You saved me (Taeyeonxyou)

Winter Tales [on a HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

*******

 

"Sending you to that all girls high school was clearly a mistake." Mr. Kim commented peeking over his newspaper. He was judging his eighteen year old daughter who had just admitted she liked girls in ual way.

"I disagree Father. Without you sending me there I would have never met the love of my life." Taeyeon protested loudly. She did not have believed it would turn out this way. Her speech was prepared well and she had planned out everything. They were suppose to be understanding, caring and loving towards her. Instead it turned out to become totally different. She got yelled at from her mother and father. Hayeon, her younger sister was to scared to say anything and kept peeking behind the kitchen door.


"No! She is not the one you love! You are not gay for Christ's sake!" Taeyeon's mother yelled and slammed her fist on the wooden table startling Taeyeon. Obviously coming out was shocking to her parents and what seemed to shock them more was Taeyeon telling them about her girlfriend of five months. According to Taeyeon's father, the all girl high school was the cause of this. Funny, because that's not where she met her love.


"Mom I already told you! I can't choose who I love." Taeyeon tried to explain herself. Her heart was crushing into small pieces bit by bit as her parents kept fighting against the truth. Tears started to form into her eyes, she felt her hands shaking.

 

"Get out." Mr. Kim said with a demanding voice. Taeyeon's head snapped toward her father who had dead serious look on his face. That was when Taeyeon's heart stopped. This was the worst case scenario she had imagined. Getting kicked out of her home on winter.

 

"Kim Taeyeon! Get out of this house immediately! You are no longer a part of this family!" Taeyeon's mother yelled with tears threatening to fall on her red cheeks. Taeyeon was too stunned to even say anything. She stood there frozen.

 

"Unnie.." Hayeon said quietly as she stepped inside the kitchen. She had tried to come up with a defending speech for her sister, but seeing the angry look on her parents she couldn't bring herself to speak. Instead she took a hold of Taeyeon's slightly shaking hand.

 

"Hayeon! Go to your room this instant!" Mrs. Kim ordered the younger daughter who didn't want to comply. When her mother raised her voice even more, Taeyeon nudged her younger sister to go. Taeyeon didn't want Hayeon to witness any of this.

 

"Get out Taeyeon. You are no longer part of our family. Get out of this house." Mr. Kim said and rose up from his seat. He towered easily Taeyeon's mother. Taeyeon had always had respect towards her easy going father, but this changed everything. The trust and respect she once had for the man disappeared in an instant.

 

"You know what?! I don't need you people, because I have someone who truly loves me!" with that, Taeyeon got dressed up and stormed out of the house.

 

Taeyeon had been battling her inner demons for almost her whole high school career. She wanted to convince herself she wasn't gay and that she loved men. Her feelings were complete mess inside her head and she did not know what to do. Once she had tried to get rid of all of her feelings, forever. She had thought that killing herself would solve all of her problems and she would have peace with herself that way.

 

Her high school time was pure hell. She was insecure, coward, ugly and scared. Those were all of the words said by Taeyeon herself in a counseling session with the school's psychiatrist. The psychiatrist wanted Taeyeon to take a part of this 'Friend for Everyone' program, which offered teenagers support when they had troubles with life. Basically, they interviewed the participating teenager first and based on that they sent either a male or a female whose interests and nature matched with the teenager's to become their 'friend'. The goal of the program was to help teenagers to socialize more with other people and get out in the wonderful world. In other words, it was a program trying to prevent isolation of youngsters and to drop down suicide rates.

 

Taeyeon had felt suspicious towards this program and really was not feeling it. Until she met with a girl who was chosen to be her 'friend'. The girl dragged Taeyeon to movies, to sport games, to dinners, to random walks around the city, to shopping, to libraries, to museums, to cafes and everywhere. When she said dragged, she was really dragged. It seemed like the girl's goal was to get Taeyeon out of her small comfy bedroom and outside to the buzzing metropolitan city. Taeyeon didn't like the girl, she didn't have any opinions what they should have done on their days together nor answer any questions from the girl needing a longer answer than a simple 'yes' or a 'no'. Taeyeon just had to hang out with the girl for two moths before her contract with 'Friend for Everyone' ended.

 

Slowly, but surely Taeyeon regained her passion to live again, to laugh again, to smile again and most importantly, she became brave enough to love for the first time in her life. Yes, Taeyeon fell in love with her 'friend' chosen by her interviewer. Taeyeon felt comfortable around the girl and she noticed how fine the girl was with her own body and uality. Taeyeon listened the girl's stories of her school time, about her friends, about her parents and even about her annoying ex-girlfriend, which Taeyeon grew to hate as much as the girl did.

 

After the program ended, it was actually Taeyeon who asked to keep in contact with the girl. That was her first full sentence to the girl. The girl was stunned, to say at least. But nevertheless granted Taeyeon's wish. As days went by they visited many libraries, cafes, museums, sport games, movies and malls. But this time Taeyeon was fully active on commenting about everything, pointing out small details and carrying a conversation with the girl.

