spend their Christmas in New York City and they wanted it to stay that way. Just the nine of them enjoying time together.

"Let's pretend the Santa is real. Now Hyunnie, what do you want for Christmas?" Hyoyeon asked looking over their maknae. It was week before Christmas, and everyone was panicking about Christmas shopping. They saw New Yorkers rushing left and right outside the cafe's window carrying boxes and bags of all sorts.

"It's something you can't buy." Seohyun said quietly, looking at her members. She was kind of embarrassed because of her wish. It was something that silly teenagers would wish. Seohyun was a grown up woman.

"Something you can't buy..." Yoona mumbled in deep thought.

"Freedom?" suggested Yuri, but Seohyun shook her head hoping that they would quit the guessing game before it even had fully started.

"Health?" Sooyoung suggested this time hoping to get it right.

"That's a good one unnie, but no."

"Damn!"

"What about...what about happiness?" Tiffany joined the guessing game, but her answer was wrong too. Luckily.

"Oh! I know!" Sunny raised her hand and pointed to Seohyun, "Love." she simply said. Seohyun didn't react in any way. Soon blush was rushing to her cheeks.

"Assa! Nice one Sunny-ah!" Hyoyeon shared a high-five with Sunny.

"That's a nice thing to wish indeed." Taeyeon said smiling to the red Seohyun. There can be different kinds of love: puppy love, love between friends and family and then there was true love, the type of love with romance, affection, intimacy, happiness and perfect connection between two humans. It was the type of love Seohyun wanted. It was the type of love what was nearly impossible to find. Gladly they didn't start guessing what kind of love was Seohyun wanting.

"Sorry to bother you," a waitress with a name tag saying Mina said, "the baristas messed up some of your orders and it's going to take longer." the waitress spoke in perfect English. Tiffany being the fluent English speaker she was, answered back to the waitress who asked what their orders were again.

"I apologize once again and be back with your orders as soon as possible." the waitress Mina smiled genuinely before bowing and heading back to the counter.

"She bowed." Yoona stated with a hint of a question.

"She did. What if she knows us?" Yuri wondered tugging Jessica's cardigan.

"Tiff will ask her if she does know us." Jessica answered and Tiffany nodded. They went on talking about where they wanted to visit and what they wanted to do. Some mentioned the Statue of Liberty, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park and all other famous tourist attractions. Soon enough the waitress came back with their orders and placed them to the table.

"Excuse me." Tiffany took a hold of Mina's arm.

"Ah yes? What can I do for you?" Mina asked politely, not moving her arm from Tiffany's hold.

"Do you by any chance happen to know us?"

Mina stayed quiet for a while thinking her answer. She looked around the table from a member to another member.

"Hypothetically speaking, if I say yes will you girls leave at this instant or stay here?"

"I think we'd stay." Seohyun answered, what surprised Tiffany and the other members. Usually Tiffany or Jessica did all the English talking within the group. Why was the maknae so eager to answer?

"Then yes, I do know you. In fact, I think there isn't a Korean person who happens to like the music of her country and who wouldn't know something about you."

"Are you going to tweet about us being here?" Seohyun asked, surprising the members even more.

"Nope. You are humans too and deserve to breathe, eat, live and love as you like."

'Love as we like? I like her way of thinking..' Seohyun thought as she looked at the brunette waitress.

"I wish the eating part was true." Sooyoung joked in English joining their conversation. Seohyun and Sooyoung were also quite good English speakers, but they usually didn't speak to anyone outside their group. Mina laughed politely to Sooyoung's joke and agreed on it.

"What are these post-it-notes here for?" Jessica decided to ask. It had bothered her to no end since they entered the cafe.

"Oh those are for the customers to write down their Christmas greetings or wishes. Then this cafe's staff forwards them to the Santa. If you want you can go and stick them on the wall over there." Mina pointed to a wall almost disappearing under yellow post it notes.

"Thank you," Tiffany said smiling to Mina, "we won't hold you off from your work from any longer." Mina bid her goodbyes to the girls and went back to do her thing.

"I say we write on these." Tiffany continued and so the girls except Seohyun did. They wrote down their Christmas whishes, but instead of sticking them up the wall they handed all of them to Taeyeon, who was in charge of the presents this year.

"You are not writing anything?" Sunny asked Seohyun when she noticed the maknae being in deep thought. "Hyunnie?" Sunny poked gently on Seohyun's arm.

"Uh oh, no I'm not unnie. I don't know what would I write."

"Don't be silly now. Write what you said earlier. The love thing." Sunny ushered, shoving a post-it-note and a black sharpie to Seohyun. The maknae stared at the note a while thinking if she really should do it. In the end she decided to write on it:
 

 

"Dear Santa,

All I want

is true love

this Christmas."

 

 

She draw the 'o' of the word love as a small heart. She hesitated before handling the note to Taeyeon. The kid leader read the note and smirked. She leaned over to Tiffany and whispered something into the American's ear. A smile of mischievous rose on Tiffany's lips as she waved the same waitress from earlier to come to their table. Seohyun could only watch in horror as Tiffany whispered something to the waitress and gave Seohyun's post-it-note to her. The waiter smiled before leaving the group.

"U-unnie, w-what d-did you do?" Seohyun asked, her mind buzzing with millions of questions.

"You'll see~" Tiffany sang looking at the waitress putting up Seohyun's post-it-note on the wall covered by many other notes.

"Your Christmas wish was something I can't get for you." Taeyeon explained calmly, "As Mina-ssi said earlier, they forward the messages to the Santa. I think he might be able to make your wish come true."

"B-but unnie!" Seohyun whined, "You know Santa isn't real."

"Oh shush you little one." Taeyeon waved her hand at Seohyun.
 

 

Day 2:

 

How could they do that? What did Seohyun do to deserve her innocent post-it-note to be put up on a wall where everyone would read it and laugh at her wish. Should she go there and rip her note off? She should.

"Come on Hyunnie~ Stop sulking~" Sunny tugged Seohyun's arm when they walking in Central Park.

"I'm not sulking."

"Oh yes you are. Is it because what TaeNy did?"

"I said I'm not sulking." Seohyun hissed, yanking her arm free from Sunny.

"She is sulking." Yuri came to Sunny's side.

"Yep."

Later that day when they were back at their hotel Seohyun's mind was still busy thinking about the stupid post-it-note. Why would it even bother her that much? She didn't write her name on it. Nobody would know it was from her.

Except...

The waitress...

The hot waitress...

Hot?

Yeessss that Mina girl. That hot waitress..

Ugh that waitress saw her note. Tiffany must have said it was from Seohyun, because she clearly membered how Mina had looked into the maknae's eyes and smiled. She knows it's from her. She knows. Oh no..

 

Just like that, Seohyun found herself sitting at the same cafe as yesterday near the pot-it-note wall. She was waiting her latte and tried to find her note from the sea of yellow notes. She was sure she saw Mina putting her note on the wall, but why was finding it so hard. She squinted her eyes and inched closer to the wall. After a while reading requests about money, fame, health, toys, coffee machines and other things, Mina arrived with Seohyun's order. Silently Mina placed the latte on the table and looked at Seohyun.

"Are you looking for something in particular?" the waitress asked startling Seohyun.

"Oh goodness! You scared the gogumas out of me!"

"Haha! I'm really sorry." Mina bowed, "I didn't mean to do that."

"Now that you mentioned, yes, I am looking for something.." Seohyun said looking up at the brunette waitress.

"Your Christmas wish?"

"N-yes. I want it back."

"Hmm.. I could give it back to you."

"But? There's always a but." Seohyun mumbled the last part.

"But, only on one condition." Mina said smiling. She held a dark wood circle shaped tray against her chest.

"Fine. What is it?"

"Are you sure you want to know?" Mina teased, bending her torso forward

Please log in to read the full chapter