 

They got closer and closer until one night the girl confessed her feeling to Taeyeon with a small voice. Taeyeon remembered herself smiling like a dork at the words what came from the girl's mouth. She didn't believe ever to hear someone confessing to her. Taeyeon always had thought she would die alone with 20 cats as her companion. After the awkward confession Taeyeon pulled the collar of the girl and locked their lip together. Since that day the two were inseparable and Taeyeon had found her reason to live again. Even their didn't bother Taeyeon.

 

It was cold and dark outside. Snow piles were everywhere and small cafes were full of people hiding from the snow and cold winter breeze. Taeyeon stomped the snowy streets aimlessly. She felt like trash. Her parents threw her out and she didn't have a home. Leaving her own room with her painting equipment behind felt like a bad choice. New Year was close and it would be the first one for Taeyeon to spend separate from her parents. Tears rolled down Taeyeon's pale face, but she quickly wiped them off with her mittens.

 

For an hour she walked, for another hour she walked. If only she had taken her phone and wallet with her, she could have slept in a cheap motel and buy some food. Her face was cold and she shivered under her thick winter coat. Her thighs tingled from the coldness and her toes were loosing feeling. Carefully she tugged up her blue scarf to cover and nose. Her feet dragged the ground through a park. Slowly she walked forward, not knowing where she was heading.

 

Her heart must have taken control of her feet when she realized she was standing in front of a metal gate. She had walked out of Seoul and was at a decent looking detached house's neighborhood. The small streets were a maze going left and right all over the neighborhood. She would have gotten lost unless she knew exactly where she was going. Her heart had led her feet to the person she needed the most, Lee Mina.

 

Taeyeon lifted her finger to ring the button at the iron gate, but stopped before it made contact with the white button. It was way past 2 am. Taeyeon was wondering whether to press the button or not. What if Mina was already asleep or what if she was having a headache? It was rude to show up at someone's door without an invitation. It was even more rude if it happened to be night.

 

A sudden loud noise of a car's horn from street startled Taeyeon and her finger accidentally hit the white doorbell button. The sweet, yet annoying melody of the call rang in the winter air. "Yes?" a voice came through the small speaker. That was when Taeyeon realized she had accidentally pressed the button. She was slightly panicking.

 

"Hello? Anybody there?" Mina's voice questioned again.

 

"Um..H-hi." Taeyeon stuttered feeling awkward at ringing the doorbell. She couldn't detect any sleepiness from Mina's voice. Maybe she did not wake her?

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

"Y-yes."

 

"Oh come in! Come in!" Mina said happily buzzing the gate's lock open. Taeyeon closed the gate carefully behind her and walked across the small path cleared out of snow to Mina's front door. Mina was waiting her girlfriend at the door. She was wrapped in a soft blanket around her body, her hair tied up in a messy bun.

 

"What are you doi-" Mina's question was cut short as Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her slightly taller girlfriend.

 

"Gaah! Cold cold cold cold!" Mina repeated and pulled Taeyeon inside and slammed the door shut tightly. Taeyeon's jacket was indeed cold and when the younger one nuzzled her cold face in the crook of Mina's neck, it didn't help at all. Taeyeon inhaled deeply Mina's scent and felt her sadness slowly fading away. She was feeling a tad better than before. This is where she was suppose to be, wrapped up safely in Mina's arms.

 

"Hey Tae? Can you be dear and ditch the jacket? It's seriously cold." Mina asked jokingly and patted Taeyeon's back with her hand. Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend's words. She broke the hug and took off her jacket. Mina offered a hanger for the younger.

 

"What's up T? Is everything okay?" Mina asked as the black haired girl was done with her jacket, shoes, mittens and beanie. She had a hoodie and sweatpants on. Mina lifted Taeyeon's face by gently lifting the younger's chin. When she saw tears in Taeyeon's eyes Mina immediately wrapped her arms around her. They stayed like that for awhile. Taeyeon sobbing against Mina's shirt and Mina Taeyeon's back.

 

"What ever it is Taeyeon, I'm sure it will be alright. Maybe not tomorrow or the day after, but one day it will be alright." Mina assured the sobbing black haired girl.

 

 

**

 

 

"....and now I'm here." Taeyeon concluded her story about how she got kicked out by her parents and how she ended up to her girlfriend's house. Mina kept silent throughout Taeyeon's story and listened carefully everything she said. Taeyeon appreciated Mina's small gestures, like rubbing gently her hand or her thigh to soothe down the younger Korean.

 

Taeyeon didn't want to be left alone and Mina promised she could stay in her house as long as she needed to. Mina said she would take care of her and provide her everything she needs. Hayeon was Taeyeon's only worry at the moment. Her sister was younger and easily affected by fights and arguments. She was a gentle and caring young girl and the last thing she needed was to see her big sister getting kicked out.

 

"Coming out to your parents must not be easy Tae-bear. From what I've heard from you about them, it seemed like that there really was not going to be any other kind of reaction to this." Mina stated her opinion while gently on Taeyeon's cheek. One thing Taeyeon loved about Mina was her world play with Taeyeon's name. She had head many different versions of her na

Please log in to read the full chapter